« Back to the Neocities Forum

favorite thing about neocities?

What are your favorite things about Neocities?

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Catalystl

posted

I like how they don't put ads on your site or sell your personal data, and how it's relatively easy to get views on the platform. Browsing other peoples' sites is fun too, there's a lot of creative and interesting people on Neocities.

Report Reply

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

yeah i totally agree. when i first checked out the site i was surprised that there weren't any ads, and it was free. Also I'm pretty sure there aren't cookies either

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ stevie

posted

The community. As someone else mentioned,  there are so many cool and creative people on there that can introduce you to so much cool stuff. I actually discovered spacehey on a neocities page haha.

Report Reply

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

I discovered spacehey from a neocities discord server :o

Report Reply

Reply by Rebecca Jeane

posted

I love that it's simple to use and it made me learn html and css. I love looking at everyone else's cool websites. It feels like the real internet again with real people and real creativity.

Report Reply

Reply by [TDK] Digital Cheese

posted

It's free hosting without ads or selling every single bit of info about you to people. It's very nice. And for $5 more, you can get even better stuff.

Report Reply

Reply by isaac neptune

posted

I like that it encourages people to put effort into their content. It's got less of the weird one-sided dynamics that come with traditional social media - feels more like an actual community.

Report Reply

Reply by David V. Kimball

posted

I love a lot about it, especially how you can easily discover other users on the platform and their sites. It's also got a very generous free options.

Report Reply