« Parties and Nightlife Forum

Ravers of Spacehey!

We've been stuck inside for so long I figured we should stay connected on this platform until we can all rage again! Post to add new people or share your livestreams or dance videos! Or just come introduce yourself and rave journey!

How long have you been raving? Favorite Genres? What about the rave time of your life? Best set you've ever seen?

This will (would've lol) be my 10th year raving! The Scenekid x raver Myspace era is what introduced me to the lifestyle that I lived vicariously online through in the mids 2000s until I finally found one in 2011. I haven't stopped dancing since! I was really into gloving while it was blowing up and for a while was spinning poi then I eventually moved on to some responsibilities in supporting my scene! I've worked sound and lighting, promoted out the ass after hours, and became a resident Go Go dancer at my local Club DNA Lounge in San Francisco! I've also been known to throw a renegade or two ;)

My favorite Genres are Happy Hardcore, Trance, Psytrance, DnB, and that sweet nostalgic Eurodance!

The best Rave I have ever been to was HTID USA 2015 a two day party in Arizona! I met so many friends in the HTID community that have become wonderful faces to see time and time again in my travels across the states and a beautiful reunion whenever a huge Hardcore Party happens.

The best set of my life was honestly Ian Van Dahl in LA for Clubland USA 2018. It was 115 degrees that day, There was no air conditioning in the venue, I had never been so exhausted and hot yet he threw down some fucking CLASSICS thoroughly and my heart was so happy! I thought I would never have a chance to hear some of that music live and it was beautiful UwU

Report Topic

51 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Harper

posted

Well, I've been raving for a few years or so, not long.

I love happy hardcore, dubstep, electro, and ambient 
My favorite sets I've seen live are from Excision or Skrillex 

Report Reply

Reply by Pyr3

posted

I honestly haven't been to a rave in so long. I was big into it 2009 to like 2012, the scene unfortunately died out around here when the man place that raves were held closed. My top types of rave music are hardstyle and jumpstyle, but I do love me some house.

Report Reply

Reply by Flare

posted

Oh man Excision is still on my list! Idk if my hearing damage could even handle them xD

and Yass jumpstyle! How do you feel about scooter coming back with that 2020 track xD

Report Reply

Reply by Casey Brooks

posted

ive been in love with trance since i was about 10. first actual festival was EDCO 2012. so 20 years i guess.  trance is number one always, DnB, psytrance, and  dubstep.  the best festival i went to was SMF tampa in 2015. I met my husband, in 2016 he proposed to me at the same festival.  best set ive ever seen was kaskade at EDCO 2015.

Report Reply

Reply by ⛪️ ♄el ℞azor ℧

posted

*squints*...bonbon???

Report Reply

Reply by astro graveyard

posted

UK Hardcore and Dubstep!

I like a weird mix, one day i'll be listening to S3RL but then the next day Excision lol!

Report Reply

Reply by Alexispromise

posted

I've never been to a rave but I want to so so so bad

Report Reply

Reply by Flare

posted

Razor yes it is I xD

Caleb, You would like the parties here in San Francisco we have both of those genres back to back at the same parties monthly or more!

Alex I hope you get to go to one when it's safe to do so! When the world opens up I want to post more forums for people to connect to different areas and find parties. No wall spam; just a place to find local people, rides and communities! :)

Report Reply

Reply by Jonathan Chmiel

posted

How about some old school....Bad Boy Bill, Brio Kids, Poliwog

Report Reply

Reply by Miranda & Esme

posted

Well I appear to be much older than anyone else here.  I went to my first rave in grade 10 in 1994 when I was 15.  A guy in my computer class put some headphones on my ears, and I fell in love with house music because it was like nothing I had ever heard before.  I lived in a small city in Canada called Calgary at the time.  There were only a handful of people at my first rave, but I was hooked.  I went to every rave that I knew about in my city for the next two years. Our raves were nothing like they are today.  They were small, I remember when having a turn out of 200 - 300 was considered a big turn out.  I stopped going to raves once I turned 18.  I just stopped hearing about them once I graduated high school.  So I pretty much just started going to bars that played house music.  

I like most genres of rave music.  I can honestly say I have been through various phases where I immersed myself in most genres.  I have become curious about trap lately, and have been thinking about producing some just because I it is newer than most genres.  Growing up house, hardcore, and techno were probably the most popular where I lived. I was a fiend for the music when I was in high school, and was rarely found off the dancefloor at a rave.  

