« Back to the 80's lovers Forum

80's Cartoons

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a favorite 80s cartoons you loved back in the day and still always remember it or in tribute of it?

I may not be born in the 80s, but I was born in 1990 that still love the 80s pop culture.

I mostly love 80s cartoons with action like fighting villains and such.

Anime counts too.

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

I  was born in 1981 and so I will still watch 80s cartoons through YouTube, streaming subscriptions as well as some non-corporate streaming sites. Several of those old cartoons I will watch with my kids; He-Man and She-Ra, Thundercats, Silverhawks, MASK, The Real Ghostbusters, Garfield and Friends, Transformers, Voltron '84...the list goes on and on. Even the 90s had some really enjoyable cartoons.

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted

Gummy bears, jem, Alf, Alvin Simon Theodore, 

Report Reply

Reply by DarkMiryam

posted

Oh, that's a really good topic! Such a pity I'm answering only now!

Well, mine would be a long list but I'll try to be short. 

I was born in 1981 too but I watched many 80's cartoons even later (and even now!).
As long as I'm not sure how the english titles are, let me know if there's something you never heard about. Probably you call it with another name xD Here are some:

- Transformers 
- Urusei Yatsura (here in Italy it was called Lamù, from the name of the main character. I always loved Rumiko Takahashi works!)
- Lady Oscar (or The rose of Versailles)
- Cat's eye
- Creamy mami, the magic angel

About anime, one above all: My neighbor Totoro! *_*

Report Reply

Reply by Rob

posted

I loved watching the World of David the Gnome and Adventures of the Little Koala on Nick Jr. Must've been '88 cause I was in kindergarten.

Report Reply

Reply by bitpost

posted

YESSSSSSSSSSSS good topic. I'm with Angel above, Gummi Bears were awesome. To this day in Minecraft I build houses under waterfalls like Gusto lolol

yes GI Joe and transformers, but also She-Ra. What was that weird Ghostbusters cartoon with those two dudes and the gorilla? It was called Ghostbusters, but - like, it wasn't the ghostbusters.

Report Reply

Reply by SinicallyTwisted

posted

JEM! My collection so far! LOL

Report Reply

Reply by Ryan

posted

I'm in the same boat. I was born in 81' as well and my son is 4. He's getting a HE-MAN, Transformers, Thundercats education as we speak!

Report Reply

Reply by Mitch

posted

Oh yeah! Tons of great cartoons in the 80s. I still occasionally break out my old DVDs of series I have. Here are some that I liked:

The Real Ghostbusters
Silverhawks
Snorkels
Gummi Bears
Smurfs
Dennis the Menace
Heathcliff
He-Man
Voltron
Defenders of the Earth
G.I. Joe
Muppet Babies
The Littles
Teddy Ruxpin
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
David the Gnome
Rainbow Brite
Carebears
Foofur
Pound Puppies

and a bunch more that I can't remember off the top of my head. 

Report Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

The original He-Man and She-Ra shows as well as the original Voltron are now on Amazon Prime Video. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jeanette A. Tyson

posted

Jem,the smurfs, inspector gadget

Report Reply

Reply by Aly

posted

i was born in 1994 but when i was really young i liked beetlejuice, thundercats and the 80s made for TV scooby doo movies. 

i’m kind of embarrassed to say so but my first time learning about jem was that one brief joke in family guy i’m glad i did though, as soon as i read the page for it on wikipedia i thought “how did i *not* know about this?! it has everything i love - 80s music, fashion, shoujo drama, copious amounts of the color pink...” i managed to watch some episodes when it was on the Hub but once they took it off i couldn’t find it anywhere. definitely thinking about getting the dvd box set. 

i liked the she ra reboot but i’ve never watched the original i really want to sometime bc i love magical girl stories. 

aside from dragon ball and nadia i don’t think i’ve watched much anime from the decade but i definitely want to, the art/aesthetic back then was so beautiful and i honestly prefer it over most modern styles.

Report Reply

Reply by king_hsssy

posted

2000s baby here! I got into 80s cartoons through re-runs on Qubo's Retro Hour. 

Personally I like ThunderCats, Silverhawks, MOTU, Transformers and Bravestarr. I have collected quite a few pieces of memorabilia for each one, more so with Bravestarr than any of the others.

Report Reply