« Back to the Anime Fans Forum

manga recommendations thread

Posted by oyster

posted
updated

Forum: Anime Fans Group

here's a thread where we all recommend manga because we are very
bored and socially inept people who rely in an obscure revival of a dead
early 2000's social netword to feel like we belong.

i'll start:

Dungeon Meshi

tier art, best fantasy manga i know. They basically don't have food and
have to cook the monsters they kill along their adventure throught the
dungeon. I'm in love with Marcille.

Otoyomegatari

Best art i've seen on manga so far, the amount of detail
on the textures and clothing of the characters is mind blowing. It's
about the middle east, but it focuses on the culture and relationships
of several people, with a fair bit of romance. It's a very laid back,
and despite being like that, there's always progression on the life of
the characters and things are always happening that keep it fresh and
interesting.

Shiori Experience

Shiori,
a japanese english school teacher, is haunted by the ghost of Jimi
Hendrix. I don't need to say anything else about this one. The art is
top notch, and the story reminds me of whiplash (the movie)
which is a very good thing.

Those are mine, I'm looking forward to your recommendations.

Report Topic

78 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by seika

posted

Eleceed é muito bom amiga, recomendo super

Report Reply

Reply by Jelli 🪼

posted

Oyasumi punpun/ goodnight punpun are really good!!! also the summer hikaru died is one of my favorite, there’s 4 volumes, 2 of which are officially released in Engl

Report Reply

Reply by matto xP

posted

If you like a good slice of life shojo youll like Skip and Loafer!! its still on going but you really have to give it a shot if you like wholesome stories

Report Reply

Reply by Gl00m

posted

the manga for Soul Eater is fantastic art style and story-wise! the anime is one of my favorites of all time but it rushes the story and leaves out a lot of really interesting arcs and details and such. i definitely recommend! i might actually give it a reread sometime soon :3

Report Reply

Reply by Harley

posted

I feel like this one got kinda forgotten as of late: Dr. Stone.

Ao Haru Ride, is a completed high-school romance, and I think this one is widely known Uramichi Oniisan. It's quite comedic :D

Report Reply

Reply by Munizz

posted

i recomend the climber, (kokou no hito) this literally a peak and vindland saga!

Report Reply

Reply by L3mon

posted

"the girl from the other side" is a super cute one, and the art style is very nice :3

Report Reply

Reply by Le Ciel.

posted

from the red fog

FROM THE RED FOG (or akai no kiri no kara) this is a good manga!!

Report Reply

Reply by Saint Ire

posted

I recently binged Rosen Blood by Ishizue Kachiru

It's pretty short (around 26 chapters), complete, and the art is very pretty. It's a reverse harem vampire romance that doesn't really get too heavy, and I ended up really liking Stella, the protag.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝘼𝙆𝘼𝙉𝙀

posted

Maria No Danzai/Maria's Conviction

It's a relatively new series with 8 chapters, right now. It's about a mother seeking revenge on 5 high school bullies for the death of her son. To get them, she changes her face and becomes a nurse at the school to get her revenge on them all.

Watashi No Arika/My Arika

A big idol by the name of Arika apart of a group called, "Lyrical Trick" suddenly goes missing after a performance. With barely any evidence and not much to go off of, the police assumes it's some stalker. But that isn't the case. After noticing a small hint is Arika's previous blog, Nana (An aspiring idol) comes the conclusion that it's one of the idol members. But who could it be?

Report Reply

Reply by Dogs2006

posted

Vampire princess miyu and fruits basket

Report Reply

Reply by Auk Froboz

posted
updated

Natomatos by Haseba Ryou, which is a one-shot fantasy manga.

What would happen if you transformed into your favourite fruit or vegetable?

Report Reply

Reply by Chomp

posted

bokutachi ga yarimashita 

its hilarious and dark and the art is really nice.

Report Reply

Reply by m1

posted

Started The climber (Kokou no Hito) and its looking rly good so far. Can also recommend

Junji Itō works if you are into bit darker/creepier stuff

Report Reply

Reply by G_racaillou

posted

Reply by Vinsmoke42

posted

Kagurabachi is literally peak. Surpasses everything that came before it. 

