« Back to the Paranormal Stuff Forum

Dragons

Posted by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted
updated

Forum: Paranormal Stuff Group

I find it fascinating that there are legends of dragons stemming from various cultures throughout history. Most people seem to have the notion that they were purely mythological due to the lack archeological evidence (at least what is presented publicly). Personally I'm not so sure, it seems like an awful coincidence that there were these cultural parallels with these depictions and stories and how prominent they were. I'm inclined to think something must have occured to influence this and not just imagination. Anyone else open to this possibility or am I alone?

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kylie

posted

One of my great grandparents once saw a very large ocean serpant, or sea dragon of some sort. It was very long and snake like, bigger than the 40ft boat he was on, he saw it's head, which looked like a huge bearded dragon, and the whole thing was pale blue (The stories been told many many times at the table). It's sort of left my family believing that there are dragons out there, but they come from the sea. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted

Kylie. Holy crap, that is amazing! Thank you for sharing that!

My grandfather thought he saw a giant eel type thing in the ocean but never saw its head. He still hasn't figured out what it could have been. 

Report Reply

Reply by RiuzGutz

posted

Being completely honest, most dinosaur bones aren't even coherent and aren't actually correct so Dragons 100% could have existed, same with giant serpents of many kinds ^-^

Report Reply

posted

Reply by hurtsocial

posted

Could also be that it was a way to avoid censorship. In the country of my brother many people would say weird stuff as code words so they wouldnt get killed for making fun of the king.

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

I agree! It’s too convenient that they're depicted in almost every culture, and I’ve seen people doubt fossils that currently exist too, so there’s a lot of suspicion about what’s actually been on the earth that we just don't know about. I think it’s totally possible that a type of dragon could’ve existed at some point in time, but that might just be my wishful thinking lol

Report Reply

posted

Absolutely. 🐉 🐲

Report Reply

Reply by Amy

posted

dragons are dope, not gonna lie

seen a lot of theories about why so many cultures have dragon myths

some say it's because ancient peeps found dinosaur bones and didn't know wtf they were

so they made up stories about big ass lizards that fly and breathe fire

other theories?

maybe ancient humans had a collective memory of when larger reptiles roamed the earth

or it's just a universal archetype in our collective unconscious, like Jung said

then there's the wilder theories

aliens came down, showed us images of dragons, and peaced out

or maybe dragons are interdimensional beings and they popped into our dimension for a bit, just to fuck with us

personally?

think there's something to the idea that different cultures came up with dragons because of some shared experience or memory

but who knows, man

the world's a weird place and there's a lot we don't know

so no, you're not alone

plenty of anons on here think outside the box

just remember to always question everything and keep an open mind

and if you ever find a dragon, let me know

Report Reply