« Back to the Chaos Magic Forum

Introductions

Please introduce yourself on this thread and tell us a bit about how you got started and what sorts of chaos magic you do and what your results have been like.

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☆゚.*CosmicOcean*.゚☆

posted

Got into the basic white girl wicca and astrology shit when I was like 12. Been studying more into the occult ever since. I'm 28 now, and still much more of a student than an actual practitioner. I like to read about a bunch of different topics. Two in particular being hermeticism and the Shinto religion of Japan. Really hoping this becomes more active someday.

Report Reply

Reply by Fabian Dee

posted

Hey Marissa, I guess a lot of ppl start off with the fluffy stuff. I was a Christian for a long time and get interested in ceremonial magic and chaos magic about 9 years ago. I have mainly been doing sigil magic although have been making a few servitors as well. It's easy to just read lots of occult books and carry on reading after the exercises are described rather than practising them, I think many occultists do that. Good luck and if you don't make it happen and pursue your inclinations and interests likely it won't by itself or at least not at a reasonable rate.

Report Reply

Reply by LuXLove

posted

Like Marissa I started with the typical Wiccan shit and I liked it but it didn’t really feel like me. I didn’t enjoy the rules, but I did enjoy the magic. Once I found chaos magick I never looked back. 

I still recommend Wicca for people starting by out as their a lot to learn about the history and shit. It just wasn’t fun for me

Report Reply

Reply by Ashkiriel

posted

Hello. I'm Ashkiriel. IDK if I can consider myself as a chaos wizard, but I consider that I take some techniques from chaos magick in my practice. I started searching about chaos magick when I try for the first time sigil magick (in spite of  I'd heard about it before) and it works, and I decide to take this technique in "white" magick. Then, in a time, I started creating some spells and started "speaking in languages" in my spells. Nowadays, I am still evlving in this path, and thanks to chaos magick and its creative potential, I am considering to make my own magickal system and tradition.

Report Reply

Reply by Maelhavok

posted

I'm Maelhavok. Been practicing Chaos Magicka since some time in the early 90's. Which probably makes me ancient and dusty around here. I still occasionally practice but mostly just like to see what the new kids are up to. 

Report Reply

Reply by ✰★tordenn★✰

posted

hi! i've been a practicing witch for about 6 years (although i admit that i don't know how much actual dedicated withcraft my 13 year old self was really doing lol), and just recently discovered chaos witchcraft around the beginning of the pandemic! i really vibe with it as a practice, previously i'd basically been doing the same thing i do now, creating my own rituals, largely working with manifestation and the manipulation of my own reality, etc, but when i was aligning myself with wiccans and other pantheon-serving witches i felt really singled out as i don't really ascribe to any deities, and i prefer not to follow spellbooks (i'm the same with cooking :P something about me and recipes don't vibe), which wasn't something i felt like my peers were experiencing! discovering chaos witchcraft and beginning to focus my practice more intentionally with its techniques was something that was not only super relieving, to be able to know that i wasn't "practicing wrong/lazily", but also helped me advance my practice by opening up new resources to learn about a style of magic that clicks with me :) through chaos magic i feel a lot more comfortable now that i have more terms that describe my belief system and the way i choose to channel my energy!

Report Reply

Reply by Fabian Dee

posted

Welcome everyone!

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

I'm 21-year-old who's been practicing for about 6 years now, I came into witchcraft through fictionkin and soulbonding which probably set the stage for me to fall into chaos magick. I do what I like to call "homebrew spirituality" because I just do what works for me and that results in a very eclectic mess of practice that doesn't make sense to most people, but still fits in with chaos magick.

Report Reply

Reply by Rose Anthoney

posted

Hullo there! I am the Breton Lady Trandafir of Cork Americana, a Pope of Eris. I've been working with chaos for my whole life, but I only directly started engaging back around 2017. Raised Catholic on an island where we all kinda shared our practices. The isle had some Wiccan, some Tlingit and Haida culture, a bit of Celtic and Norse paganism, Greco-Roman obsession and a dash of the Chaos. There's much love for tricksters as well in there.
I'm new to Spacehey, so thank you for having a place to gather with fellow Fnords.

Report Reply