« Back to the C's Safe Space <3 Forum

rant | advice

hello!! my name is jaidyn 14 f. i recently went to a convention called fan expo boston. the night before the convention this 'friend' canceled on me. i panicked and found a ride to go. i live in ri, and boston convention center is a long way. she told the whole group of two people i wasn't going. she was rude to me the whole time and making up excuses to exclude me out of EVERYTHING. the two nice people in my group, lemme call them j and o. the 'friend'  started to make fun of cosplayers from the dsmp community (dream survival multiplayer). after telling everyone how i'm apart of it and how she sees me just as a person to associate with that community. i can't help it. over the pandemic i grew a fixation over jschlatt content. it went sooo far that i was first inline for is merch drop. the 'friend' blatantly talked about wanting to rip off their wigs and push them down the ongoing escalators. which of course made me a bit uncomfortable. i told o who was laughing about it, that the conversation made me completely uncomfy. they stopped automatically. something i forgot to add is that this 'friend made a new discord acc. and got a new number 5 months before we were reunited as friends. there was no way i could get into touch with him. at the convention he tried leaving me every time. i didn't want to be alone so i followed them around. i was invited by o to hangout with them. i offered to buy them food. a lot of other stuff happened that isn't as important. i got to go a second day. because my sister wanted to go, 11 f. it was okay because she was with me and wasn't bothering anyone. i ended up hanging out with a group from the mha fandom. they knew my 'friend' ditched me and offered that i could tag along, seeing i was uncomfy with all the hurtful comments coming from my 'friend'. it was fun. we reunited with o and j after an hour of hanging out with the other group. my 'friend' got mad that i left saying i ditched him. after a cosplay red carpet shoot, we went to eat. 'friend's' mom was at a table in the cafe. we went to go wait in line but my sister didn't want to wait but go off. i said no and asked the mother if she could just look after her for just a minute. this pissed my 'friend' off. saying it wasn't her mom's responsibly. her mom offered to watch her too for a few minutes. 'friend' always complained i was irresponsible. we have a two year age gap and they always used that to tear me down and as excuses she was better at everything because of be being the youngest of the group (not including my sister). she also lied about everything and refused to take accountability. used me to buy stuff for her and to use accounts. so lets go back after the con. on discord she spammed me asking to use my paypal acc to get a sponsorship. i said yes and i gave it to her. i didn't know you needed a bank acc. i told her it didn't go though. the next day my grandfather was hospitalized so i was busy and not answering my phone. she blew up my phone accusing me of stealing the money when i couldn't accept it bc i don't have a bank account. my grandfather passed and she kept calling me and blowing up my phone.

how the texts went:
them: spam about me 'stealing the money' (more then 50 messages)
me: hey uh pls stop texting me, im in the hospital saying my final goodbyes to my grandfather. not the time please don't text me rn.
them: stfu no idc you stole the companies money
me: ... wtf im blocking you, don't talk to me like that.

i told j and o because they said they weren't saying stuff about dsmp cosplayers when they heard them say it. i told them the whole story. 

i ended the friendship bc i was forced to misgender them for 4 years and told them i couldn't lie anymore bc it felt rlly wrong. a friend from the con texted the mother 'friend's' tiktok when they are not supposed to have any socials. im now getting blamed for this and people are saying i outed them when i brought it up to 3 people to confirm the situation privately. is it my fault?

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by 666herobrinelover

posted

In no way possible are you the asshole. That "friend" of yours had been acting so foolish and been a real bitch and honestly you removing yourself as their friend was the right thing. I don't think they understand how hard it was for you to deal with having to misgender them. I've had to be in the same situation and it is truly so stressful and it feels so wrong and is such a horrible feeling. It is honestly so disturbing how that "friend" would make fun of you for liking a certain person content, how low of a person can you be to hate on someone content especially if it had helped you when you needed it most and the audacity for them to ignore the fact you are in pain because you had lost your grandfather all over you "scamming" them . I am sorry for your lose :( I really hope you can recover from this toxic friendship and not have to deal with toxic people that will find any reason to treat someone like shit. I hope you can recover from this asshole love :)!!

Report Reply