« Books and Stories Forum

book recommendation

Posted by sarahi

posted
updated

Forum: Books and Stories

can someone recommend some lgbtq+ ya books and if they're fantasy then thats even better 

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Eternity

posted
updated

Dreadnought by April Daniels
Kensei by Jeremy Zimmerman

Edit: Just realized they're also both superhero books. I guess this is what I look for in sapphic YA novels...? 

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

-I am very interested in what people think and how people respond. I think it will be interesting to see the responses from the public as to why people are so passionate and passionate. I would love if the authors would give some feedback about the quality and the variety of the texts and the quality and variety in the book, how the book was read, etc etc, and if there is a specific reason why the authors feel they are getting the most feedback.

The main reason why I think the book is good is that the book has an engaging narrative and the author is a very good writer, but there is a lack in the writing and the characters. The characters are very complex but there is no sense in trying to explain what happened to them or what they want out of their life, they have no sense that the characters are real, and that they are a figment of someone else's imaginations or a figment of the imagination of their own. The characters are so complex they do have no real meaning, no real connection with reality or with reality itself. They have little to no understanding and no meaning to life, and this makes the story a little confusing to the readers. The characters have very limited sense of their own existence and are not very interesting.

I think this will be a great way for people who like books that have an action and some story, to get some feedback. I am not a huge fan of books where the author is not very interested in the characters or the story or even the world around them. I like the idea, but I think it would have an effect. I am very curious about what readers will find interesting.

Report Reply

Reply by Elux_Died_♤☆

posted

I'm actually an author and recently released my first ya LGBTQ+ novel 👉👈

It's called Theory if Reality, and it's about how two different teens go through high school, mainly through the lenses of ethnic/LGBTQ+ identity, mental illness, and environment. A good amount of the novel is based in my and others' experiences, and I tried to incorporate identities not normally represented.

I also like All Ways by Kelly Coons. It's mainly about two autistic brothers on a road trip, but there is LGBTQ+ rep sprinkled throughout.

I'm not super well-versed in ya fantasy, but good luck with that genre!

Report Reply