« Music Forum

Recording Technology or Audio Engineering students?

Posted by L Boogie Jr.

posted

Forum: Music

Whats up! 

I'm Love and I'm a Recording Technology student at Citrus college in LA County.
I'm in first year, but I have a couple years experience in digital composition and production.
The pandemic really helped me put my nose to the grind and get involved in the world of audio engineering.
Prior to this, I was primarily a song writer and vocalist, putting together 11 years in the industry.

Looking to connect with anybody else in the field to chat, share mixes, tutor, study, you name it.

Feel free to add me, or simply make yourself seen! 
Let's get this community rolling!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Vigilante Stylez

posted

I am an in the box mix engineer with a classic sound and vibe. Here is an example of my work, I also produced this remix.  

Report Reply

posted

I normally work in Reaper.  I know my way around Protools with no problem.  I think I have every channel strip plugin ever made, but I come back to the Waves SSL Collection, just love the sound of those plugins over my whole session.  I got their virtual mixrooms too, because I live in an apartment, and the room acoustics are no good, and I don't have great monitors.  I think I get a good sound, so the virtual mixrooms seem to be honest to my ears.  Well, not Abbey Road Studio 3, but OceanWay Nashville, and CLA Nx are my preferred, especially the CLA mixroom.  To get good mileage out of them you have to get the headphone models they have in the plugin.  Then measure your head with measuring tape for accurate HRTF.  

Report Reply

Reply by L Boogie Jr.

posted

I wondered about those virtual mixroom plugins. I mix in a 8x10x9 room and my acoustic treatment is minimal right now. Helps to get used to the sound of your room. I also enjoy the Waves SSL series, powerful stuff! I use logic primarily but am learning protools. 

Report Reply

posted

Yeah if you are used to your room, and how the monitors sound, then you can get a good mix.  :) 

Report Reply