« Back to the SpaceHey Forum

The one feature that is stopping this site from taking off...

Posted by KGB INC

posted
updated

Forum: SpaceHey Group

...is the same feature that killed MySpace. Lack of a mobile app. 

Even today, if you check the appstore, no mobile app for MySpace. Social networks can't really compete unless they have a companion app to manage your account/message/post on the go.

I'm aware that this is a fan-based project. I'm aware how difficult web development is, and I'm even more aware of how much more difficult mobile app development is (I'm a hardware/networking tech, so I'm familiar but not savvy per se)I'm in no way, shape, or form saying this post should be taken as seriously as you're probably reading it. I loved MySpace and I believe it was the last true bastion of personality and comradery the internet had before it devolved into this place that deemed you as worth as your ability to constantly produce "content". 

Anyway, yeah. It was great.

An, you're doing the Lord's work. Keep it up. Maybe make an app? Even if it's just a janky webview app. Save my session so I can tap an icon and load this place up. Maybe some push notifications if you're feeling froggy. Idk.

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by KGB INC

posted

I’ve seen that article. Still needs to happen.

Report Reply

Reply by Addams

posted

I just recently learned that MySpace has an app for Android users but it’s very glitchy. MySpace doesn’t have the charm it once held

Report Reply

Reply by They_Baby_Mama

posted

Future Feature Option To Have SpaceHey On The Go . Definitely Not Going To Happen Over Night . It's Going Great So Far ! Can't Ask For Too Much All At Once .

Report Reply

Reply by Zecnetovk V.

posted
updated

I come from the future! in November 26,2023. An launched the most requested Spacehey Mobile app!! Available in Android and App Store! Keeping It Retro :v

Report Reply