Report Reply

Reply by +CLiNiKiLL+

posted

if u want a story with amazing artwork and almost no actual words/dialogue, try BLAME! by Tustomu Nihei

Report Reply

Reply by Awesometastic_33

posted

bungo stray dogs is such a great manga. everything is written so good, the artstyle is great and none of the "darker" scenes (like abuse or murder) are romanticized. the recent chapters have been absolutely crazy, with multiple plot twists and things going on. also, i heavily recommend reading the manga before watching the anime because bones fucked bsd up with the fisheyes and with the removal of many important scenes

Report Reply

Reply by Valheim

posted

Some horror/psychological anime recommendations;  

Shadows House 

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (does contain sexual themes)

Madoka Majica 

Ergo Proxy 

Sweat Punch 

Thats All C:

Report Reply

Reply by ElsaDuck

posted

The Invisible Man and His Soon To Be Wife is a cute new manga series by Iwatobineko!

Basically, he's invisible and she's blind. it's more of a josei manga and the second volume comes out this august!

The Duke of Death and His Maid is also really good

Anything he touches dies but he fell in love with his maid and vice versa. really cool gothic vibes. i think the series is completed

Report Reply

Reply by millie

posted
updated

Reply by vanrouged

posted

I have to reccomend pandora hearts,, I love this manga so much

Report Reply

Reply by sammi

posted

the haunted bookstore 100% 

its super cute and has a amazing story and is quite new 

the characters are great and very likable the character designs are amazing 

its about Kaori who lives in the spirt realm and works at a bookstore which is low on money owned by her adopted dad Shinonome . one day an exorcist named Suimei who is injured so they let him stay at the bookstore.

Report Reply

Reply by ★✯cheez★✯

posted

jjba (jojo's bizarre adventure) is a great manga, + it has an anime adaptation too. pretty goofy but serious, but great.

Report Reply

Reply by Saerusine

posted

Princess Jellyfish is a really pretty and heartwarming manga, The author also includes blurbs from her own life which is really interesting.

-Sentient

Report Reply

Reply by Areid ☆♏︎☆

posted

wallfower, its rlly funny and has some horror aspects to it with the art style and the fl. i love it sm

Report Reply

Reply by Alicia menes

posted

To your eternity!!! I didnt finish reading it yet thought ;w;

Report Reply

Reply by Tim_thomas!!☆

posted

Tomie junti ito, i really like this manga

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Zie ♡

posted

I would seriously recommend Kanata Kara / From Far Away. it's an isekai from well before the isekai boom and just a really lovely shoujo fantasy / romance. really expertly written and I can't recommend it enough.

Report Reply

Reply by pseudoScribe

posted

Dissolving Classroom by Junji Ito is definitely one of his more underrated books. It's a little goofy but it's a fun quick read.

Report Reply

Reply by fuo

posted

Dandadan!! It's like chainsaw man but not at the same time (no one's died yet <3). Synopsis is as follows:

After being aggressively rejected, Momo Ayase finds herself sulking when she stumbles across a boy being bullied. Saved by her rash kindness, the occult-obsessed boy attempts to speak to her about supernatural interests he believes they share. Rejecting his claims, Ayase proclaimed that she instead is a believer in ghosts, starting an argument between the two over which is real. In a bet to determine who is correct, the two decide to separately visit locations associated with both the occult and the supernatural—Ayase visiting the former and the boy visiting the latter. When the two reach their respective places, it turns out that neither was wrong and that both the occult and ghosts do exist. This marks the beginning of Ayase and the boy's adventure, as they attempt to fix the surreal, supernatural, and sci-fi elements around them to return to a normal life.

