for trans books I recommend:

- cemetery boys
- Felix ever after
- stay gold
- a safe girl to love

Report Reply

Reply by Sophia!

posted

I didn't check to see if this was recommended yet but Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe! It follows two Mexican-American teens as they kinda grow out of their childhood innocence, their friendship and family problems. Its really good! Its more character driven then plot driven. 

Report Reply

Reply by ✮ Blue ✮

posted

idk if anyone else has mentioned it, but They Both Die At The End is literally my favorite book ever and i recommend it to any and everyone. as the title says, they both die. it takes place in a world where you get a phone call within 24 hours of your death. two boys who don’t know each other both get calls on the same night, and then meet each other on an app for the dying called Last Friend. they spend their last day together, trying new things and getting over their fears of the world. they fall in love, and by the end you find yourself hoping that maybe, just maybe, they beat the system and survive. but of course they don’t. it’s so sad. gut wrenching. i cried for hours. but it also taught me a lot about life. super super good book 10/10 recommend 

Report Reply

Reply by jo

posted

the seven husbands of evelyn hugo! Lesbian, gay and bisexual rep. 

Report Reply

Reply by livi

posted

the song of achillies

Report Reply

Reply by Amelia

posted

heartstopper books or any by alice oseman

Report Reply

Reply by Sweatsy

posted

Most DC comics.

Report Reply

Reply by # CLYDE / CHESTER !!

posted

SIMON VS IS SOO GOOD !!! uhuhuhu nnn the house on the cerulean sea !!! also the prom, which was a musical but now it's a book too ) speaking of, the dear evan hansen novel is kinda gay) one of us is lying, heartstopper, and that's all from the top of my head !!! 

Report Reply

The art of being normal by Lisa Williamson was a really good one. The book was focused on trans characters more than gay/lesbian characters, tho. 

What if it's us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera was also a good one that focused on a relationship between two gay dudes, both books had me bawling by the end lmao. 

Report Reply

Reply by mitzi

posted

This is How You Lose the Time War by Max Gladstone and Amal El-Mohtar. Two rival agents on opposite sides of a war through time exchange letters. 

Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo. In 1954, Lily Hu is a 17 year old living in San Francisco's Chinatown when she discovers a lesbian bar.

Report Reply

Reply by Sarai

posted

Heartstopper, nick and charlie which is based off of heartstopper, just the Alice Oseman book, and red, white, and royal blue.

Report Reply

Reply by Fenris

posted

Alice Oseman has great lgbtq+ representation in her books! And if you’re into comics, you should definitely check out their webtoon “Heartstopper”!! ;,D

Report Reply

Reply by ♡🎀liz🎀♡

posted

heartstopper

Report Reply

Reply by ⁺₊⋆ryder☾ ⋆⁺₊

posted

Hi hi I recommend YA books "it's not like it's a secret" by Misa Suguira as well as "Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe" by Alire Saenz. For non-YA "Giovanni's Room" by James Baldwin, "her bodies and other parties" by Carmen Maria Machado ( i recommend checking for tw's for these two)

Report Reply

Reply by Fae

posted

Started reading Valencia by Michelle Tea? It's about her life in the lesbian dating and night life scene in the 90s I believe, it mostly takes place in San Francisco. I'm not too far into it yet but I'm enjoying it. :)

Report Reply

Reply by Fei

posted

The book I'm reading has two male main characters that later date !
These Violent Delights is a really good book that I recommend to everyone

Report Reply

Reply by KayaTheGothLesbian

posted

A vampire book called The Lost Girls by Sonia Hartt. It's a really good book, probably one of the best ones I've read actually. The main character is a female bisexual vampire who works at taco bell that's trapped in a 16 year old body lol, and she's persuing a woman. The back of it says "Getting over your vampire ex is as easy as killing him and stealing his girlfriend." so that should say enough lol. Currently my favorite book.

Report Reply

Reply by Maya Melancholy

posted

happy sugar life 

Report Reply

Reply by Vic

posted

Solitaire- Alice Oseman (female POV, Bi rep, Gay rep, Ace rep)

Ghost wood song- Erica waters (female POV, Bi rep)
Symptoms of being human- Jeff garvin (gender-fluid, drag rep)
love Simon-becky albertlli (male POV, Gay rep)

Report Reply

Reply by Vic

posted

Solitaire- Alice Oseman (female POV, Bi rep, Gay rep, Ace rep)

Ghost wood song- Erica waters (female POV, Bi rep)
Symptoms of being human- Jeff garvin (gender-fluid, drag rep)
love Simon-becky albertlli (male POV, Gay rep)

Report Reply

Reply by ゚。⋆ aint_it_dandy ☁︎。⋆。

posted

Ooo! I love The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. It's so freaking good. the main romance is hetero (though both characters give *big* queer vibes) but there IS some really great queer rep in it too! I won't spoil anything because, really, it's just so freaking good. High key recommend. It's not actually a romance series, despite how the summary makes it out to be. If you like found family and lowkey urban fantasy shenanigans, I really really *really* recommend.

