« Back to the Garfield Lovers Forum

Garfield Discussion

This is a general discussions thread for any and everything Garfield. (Slightly off-topic is fine, but try to keep the limelight on our orange tabby overlord!)

Report Topic

18 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by melantiee

posted

garfield my beloved

Report Reply

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

Today I heard that there is going to be another Garfield movie, and that Chris Pratt is going to be playing Garfield. I thought it was some sort of meme at first about Chris Pratt playing Mario in a new Mario movie, but it's real I guess. Terrible news. I don't like the live action Garfield movies but I think at least Bill Murray was a good fit for the role of Garfield. I can't imagine Chris Pratt Garfield being very good but maybe the movie will otherwise be good. I'm most likely not going to watch it. I'm not excited about it but I don't think this can break my unwavering love of Garfield.

Report Reply

Reply by Fizz

posted

Garfield is genuinely so important to me and the way you see Garfield really tells a lot about how I see you as a person 

Report Reply

Reply by Garfunkle!!

posted

Garfield is all I need in life

Report Reply

Reply by DreamkasTV

posted

i ar lov e garlfled =)

Report Reply

Reply by ✩ ARDOR SPARKS ✩

posted

hi guyz i luv garf xxxx

Report Reply

Reply by savannahkittyxx

posted

anyone know where to watch the old garfield cartoon series online?? :3

Report Reply

Garfield and Friends is free on Tubi!

Report Reply

Reply by Star

posted

I want to eat garfield in a normal way

Report Reply

Reply by deadr0tting

posted

Garfeild thats an intresting topic one of my favorites a life saver for once 30 years ago My bevoled son died, my wife left me from the stress of it all, my dog left me, and even  my mother kicked me out of her basement, I was lost and hopeless through out everything but then I saw some light, I was walking down the street depressed from all the commsion that just happened to me thinking abou ending it all, I saw a newspaper on the ground there it was the orange cat, ever since then my life has gotten better, I could afford a nice house, my wife and dog came back, my mother respected me, and even my son came back from the dead, ofc ive worshipped that feline ever since all thxs to garfeild.

Report Reply

Reply by Sxb1

posted

My Enduring Obsession with Garfield: The Cartoon Cat that Stole my Heart

• Introduction:
    In the vast and ever-expanding realm of animated characters, there exists a feline figure who has captivated my imagination like no other: Garfield. Created by Jim Davis, Garfield is a mischievous, lasagna-loving, and delightfully lazy cat that has become an inseparable part of my life. Since my childhood, my obsession with Garfield has grown, leading me down a whimsical path filled with laughter, life lessons, and an enduring connection to this lovable cartoon cat.

The Early Encounter:
    My initial encounter with Garfield was through the daily comic strips that adorned the pages of newspapers. I was immediately drawn to his relatable personality and his penchant for mischief. Garfield's clever wit, sarcastic remarks, and aversion to Mondays struck a chord within me. His amusing adventures and relentless pursuit of the perfect nap became a highlight of my day. Little did I know that this charismatic cat would soon become an enduring presence in my life.

The Animated World:
    As I delved deeper into the Garfield universe, I discovered the animated adaptations that brought this charming cat to life. The television series, "Garfield and Friends," showcased Garfield's escapades with his owner, Jon Arbuckle, and his lovable canine companion, Odie. The show not only brought laughter into my life but also instilled valuable life lessons. Garfield's endless pursuit of lasagna reminded me to find joy in the simplest of pleasures, while his friendship with Odie taught me the importance of compassion and loyalty.

The Universal Appeal:
    What sets Garfield apart from other cartoon characters is his universal appeal. From kids to adults, people of all ages can relate to Garfield's quirks and idiosyncrasies. Whether it is his disdain for exercise or his love for lounging around, Garfield's traits transcend boundaries and cultures. This widespread resonance is a testament to the enduring legacy of the character and the profound impact he has had on popular culture.

Garfield's Influence:
    Beyond the realm of entertainment, Garfield has influenced me in numerous ways. His laid-back attitude towards life has taught me to appreciate the beauty of relaxation and the importance of self-care. His unwavering commitment to his passions, like his love for lasagna and his disdain for dieting, has encouraged me to embrace my own passions without fear of judgment. Garfield's ability to find humor in everyday situations has inspired me to approach life with a lighthearted perspective.

Community and Collectibles:
    My obsession with Garfield extends beyond mere admiration. It has led me to connect with a vibrant community of fellow Garfield enthusiasts who share the same love for the cat. The camaraderie and shared experiences within this community have enriched my appreciation for Garfield and provided a platform to discuss and celebrate our favorite feline friend. Additionally, my passion for Garfield has led to a growing collection of Garfield memorabilia, from plush toys to comic strip compilations, each item a cherished reminder of the joy Garfield has brought into my life.

Conclusion:
    In a world filled with fictional characters, Garfield has established a special place in my heart. From his early appearances in comic strips to his animated adventures, Garfield has consistently entertained, inspired, and brought laughter into my life. His relatable traits, universal appeal, and timeless humor have made him an enduring icon of the cartoon world. Through my obsession with Garfield, I have discovered valuable life lessons, connected with like-minded individuals, and embraced the importance of finding joy in the simplest of pleasures. Garfield will forever hold a cherished place in my heart as the cartoon cat that stole my heart and brightened my world with his charm.

Report Reply

Reply by manda

posted

garfield's a cool cat

Report Reply

Reply by Chicken4War

posted

i love garfield

Report Reply

Reply by Melgor

posted

he is orange and he is big i love him 

Report Reply

Reply by Melgor

posted

i wish garfield was real and he'd come out and beat up my dad

Report Reply

Reply by rayley !!

posted

I love Garfield he is so awesome 

Report Reply

Reply by ET.

posted

I love garfield in a normal way but hear me out

...hello kitty's better

and NO i didn't post this to start a arguement (i did)

garfield's still good tho don't get me wrong

but like

Hello kitty came first and is the OG cat so

doesnt matter if you kick me or smth

this is the thruth. ACCEPT IT EVERY1

Report Reply

Reply by avegee24

posted

garfunkle

Report Reply