« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

Check out the "Yesterweb Zine" a digital zine dedicated to the old 'net!

Posted by sadgrl.online

posted
updated

Forum: Reclaiming the Internet Group

Here is a link!ย https://yesterweb.neocities.org/zine/

This was created by the Yesterweb community on Discord! We are already working on a new issue themed "Halloween on the Internet". A link to join our server is available on this page!!

Report Topic

19 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

ย That's so cool! :}ย 

Report Reply

this zine is actually how i found out about this site! even though iโ€™m not in the discord, yesterweb is the best even from afar lol

Report Reply

Reply by Squid Died

posted

a good read!!

Report Reply

Reply by Justin

posted

That was nostalgic. I've been complaining for years how I've forgotten how to surf the web.

Lately I've really been missing 90s and early 2000s internet. Explaining to my niece how different it was when I was her age has been difficult.

Report Reply

Reply by lolo

posted

how does this website work

Report Reply

Reply by Lithobius Forficatus

posted

damn that's just an amazing art project, great job!

Report Reply

Reply by DarkMiryam

posted

I started reading it only now. Your project is fantastic. I wish we could have some italian "volunteers" to do the same here in Italy too. In my country people are too sticked to Facebook and it's quite impossible to let them change their mind.ย 

If I can help in some way to start develop this project in other countries, just let me know and count me in!

Report Reply

Reply by daisy

posted

this is so cool !!!! really liked reading it

Report Reply

Reply by Helios (he)

posted

And it's on neo cities! I love it!

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

i'll definitely join too!

Report Reply

Reply by Shadow

posted
updated

@Justin

Remember HotMail before MS grabbed it? That 30-day counter was a major b!

Kids nowadays will never understand how the internet used to be: email used to not be free, internet access was a privilege that was only afforded to the well-off or the necessary (and what most ppl could only afford was dial-up), that CDs for AOL with 500 free minutes was legit, or that "app" stores used to only have ringtones in 8-bit sound on the phones; we won't even go into how data wasn't even a thing for phones back then...ย 

Edit: after delving through the link I have remembered things that were a part of daily internet life for me like GaiaOnline... the feels from nostalgia are real.

Report Reply

Reply by Big Colb aka the blck ๐Ÿฆ…

posted

Reply by Chelsea Trent

posted

I really enjoy looking through this website :)

Report Reply

Reply by Chelsea Trent

posted

I really enjoy looking through this website :)

Report Reply

Reply by unrestedjade

posted

Read both issues of the zine while cooking dinner tonight and it's fab! Every article was on point, looking forward to the next one for sure.

Report Reply

Reply by Relish Ubiquitous

posted

Thanks for this zine it's amazing.ย ย 

I'm feeling this heavily.ย  I finished checking out the first issue, I really dig the design.ย  The articles took me back to when the web was quirky and fun.ย  Maybe it can still be that way.ย  Maybe it is and we just forgot.ย  Super vibes here!

Report Reply

Reply by Treacle

posted

Thank you for this, like an oasis in a desert of constant notifications and corporationsย 

Report Reply

Reply by Oval0ctal3ne

posted

If whoever is responsible for the zine is part of this group or SpaceHey,

thanks, much appreciated work here.

Report Reply