« Back to the autistics Forum

anyone else here experience RSD symptoms?

Posted by ida🦌✨💜

posted
updated

Forum: autistics Group

RSD is very commonly associated with autism and ADHD so yeah

i've been bullied out of a few spaces before for being queer and it honestly messes with me lol. like if i feel home somewhere and people take it away from me for such a bullshit reason i honestly just end up breaking down crying randomly for the next three days

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by plut0

posted

Yeah,, I get u with this stuff buddy

i spend a lot of time reminding myself that like, a lot of stuff isn't as personal as it seems, and that like, if it is personal, they should tell me that directly, like that isn't like some crazy thing to ask of them. It's not and should never be too much to ask someone to be direct w u and such.

Report Reply

Reply by Abri Muccino

posted

man that shit is the worst. i've constantly struggled with that my whole life.

Report Reply

Reply by .+* aurora *+.

posted

absolutely. obviously with big stuff like the example you gave (I’m so sorry that happened btw!) but also just little things like a teacher saying I could’ve done better on a test or something. 

Report Reply

Reply by mimosa

posted

AS A PERSON W/ both autism n adhd I’ve dealt with it before !!

Report Reply

Reply by azazel/nick

posted

oh definitely, that shits the worst. i have adhd and autism, and i believe it's super common in adhders so i deal with it frequently. i've found that anxiety medication is very helpful! not everyone can get that prescribed though so i wish you luck otherwise :)

Report Reply

Reply by cola

posted

i've had such bad rsd since i was a kid and it's so frustrating... it feels stupid to be an adult and still fighting back tears because somebody seemed slightly disappointed in a mistake i made

Report Reply

Reply by HEAVY

posted

My rsd gets really intense and is honestly kind of debilitating bc it will absolutely wreck my mental health for days + make me feel sick and sometimes tremble uncontrollably :( 

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted
updated

RSD really fucks me up. I can never post anything or say anything without getting paranoid thoughts of people being disgusted with everything I say and trying to bully me off the internet. I've never even being hardcore bullied before so I don't know where this fear comes from... It's so frustrating cause I lost so many childhood friends because I'm too scared to text them back.

Report Reply

Reply by nebula

posted

bro i honestly struggle with it so much, i get offended very easily and im super sensitive. i've had breakdowns before over people being rude to me online and in safe spaces.. i totally feel you

Report Reply

Reply by Sad Bears Playroom

posted

I have a bit to much of rsd

But that doesn't stop me from asking thinhs

It's just when I get like a no or something

I sob so so much :(

Rsd sucks dude

Report Reply

Reply by Ryen

posted

yeah I get it really bad sometimes. hate that shit

Report Reply

Reply by voraciousKobold

posted

If I'm not mistaken on what the term means, I had an RSD episode when I was in highschool so bad that even thinking about it ruins my entire week, even as I'm typing right now I am blocking that memory, I can't find a good way to process it because I can't talk about it, my speech goes away as if something stole my vocal chords when I try to talk about it verbally.

Something I can do to describe it without thinking is to point out some of the logical points of it, I made a 2 branch prediction but I did not see the 3rd possibility, and I agonize on how I missed that, and my reaction to that was not handled very well because I put all my effort into preparing for only one of those possibilities because I reduced it to the favorable and unfavorable outcome, I planned a response for the unfavorable outcome more than the favorable because the favorable one is easier to process, but I didn't account for the neutral outcome. This made me very anxious and i didn't handle it well, I would often be nonverbal and classmates would try to talk to me and I'd say "I'm fine" and I'd also have my head down because I was trying to reduce stimuli so I could put as much focus on thinking about what that neutral outcome truly is, because in reality there is no neutral outcome, it is a delayed favorable or unfavorable outcome, it just depends on circumstances, and I was trying to analyze the entire timeline from my perspective (its not possible to know everything) to figure out what it could be but I came up empty, this all happened because I wasn't given any information on what I did wrong, so I had to figure it out by my self. As a result of this, I made people uncomfortable, so I cut them off for their sake, but I made sure to inform them of why I chose to do so rather than just ghost them, I mainly did that so I could finally get an answer, but I never did, so this issue has been stuck in my head for a year now despite the immediate issues being resolved. Its mainly a personal fear of making the mistake I made again because I didn't know what the mistake was that is eating me, so any time I am reminded of that episode I then find my self obsessively trying to process it, and that makes me space out and be less functional than usual. Time will heal this though because my brain will eventually forget all the details I need to analyze, so the idea of processing it is pointless at that point. I find my self thinking of the episode less and less precisely because I can't get any factual answers to it, but the dread and fear of making the same mistake that led to that episode still lingers in a way.

Report Reply

Reply by lee !!

posted

I have SUCH bad RSD. I think my problem with it is that i always associate rejection with like, applications or someone rejecting me asking them out. But my RSD usually manifests in feeling insane FOMO with my friends, or like not getting the part I auditioned for in a play. Or like I don't get a good enough grade. Like, those are all passive rejections and like i feel them so intensely that i like insanely spiral and think everyone hates me. I've done work on it and stuff, like trying to stop myself from snowballing by tryna nip it at the bud, but if you struggle with fomo like me, and feel like your friends don't care when they don't invite you to things (which is totally normal) i really recommend sharing to your friends how you feel and maybe ask them to help reassure you? And set boundaries, like 'please don't send me photos when ur hanging out' or something, it is worth it. And if your friends thing your overreacting, maybe they're not your friends.

Report Reply