« Back to the SpaceHey Forum

Email Notifications

Posted by Frankkie

posted
updated

Forum: SpaceHey Group

One thing Spacehey needs is email notification settings. You can select which type of notifications you want emails sent for (e.g. comments, friend requests, IM's, etc).  The default setting would be to receive emails for all activity, then you can modify it from there.  

Of course it will be useful for active users, but this will also cause a lot of people who haven't used Spacehey in a while, to log back on and check any activity their accounts are getting.  Many users are signing up, using it for a little bit, and then becoming inactive for months because they're just totally forgetting about their account.  By having email notifications for certain activity, it will alert and and give these inactive users a reason to log back on to check their accounts.

Additional Note/Point:

Also, by having email notifications, it will substitute for the main reason why so many people on here are requesting an app. Most people who say they want a Spacehey app are claiming that they want it mainly for notifications. 

Well, since everyone who signs up on here needs an email address to do so (it's also your log-in username), and everyone who has a smartphone also has their email linked to their phone like any other app, we might as well utilize the email address to receive activity notifications. This will serve the same purpose of having an app, and also preserve the nostalgia of it being like the old Myspace (no app/keeping it browser based).

Report Topic

18 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Fluid Dynamic

posted

Yes please

Report Reply

Reply by N!ke

posted
updated

Great idea! 

Report Reply

Reply by Frankkie

posted

Thanks, guys!

Report Reply

Reply by RisenFromDarkness4867

posted

Great idea! :)

Report Reply

Reply by Eamon

posted

I agree, email notifications are a good idea.

Report Reply

Reply by V Holeček Art

posted

This seems like the best compromise between having an app and not.

Report Reply

Reply by Frankkie

posted

Yes, V Holeček Art, that's a great way to look at it.

Report Reply

Reply by Thyme

posted

Email notifications are definitely a must

Report Reply

Reply by Jani☆Noir

posted

it would bring many benefits

Report Reply

Reply by Didrick

posted

I'm all for the e-mail notifications idea too, it would make people log in more often and you'd instantly be alerted about new things happening, especially when you're on a smartphone.

Report Reply

Reply by Swiftpaw

posted

Support 

Report Reply

Reply by Tabitha

posted

Reply by Teresia

posted

Long overdue :) By all means - yes, please! 

Report Reply

Reply by They_Baby_Mama

posted

Reply by fukurolady

posted

very much agreed. fuck the app. i don't want this website to just be another thing that people mindlessly scroll through along with five other apps. let's do it, an.

Report Reply

Reply by rae

posted

You're so right about it solving the demand for an app! I thought about an app version earlier today... but felt it defeated the purpose of this platform as a whole. (I don't remember a MySpace app on my razor in 2006 lol...) 

Good idea :)

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

It would be great to be notified by space hey daily 

Report Reply

Reply by ThunderMite42

posted

This is sorely needed IMO. I'm a pretty forgetful guy, so I can guarantee that I'll miss most replies to my stuff/interactions in general. Email notifs would be much appreciated.

Report Reply