« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

how to dress emo, but in uniform ?

hey so ! i have a school uniform that consists of black leggings and a school shirt, and as a result of only wearing this uniform i feel like i’ve lost some of my emo style :< , does anyone have any tips for continuing to dress in my own style while still wearing this uniform?

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☆Lucky☆

posted

idk what your school's rules are but you could probably accessorize (unless you already do so). Kandi, extra leggings/socks n belts might look cool with the uniform 

Report Reply

Reply by buggie

posted

oh totally :0 those are all pretty good ideas, i could probably wear some sort of sock that could go partially over my pants too ! and i have some kandi and some supplies to make kandi with ! 

Report Reply

Reply by cici

posted

i'm not emo, but you could probably get away with rubber bracelets showing off your favorite bands, some jewelry, like necklaces, chokers, rings etc with some emo motifs! this is prob gonna sound stereotypical but skull motifs might be nice :) if you carry a backpack, patches, pins, and maybe some keychain type things could be nice. also, hair clips with designs or little like... rubber? attachments on them? i dont know what they're specifically called but they exist. of course makeup, you're probably wearing a mask to school so some emphasis on eye makeup might help. if you have any piercings, you could try to get specific things for that too... maybe some socks with designs on them? i'm not sure if your school has anything specific for shoes, but maybe you could draw over some cheap ones with sharpie. nail polish too, anything like this could probably help you a lot! 

tldr: accessorize
hopefully this doesn't sound too stereotypical, i tried to go off of my knowledge of emo fashion which is pretty limited

Report Reply

Reply by Test-tube with better eyeliner

posted
updated

Hair makeup and accessories. I dont know how to elaborate more 

Like styling your hair or dyeing it, doing dark makeup, and obv bracelets necklaces and whatever that's usually what i do to change my outfits to be a bit more 'alt'

Report Reply

Reply by CYB3RSICK !!

posted

probs a generic response but accessories are everything! idk how lax ur school is but just wear whatever alt/emo accessories that'll look good w/ it. makeup and shoes (if you don't have specific uniform shoes), like eyeliner and cool shoes.

Report Reply

Reply by cloadetta

posted

Fishnet gloves would probably look cool (assuming ur uniform is short sleeved)!!!

Report Reply