OH also Are You Listening? by Tillie Walden. It's so so so good. it's a graphic novel and also has a lot of fantasy elements. Trigger warning though, it does have pretty graphic mentions of SA one of the main characters experienced, so if that's not something you can handle reading, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Red, White and Royal Blue AND One Last Stop (both by Casey McQuiston) are both queer romances and *incredible* though they areeee veryyyy... steamy lmao. 

Sadie by Courtney Summers is a murder mystery, and though it doesn't feature prominently in the book, Sadie is queer and has a very short-lived romance with another female character (if you love a good murder mystery that isn't *technically* a mystery in the case of the murder, i realllly recommend. another warning for SA of minors, but the descriptions aren't nearly as graphic as Are You Listening. It *is* a very big part of the story, though, so again, if that's not something you can read at this time-- or ever-- that's totally alright). 

Girl from the Sea by Molly Ostertag is an adorable coming of age story about a girl falling in love with the selkie who saved her life! It's a really cute graphic novel, and i just love the author in general (and her husband is ND Stevenson!!)

Princess and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang isn't for *sure* a queer romance, as it's unspecified whether or not Prince Sebastian/Lady Crystalia is in fact genderfluid or not, but it is still really cute either way!

You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson is ALSO a wonderful romance I highkey recommend! Leah Johnson also wrote another book called Rise to the Sun that's also sapphic, though i haven't read it yet (even though it's been sitting on my shelf for months... whoops?).

That's all the ones i can really think of off the top of my head, oof. but if you decide to check any of them out I hope you enjoy!

Report Reply

Reply by ariiiri

posted

IT'S MY TIME TO SHINEEEEEE

Okay, here are some good ones I've read on the past year, and most of the leads in these are LGBT+
1. They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
2. Aristotle and Dante series by Benjamin Alaire Saénz 
3. Loveless and Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
4. will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan
5. The Song Of Achilles by Madeline Miller
6. Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

Report Reply

Reply by i_killed_cupid

posted

there's a book i checked out from a local library it's called "I Wish You All The Best" by Mason Deaver, it's about an enby character named Ben, they get kicked out by their parents and go to live with their estranged sister hannah and her husband

(this is a horrible explaination)

Report Reply

Reply by EXEROPSIII

posted
updated

Symptoms of Being Human is a book about a genderfluid kid named Riley who runs a blog under an alias. Not a female and it does feature sensitive topics but it's a fantastic read nonetheless! That's not what happened also features an asexual main character named Lee who is female.

Report Reply

Reply by CountFagula

posted

Loveless by Alice Osman

Report Reply

Reply by Ghastly

posted

The Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas it´s about a Trans Boy with the ability to talk to the dead who comes from a long line of Brujos. in order to prove himself he tries to solve the mystery of who killed this ghost boy.

There is also some romance between the two

Report Reply

Reply by MushroomBuddy

posted

The most recent part of the wings of fire series has a lesbian main character, Sundew! 

Report Reply

Reply by xXElias_EthernetXx

posted

I've got a series and a spin off series for you. The Seraphina books, and Tess of the Road by Rachael Hartman. Both books have a lot of good LGBT characters, and the world of the books feels very alive and diverse. They're fantasy, but you can tell the author has a deep interest in medieval history.

Seraphina is basically a murder mystery, with dragons.

Tess of the road is a spin off, they're both set in the same world and share characters but you can def understand the story without reading Seraphina. I read it first, and it instantly became one of my absolute favorites. It had a huge impact on me. They're both deeply empathetic, wonderful stories. ^__^

Report Reply

Reply by Miracle💛💚💙💜

posted

But... I'm a Church Girl by Ash Harper

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

any magazine with justin bieber in it

Report Reply

Reply by Vermin

posted

I fell in love with hope

Report Reply

Reply by PrincessChip

posted

The Book Of Living Secrets by Madeleine Roux.

very lesbian and very fantasy >:D

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted

the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde, while not necessarily an lgbtq+ novel, has many lgbtq+ undertones and was written by a gay author. not everyones cup of tea, as it is classic literature and some may not enjoy that, but a great book nonetheless.