Report Reply

Reply by Flare

posted

Miranda and Esme your'e truly og! I wish i got to experience the oldschool vibe in its moments. Especially all that trance!

Jonathan what a throwback! I remember poliwog from the Groove movie! Fun fact Forest Green one of the djs and producers of that movie is my partners roomate here in San Francisco. It's wild how the scene is always connected to one another in a way

Report Reply

Reply by Earnest

posted

I'm like Miranda. My first rave was in tenth grade, also 1994. It was in Oklahoma, so it was pretty tiny, especially compared to today's raves. My favorite rave was Hard Summer in LA in 2013, one of a couple times I got to see Skrillex.

Report Reply

Reply by ☁︎ ︎nuno

posted

I like music with beep boop and wub 

Report Reply

Reply by ☁︎ ︎nuno

posted

I like music with beep boop and wub 

Report Reply

Reply by Cashlin

posted

i have been to a few. theres a really great group in NYC that i think is just called NYCravers that put on some pretty cool ones. i would like to get out to some more, saw run dmt once and i remember it being a pretty good set. i would like to be able to make rave music too, its a lot more complicated than you would think i guess. i have heard about the whole demoscene culture because of going to electronic sets and i think that would be pretty cool to see, someone running music on protracker or lsdj. i eventually felt like going to raves and music festivals gets kind of expensive and if life can go back to normal i would want to volunteer for festivals so i can get in for free for the weekend or whatever (plus it would be a good experience) 

Report Reply

Reply by lydia

posted
updated

I just recently got into EDM and I’m so upset COVID happened because I want to go to a rave so bad!! I’d appreciate any music recs tho. how do you find raves to go to (for after COVID)?

Report Reply

Reply by joeythearsonjunkie

posted

hey!! i’m new to the rave culture type thing, i’ve honestly never been to a rave or many hardcore parties like one, but i would love to actually learn about rave culture and what to expect!! it sounds SUPER fun, and i’ve always wanted to experience it lolz. i’d love to meet people on here that are into it so i can hear all about it lolz~ X3

Report Reply

Reply by SuperrnovaKitty ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

posted

I've been raving since 2014...

I've honestly haven't been to into it as of late but illenium holds my hear dear. 

In the past unfortunately I have had bad experiences recently that makes me go into a panic attack at shows but I'm hoping to be able to feel alright going again 

Report Reply

Reply by ꓕTЯΛGIC

posted

I deff miss Raves :/ 

Report Reply

Reply by ~RawR-A-B0hl<3~

posted

I use to rave all the time before I had my son! I loved listening to Krewella! I miss raving so much it’s not even funny!!!! 

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

Never been to a rave before, but I want to attend one so bad!! Looks like so much fun :D

Report Reply

Reply by Nyghtreaux

posted

I've been into raving for what feels like a carbon-datable minute, and have danced in some rather interesting places here and there. 
Looking forward to many more, tho mainly sticking to outdoor parties for the time being.

Also:
HTID USA: Phoenix was easily my overall fav of the series so far. 
Well worth my failing to see that Phoenix's blocks are a full square mile each, and trying to take an 8-block walk on my first night in town...looking at my phone about halfway thru all "why dafuq am I such a slow-ass walker? I didn't drink *that* much before leaving the hotel..."

Report Reply

Reply by Hisui

posted

I’ve only been raving for about 5 years or so, but my fiancé who got me into the scene has been raving for almost 20 years!  I love most genres, but trance has always been my jam. Trance shows usually draw the best crowds as well imo. We go to at least one local show a month, and around two festivals a year. 

Report Reply

Reply by damnann

posted

Been raving for about 6 years! My favorite genres are dnb, techno and trance :) I go to most of the socal shows/fests if I have the time off of work! Met my boyfriend now through EDM- specifically the livestreams!💕✨ hope we can all be friendssss!

Report Reply

Reply by Juana Smoke

posted

Who got pickpocketed at a rave this year! ME! TWICE! Phone and wallet! Once at nocturnal wonderland and once at escape. Who going to dream state? 

Report Reply

Reply by Mern

posted
updated

I've been officially in the scene since 2019 :) my first event ever was edclv2019! my favorite set ever was definitely seeing skrillex that festival! I also went to movement in Detroit, lost lands (Ohio) as well! I've been to local shows and met Subtronics and he is an absolute sweetheart!

