« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Programmer's Round-table

Posted by Phillip

posted

Forum: Web, HTML, Tech

I have made this thread for all programmers of all experience and of all languages to come together and discuss programming and your programming related projects.

How many years have you been programming?
What languages do you know?
What projects have you completed?
etc

Please share!

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Phillip

posted

For myself, I have been programming intermittently for a handful of years now. I began with a book called "Programming From The Ground Up" by Johnathen Bartlet that teaches you x86 assembler in GNU syntax on Linux, then I moved onto C language and have touched other languages too like Python and C++, but C is my favorite language and the one I am most familiar.

At the time of writing I am designing my own programming language that I plan to be interpreted by a VM and this VM will ultimately function as the shell or a Linux based OS.
The language has a lot of similarity with C but has some incompatible differences in its syntax, one feature I have planned is for easy processing of text such as easy concatenation, easy comparison, easy value to text conversion expressions, etc. No code has been written yet and won't be until I am completely satisfied with the syntax and features of the language.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

The best way for people to learn is through the use of programming. I have done a great deal of research into programming languages, so this is the first of a few posts on programming languages I have written and learned over the last few decades. I think the best approach would be: to learn the basics of programming. I've been working with people from the computer science and mathematics departments of the University of Michigan, and the University of Michigan has done great job with this, so it would make a good first impression on you as an undergraduate student. The first step to understanding how to program in a programming language is the use of a programming environment. Programming environments are not a requirement, as I've already done in the last post. I think the best approach is to use a program that can run as an interpreter and run on a server, as well as the language itself. This would be the first time you've learned to program with the use of an interpreter.

I'm not a programming language person.

What are some of the things that you do to make it easier to use the programming language?

The first thing I do when writing code for an interpreter (I call it "writing") is to use the same programming language. The second one I do for the server is to write the server code in C, which in this case is C++, and use the language as the interpreter for my program (the code I write for it is not written by me, it's the code that the interpreter runs on).

I also write the code to the server and use it for other functions, like calling an interface, which in this case is a pointer or a pointer arithmetic operation that can be used for other operations, like a function call or a call of a method.

I write the program as a C-language program and I have a C++ compiler that I write for myself, so that it runs as an interpreter for my program, which means I have to write code for it. I don't have a language to teach me programming, so that's what I'm

Permalink Report Reply