Report Reply

Reply by Crow

posted

They Both Die at the End 

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe 

The Six of Crows Duology 

Loveless

Report Reply

Reply by Edi✨

posted

Cinderella is dead

Report Reply

Reply by xXc<3mslutXx

posted

Not a book but a comic series i read as a kid called Lumberjanes, that has pretty good representation

Report Reply

Reply by emi<3

posted

her name in the sky, she drives me crazy, late to the party, the magic fish, the falling in love montage

Report Reply

Reply by emi<3

posted

her name in the sky, she drives me crazy, late to the party, the magic fish, the falling in love montage

Report Reply

Reply by L1NDY

posted
updated

On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong !

It 's about the author's life and is written to his mother who can't read in English: it's really beautiful!

However, it doesn't focus solely on him being gay, though a big part of the book is about the first boy he loved. 

Great read, I do strongly recommend. xxx

Report Reply

Reply by Sars

posted

All Our Hidden Gifts!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Salem

posted

Gracefully Grayson is a book about a trans girl in high school. I read it first in 7th or 8th grade but it's still a good read in high school. 

Report Reply

Reply by R00by!

posted

I'm making a story about a trans girl going through school in the 00's. It has some supernatural elements to it as well, but has more of a slice of life focus.

This is part 1, the second part is still in the works

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BC4QN252?ref_=r_sa_glf_b_0_hdrw_ss_CAu4AAA&dplnkId=46c5780f-f1ac-43d6-9186-06db6466f0ec

Chapter 11 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fnFJgVeufmbjxwl6IWXiHYTQ-vSX1glp/view?usp=drivesdk

Chapter 12 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQ0iOScSPB2xfs_zwibBncVtw9fzk1cE/view?usp=drivesdk

Chapter 13   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZ5EuPmVsSUEHz8853-Q0BdjIR2iiXT1/view?usp=drivesdk

Report Reply

Reply by clay / diane

posted

the picture of dorian gray

it's good !! it's gothic literature, written by a gay man (oscar wilde) about a character who stays young while the portrait of him withers away. In the uncensored version, Basil confesses his feelings to another character called Dorian. Basil also goes on a 3 page rant about idolizing Dorian.

Report Reply

Reply by Ash_faq

posted

I kissed shara wheeler, the seven husbands of Evelyn hugo, 

Report Reply

Reply by lmmxmln

posted

Wolfsong, Ravensong, Heartsong and Brothersong. Also all TJ Klune books

Report Reply

Reply by Jada

posted

I'm always on the lookout for stories that celebrate the love between two women. So, without further ado, here are some recs:

1. "The Price of Salt" by Patricia Highsmith - This classic novel follows the love affair between two women in 1950s New York. It's a beautiful and heart-wrenching story that really captures the struggles of being a lesbian during that time.

2. "Annie on My Mind" by Nancy Garden - This is a YA novel about two teenage girls who fall in love and must navigate the challenges of being out in a homophobic society. It's a sweet and romantic story that is sure to make your heart flutter.

3. "Fingersmith" by Sarah Waters - This novel is a Victorian-era thriller that features a lesbian romance at its core. It's a gripping and intense read that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

4. "Orlando" by Virginia Woolf - This is a classic novel that explores gender and sexuality in a unique and imaginative way. It features a gender-fluid protagonist who experiences love and attraction to both men and women.

5. "Rubyfruit Jungle" by Rita Mae Brown - This novel is a coming-of-age story about a young lesbian growing up in the American South. It's a funny and poignant read that is both heartwarming and empowering.

Im not sure how these books will like hold up with what you like. But I hope you enjoy.

Report Reply

Reply by Ema <3

posted

One Last Stop-Casey McQuinston (same author as Red, White and Royal Blue)

A y/a WLW romance where a uni student (August) tries to help a punk girl stuck on the subway and in time (Jane). When I read it it did seem to drag on for a bit long at first but other than that it had an interesting storyline and I liked it, a 7/10 read <3

(yes I practically cried near the end but the plot twist saved it for me haha)

Report Reply

Reply by zack

posted

they both die at the end, well known book and has two gay lgbtq males as the main characters 

Report Reply

Reply by Rezi/Robo/Ray

posted

Homestuck

Report Reply