Report Reply

Reply by philia

posted

hello everyone, i may be going to my first rave this coming saturday in Berkeley CA, i'm really excited since i'm only 16 and it's my first big spontaneous decision, me and my friend live 2 hours away but we're gonna sneak out and drive there to meet some other friends and RAGE!! then we'll crash at their place and drive back home in the morning, wish us luck :))

Report Reply

Reply by Matt Sno duquette

posted

Best festival I’ve ever been too was camp bisco 2013 

Report Reply

Reply by Kwandrizzle

posted

OK cool 

Report Reply

Reply by eleanor ღ

posted

ive never been to a rave . i live in the uk and american raves seem more appealing to me tbh

Report Reply

Reply by Martin C.

posted

It's not a rave but what about music festivals?

Report Reply

Reply by Nostalgic_.Teresaaaa._

posted

I've never been to a rave before!! I wanna go so badly!!! what are some good hotspots?? lmk!! also some recommendations?? add me, and shoot an IM i'm curious.

Report Reply

Reply by Jo Cipher

posted
updated

I am OBSESSED with dark/synthwave (which I'm not sure counts), but I don't know many artists. Aviators on YT have a bunch of cool stuff but I haven't really branched out. Any recs?

As for raves themselves, I've only ever been to ones hosted by my local convention which they sadly stopped doing before I really got confident enough to hang around. I love to dance(despite being bad at it lol), and before COVID19 I had been hoping to get out more but there's not a lot of options around where I live (USA East Coast suburb D: ). I'm also not into the substance scene, basically because of my own health issues, and I'm nervous about getting talked or tricked into taking something. IDK how common that actually is tho. I'm also nervous because I'm very new to raves aside from said convention-curated ones and I don't want to look like a total newbie ^^; I would ask for info/tips for a (not exactly) first-timer but given the status of the world it's not like crowds will be the safest of spaces for a long time so I'm playing the waiting game I suppose.

Report Reply

Reply by Maddie

posted

RAAAAHAJJAAJAJKASKLASLSL;SS;A;

Report Reply

Reply by Sivan Alyra Rose🍒

posted

8 years of being a kandi kid! RAVE NEVER DIES! Buuut it will be put on hold while the world heals from a pandemic! I can't wait (yes I can) for the scene to pick back up. I hope festivals stop pandering to EDM crowds and raves become exclusive again. I hate that the rave scene got flooded with unfriendly jocks, snobs, and haters during the coachella hype. Bring that good shit back! Music, art, and good ol' people being alive. 

Report Reply

Reply by hauntpsychic

posted

I've always liked the idea of rave parties, but I've never found any rave parties in my area. Then again, I live in MN so idk how many raves there are in my area.

Report Reply

Reply by Chungle

posted
updated

Used to run a production company, if ya Google subsdancedmv you'll find us, did flower of life festival, tbh best times in my life. Unfortunately tossed it away for a midlife crysis, but now bringing it back, started doing events in VR, it's amazing, plus we back irl too, tbh the hiatus makes the hype even better

Some dude mentioned old school shit, bad boy bill is the shit, you'd love this lineup we did, Aphrodite, crissy crissy, Scott Henry, dj Dan, fort Knox 5 (after John passed) and dubtribe. 

Needless to say that show was one of my biggest losses hahahaha, but hey you gotta do a vanity show sometimes

Report Reply

Reply by Chungle

posted

Also if anyone reads these... Take my advise, don't go to the big shits, you want the real deal go to a greasy cornfield rave, bridge rave, desert, hell even dive bars with up and coming promoters all locals, it's about the social expirence at raves. It's a spot for us degens, weird kids, misfits, a place to finally be yourself. 

Just go easy on the k

Report Reply

Reply by naomi

posted

just started this year! Mostly i go to acid raves or techno

Report Reply

Reply by madmaxxx

posted
updated

Hello my lovelies!!!! I completely fell in love with house music when I was basically a toddler, I was raised on it and my older cousins always played a mix of King Britt, Carl Craig, Carl Cox, and DJ Harvey when they babysat me. I went to my first rave when I was around 10. It wasn't really anything special, it was in a basement of a wedding hall, but it was magic for me. Old school house music will always have a special place in my heart but I appreciate techno, trance, psychedelic and acid house. 2017 was best year of my life, I was still in high school, had a crappy job but I went to raves every single weekend and really got into the rave family here in Hawai'i. I got to see carl cox, galmatias, and hippie sabotage. Carl Cox is GOD! I got to see ofor new years right before covid shut down the planet and it was amazing.

