« General Forum

The Laws of SpaceHey

These are the laws and we abide by these laws

1. No fucking politics
2. I said no fucking politics
3. There is a person behind that screen, do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
4. Do NOT be a creep but also respect someone who is just trying to be friendly, not everyone is here to get in your pants.

5. Be friendly and encourage good behavior. Facebook has turned us all against each other instead of being what we used to be. Let's make SpaceHey a friendly environment
6. HTML that shit up
7. Be yourself.

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by TheMagicBlackCat

posted

Good laws. :)

Report Reply

Reply by Mindaugas

posted

Amen, to bringing the good old days of simple internet back

Report Reply

Reply by Catisaurus-Rex

posted

huge agree to 1&2 politics ruined the internet. at the risk of breaking those rules to make a political joke, lets make the internet great again

Report Reply

Reply by Eamon the Renegade

posted

Sounds good to me. Treat others the way you want to be treated. It's that simple.

Report Reply

Reply by noodlynoodle

posted

I second the "No politics". Politics after 2016 ruined the internet

Report Reply

Reply by noodlynoodle

posted

I second the "No politics". Politics after 2016 ruined the internet

Report Reply

Reply by Rina

posted

Lol coop

This should be pinned to the top of the forum. 

Report Reply

Reply by Mackenzie

posted

PAC MAN69

Read #4

Report Reply

Reply by Misanthropeontheleft

posted

I most definitely agree with #3, but couldn't agreeing with that statement potentially contradict #1 and #2?

Report Reply

Reply by Sydney

posted

Reply by Rivers

posted

"Do NOT be a creep"

Due to personal experience being verbally bullied as a creep, I have mixed feelings about this. As long as this term is used fairly and not abused, I'm ok with this.

Report Reply

Reply by Badstard

posted

not really sure that politics killed anything on the internet. Rather, triggered morons with nothing better to do than to bully and harass others and gang up on them with e-stalkers ruined the internet. Primarily on twitter. 

I think another thing that ruined the internet was the proliferation of intelligent stalker chat bots, that seem to have information on you since you know, all these big companies who make the bots record every single thing you do online. As a matter of fact, the old AIM/AOL/YAHOO chat rooms are no more because of those goddamned bots. They've only gotten more sophisticated since then.

Aside from that, you have spacehey.com and other breakaway sites. This one is a throwback to myspace which i think most people agree was pretty much the only really good social media site back in the day. 

It's strange too. MySpace.com was a blast despite the millions of people on it. THey did have problems with bots but I think they had some kind of automatic spam filter or something. I guess primarily it's because myspace tom wasn't interested in spying on us and ratting our data out to governments and other big companies.

Anyhow, this site isn't really chocked full of horrible people. Most people on here seem chill and decent. I do know of some bots here, but they aren't spamming everywhere.

Report Reply

Reply by Xx ItzMikey xX

posted

Voicing opinions on politics whether they be left or ring wing thoughts causes tension and takes away from being a human. For example the massive amount of aggression you just posted. It's almost like you're looking for a fight and want to cause drama which is why I state again. NO POLITICS

Report Reply