« Back to the 2000s fashion trends and nostalgia Forum

what music from the early 2000s-2010s did you grow up on?

gwen stefani, my chemical romance, paramore, & alicia keys were on repeat in my moms car, but when listening by myself it was ke$ha, britney, gwen, beyoncé, paramore, & nicki during her roman eraaa

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by RedDot

posted
updated

mostly rap stuff like snoop dogg, 50 cent, xzibit etc... but when I searched for music by myself and not my brother showed me music, then I started to like my avril lavigne, evanescence etc.

only recently, like 2020-2021 is when I started to be much more of a rock head I guess, like now nirvana is my fav band like ever but that's 90's stuff I know :P

Report Reply

Reply by {Kai}

posted

I remember growing up listening to my aunt play all the classics either in the car or in the hand-me-down  Ipod shuffle she gave me. A lot of Lit, Sean Kingston, Simple Plan, Blink-182, Sheryl Crow, Kelly Clarkson, Natasha Bedingfield, Owl City, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Atomic Kitten and, of course, our overlord: Lady Gaga. I remember jamming out with my older cousin (who was very into the scene at the time) to Lady gaga's "The Fame" on vinyl in his room. I unfortunately don't know what happened to the Ipod shuffles and CD mixtapes that we'd listen to, man, I should try to look for those! <3

Report Reply

Reply by Zecnetovk V.

posted
updated

Various artists, various genres tbh

Linkin Park
Juanes
Laura Pausini
Jarabe de Palo
Calle 13
Maná
Coldplay
Juan Luis Guerra
Chayanne
Edward Maya
Nicola Fassano
Vitas
Café Tacvba
Kanny García 
Julieta Venegas
Paulina Rubio
Belinda
Green Day
Creed
Three Doors Down
Sol de Menta
Bebé
tAtU
Olga Tañon
Enrique Iglesias
La Quinta Estacion
Oreja de Van Gogh

I will update this list the more I remember

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧Daisyhead⛧ (profile plays music :3)

posted
updated

I grew up in the 2010's and now the 2020's but as for music at THAT time period (like 2010's). Lots of post-hardcore. 

Report Reply

Reply by Nichole

posted

Most definitely R&B. My mom used to put on the R&B station when we got in the car and would sing her heart out. A lot of the songs are basically etched into my brain by now.

Report Reply

Reply by Gwamomi (。・ω・。)

posted
updated

Personally i grew up in the 2010's to now and mine have to be Mother Mother, gewn stefani, and tv girl (those are some)

Report Reply

Reply by Olivia

posted

i remember exclsivly listening to disney originals on my ipod touch becasue that was all my parents would buy for me on the app store

Report Reply

Reply by ★ ꫀꪜ ☆

posted

50 Cent, Britney Spears, Rihanna and etc i mean- BASICALLY EVERYTHING 

Report Reply

Reply by ★ ꫀꪜ ☆

posted

50 Cent, Britney Spears, Rihanna and etc i mean- BASICALLY EVERYTHING 

Report Reply

Reply by swedishgurlll

posted

Reply by 『A』『R』『I』

posted

I grew up on rock,, linkin park, Korn, system of a down, and "divroced dad music" like breaking benjamin and three days grace. still listen to all those bands lol

Report Reply

From 1999 to about 2003 I was all about Aaron Carter, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Aaliyah, and Destiny's Child.

I started leaning more into rock and nu metal around 2004. Bands like Crossfade, System of a Down, Trapt, Slipknot, Evans Blue, HIM, Killswitch Engage, and many others became mainstays in my playlists.

Report Reply