« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Did <video> html tag get removed?

Hey everyone. I noticed a pic on my page that included a video clip was gone. When I went to edit my profile I noticed that <video> html tag wasn't in the list of allowed html tags anymore and that's what I used for that image to work. I'm assuming it was removed?

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Dustin

posted

Yep, it's gone.

Your best bet is to probably upload the video to YouTube (or similar) and use their embed code to display the video on your page since it doesn't pull a direct movie video file.  It's at least a workaround until/if they bring the <Video> tag back.

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

1.) The image was removed because it wasn't appropriate for a child. It wasn't in the "safe area of your screen". The only other thing that could have been considered a problem with this is that the user was trying to access the image via the browser and the user's browser was not the one who was accessing it. It's a good example.

2.) The child was being exploited to make a child-specific page. I think it was not a good choice for this, but if the user was trying to use a specific child to do a particular task and they didn't understand how the page was going to look, it was a problem and I think that should have been fixed sooner or later (or maybe not, I'm just saying this because I know this isn't something I've ever been able to do and I think I'm going to do a lot of work in this case).

3.) The user's page was not a safe area for this to happen (and the page is being used as a page for the user to use to access a specific child's child-specific image). It should have been fixed sooner. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't think about that at all and I think that should've been fixed in this case.

I think the problem with this image and its placement was a combination of the image being a child and not an appropriate location for the user to use the image to access the page. I don't think the problem with this is that I think this was a good use of a child to do something. I just think it's a very, very poor choice. I'm sure it would've helped the user, I'm just not sure if I think this would've worked. But I'm going to try my best and I don't want this happening to any children or any of our children, but if this were to occur it would probably have made a very big difference to our child. I'm sure it could've worked, and if this had occurred the image would have been a good

Report Reply