Report Reply

Reply by 77razr

posted

Literally never been but I plan on it. I'm kinda selective with early 90s rave stuff like The Prodigy are amazing but the people who tried to be them were mostly shite, barre The Shamen. If I hear any toytown techno I'm getting tf out.

Report Reply

Reply by Mern

posted
updated

longtime fan of edm, raving for 5 years!!! fav genre is deff dubstep, Psytrance, and melodic dupstep/riddim. I just love the wubsssssssss. 

fav set has got to be when I saw alesso edclv 2022, amazing. I also v much love the community it brings, nobody gets it until you come to a show :)

im in Michigan so any rave fam hmuuuuuu

also feel free to add me here and other socials (all linked on my page)

Report Reply

Reply by YhatzeeBus

posted

I love the festival scene. been to a few and gonig all out for okee 2023. I've always loved to dance but never had the right music to it. I never feel constricted in my movements with EDM. every song every beat i can ride the wave to, at whatever pace i want. PArtying my ass off lol

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕹 𝖆 𝖐 𝖎 𝖎

posted
updated

I went to my first rave at 17 back in 2011 maybe 2012, hardstyle techno show cause i remember all the neon bands and clothing I had layered on. I loved the music but back then, where I was, I didn't like the idea of being near drugs so young and unfortunately the only club in the area had a lot of sketchy activity outside. (Mainly a mixed crowd of young high schoolers since it was 16+ and grown adults getting absolutely wrecked inside and outside in the parking lot.) That time was tumultuous for me mentally, so I basically removed myself from the scene till i moved to Atlanta (dont stay there anymore, its so expensive) and started going out more and more so getting back into raves. My views with drugs has thankfully changed lol. I don't mind them as long as you can be responsible with it and at least I know how to help someone in case of OD.

Ok so I love two shows that I've seen at the Tabernacle, my favorite was when Darude did a basement set and it absolutely completed my life, the second is when I got to see Projects to Mansions live such gutteral bass from that group in my LIFE.

I listen to all styles, started with riddim then house after that experimental and recently exploring more techno styles.

Currently I dont live in an area that doesnt offer any shows that I would be interested in and I cant drive 3+ hours every weekend to go see a show and 3+ hours to get back. I produce my own beats to satiate my thirst for the wubz and catch a underground show when they come into town once in a blue moon lol

Report Reply

Reply by raven

posted

hiii! I've never been to a rave or any sort of festival but I would love to start! is there any tips and things I should know? like what to expect, rave etiquette and that sort of stuff. I live in Australia and idk if there's much like it here but id love to know! :)

Report Reply

Reply by W1ZARD

posted

Been raving since I was in 5th grade when my dad took my out of school and we went to coachella, House is my favorite genre but when I first started I was into dubstep. Fred Again B2B Skrillex B2B Four Tet definitely had the best set I've ever seen. And my favorite artist is Chris Stussy he is a god.

Report Reply

Reply by Phoenix

posted

ive wanted to go to a rave for Ever but i live in a rly small town with no scene within a 3 hour drive radius and cant drive :( ill basically listen to anything but i totally love psytrance!

Report Reply

Reply by Rusty

posted

Think I've been raving about 6 years only properly started going to events when I turned 18 got really into hardcore through youtube when I was around about 11 though. Really into gabber, speedcore, extratone, etc. I used to do promo for the underground raves near me before they got shut down.

My favourite Genres are Gabber, Early Terror, Speedcore, Breakcore, Extratone, J-core, Nerdcore Techno and Cheapcore

The best set of my life was probably DJ Kamikaze bc he just played fast n heavy oldschool gabba very high energy all night!

Report Reply

Reply by M

posted

The best time I've ever had at a rave was at an anime convention. It was wild. I had a great time. My legs did not. I could barely walk the next day. I've attended every year since and the rave is always the highlight.

Picture of said rave

Report Reply

Reply by str4wb1m1lk

posted

my fave genres r dubstep, eurodance, happy hardcore & synth pop but tbh i like all edm!!!

the perth rave scene isnt as good as it used to be apparently but searching old facebook groups and new tiktok stuff ive been able to find some rlly cool underground raves!!! 

last time i went to this psytrance rave called cosmic ritual and it was mostly old wooks dancing but damnnnn the music was good and the vibe was so plurful!!!! i got an adorable necklace from this guy for free it was so awesome! 

Report Reply