« Music Forum

vinyl

Posted by fukurolady

posted

Forum: Music

hello everyone, fukurolady here.

i wanted to ask all you vinyl collectors where you like getting your stuff from. nearby music stores? discogs? ebay? facebook? let me know. let me know also if you have any favorites or anything, i have a couple. 

black sabbath - heaven and hell

ghost - prequelle + seven inches of satanic panic

some other ones that im too stoned to remember...

fukurolady

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by colonopenbracket

posted

i just get vinyl from stores in my city but i would probably order online if i had a job or means to order packages.

faves in my collection

burned out bright - self titled album (2004)

hour of the star - self titled ep (1997)

Report Reply

Reply by Evil Gilded

posted

My discogs is https://www.discogs.com/user/Evil_Gilded. Huge hip-hop fan. 

Report Reply

Reply by BlenchBird

posted

A lot of my stuff comes from lucky finds at charity shops. They very rarely check if what they get in is worth anything. That and antiques centres! A lot of vinyl fairs happen where I live too so I got lucky on that front.

Nicest find I got was a first press of Steeley Dan's 'Can't buy a Thrill' for £5, that was a charity shop special!

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Lauren☆

posted

I do most of my vinyl shopping online, but I do love giving business to local record shops as well. 

I really like ordering off Discogs for older albums (like Beatles or Pink Floyd albums, which can run really expensive these days) because they have really good deals on there for gently used records.

For newer releases, I usually check the Urban Outfitters, Target, and Walmart websites because they usually get a lot of cool exclusive pressings that I enjoy adding to my collection.

My favorite item in my collection is probably my Evanescence vinyl box set.

Report Reply

Reply by xX.I.lost.reality.Xx

posted

Usually get mine from my local record store but also other ones, i gotta go to every record store i see when i visit a city lol

Report Reply