It's a mega fun read, comedy is/jokes are embedded within the manga and there's also some romance on the side!epik panel with momo ayase

dandadan cover

Report Reply

Reply by Sp0rkzz⦻

posted

Magical girl apocalypse is good but i'd read it online if i were you. The fourth book is super high in price 

Report Reply

Reply by KARMA

posted
updated

TIME FOR THE HNKNA ENTHUSIAST TO SHINE!!! Hihi! Today I will be recommending a manga for you to add to your reading list! Heart No Kuni No Alice ( or Alice in the Country of Hearts ) is part of the QuinRose Universe. The Manga and the Otome game* were released around the same time so I'm not sure which was released first, but I recommend it nevertheless! ( * talk about later! )

hnknagame

hnknamanga
The manga is a reworked/visited version of Lewis Carroll's famous " Alice in Wonderland " with added bishounen characters and spicy romance. Alice Liddell was forcefully kidnapped and brought down a hole into Wonderland. Due to a trick, she has no choice but to play a mysterious game. To complete the game, she has to meet the residents in Wonderland to fill up a potion bottle - only then can she go home. The plot is pretty basic and falls along the lines of the original Alice in Wonderland, but there is a twist in the story. In Wonderland, everyone starts taking a liking to her at some point due to her being an outsider/foreigner.  From what I remember, there are about 12+(ish) endings in the otome game, but in the manga, she ultimately ends up with 1. It's VERY otome, but it's just so good.

There are also side route books that display the other countries! Such as The Country of Clover (♣), The Country of Joker (🃏), The Country of Diamond (♦), and most recently The Country of Spades (♠️) - ( the newest release of the Wonderful Wonder World series on Nintendo Switch by QuinRose Reborn, not yet in manga form. )

cnkna jnkna dnkna snkna

Through all of the other otome games that I've played and mangas that I've read, HNKNA always stuck. No matter it be the art style, characters, or mild plot twists, I can always count on coming back to this series a couple of times a year. The series just has such an ambiance and aura that always makes me feel like I'm part of the Wonderful Wonder World and I'm never able to shake the feeling. Although seemingly plain, it is a really special series and QuinRose put so much work into this universe. I hope you add it to your reading list! Have a wonderful day ✩°。⋆⸜(ू˙꒳​˙ )

Report Reply

Reply by suavesmjt

posted

not a manga but a manwha, but Maybe Meant To Be on Webtoon is adorableee, a romcom that does what romcoms are supposed to do. 

"Maybe Meant To Be" on webtoon

Report Reply

Reply by schooper

posted

hajime no ippo!! 1400+ chapters never went by so fast!!!

Report Reply

Reply by starchey

posted
updated

If you like a bit of horror I recommend Goodnight Pun Pun really great story line and art style its about a imaginary friend that stays for a bit to long :)

Report Reply

Reply by Mia

posted
updated

You have to read From the red fog. 

It is a manga about a 12 year old named Rwanda who's an assassin who's mother has been killed. One thing I have to mention is that his whole family are also assassins and he never really experienced real love since he was born because he was being trained to kill. 

Rwanda escapes alone and he will discover some "plot twists" about his family and the father that was never on his side. 

Btw lmk if you didn't understand everything I said because my english is not the best.

Report Reply

Reply by ianishere

posted

Some older choices: Parasyte! Soul Eater! Lone Wolf and Cub!
Some newer choices: The Promised Neverland! The Devil is a Part-Timer! Beastars!

Report Reply

Reply by aylin

posted

chainsaw man !!!

Chainsaw Man - Wikipedia

Report Reply

Reply by QtLanaa

posted

Tomie

I'm still currently reading it<3

Tomie: Complete Deluxe Edition ebook by Junji Ito - Rakuten Kobo

Report Reply

Reply by *jazzy*

posted

Demon slayer

Report Reply

Reply by remy

posted

dead dead demons is really good! the only of inio asano's works that is going to get an anime adaptation

Report Reply

Reply by Ryan

posted

One of my all time favorite mangas has to be Kaguya Sama: Love is war. It follows the complex relationship between miyuki, the student council president and Kaguya the vice president as they try to make one another confess their love. Its a great romantic comedy manga that is really engaging to read imo. There are also 23 english released volumes so far so there is no shortage of content to binge.

Report Reply

Reply by TriadKnight

posted

dead dead demons de de de de destruction

Report Reply

Reply by Gary

posted

1. World Trigger: the story was laid out well, in a big-picture manner, drawing style getting cleaner nowadays.

2. Archipel has introduced some alt manga on their YouTube site: https://youtu.be/x7Yo87NYhEk

Report Reply

Reply by suavesmjt

posted

Always Yona of dawn, I’m reading Emma which is by the same author of  Otoyomegatari. Looks pretty promising. 

Report Reply

Reply by ★☆ VIRGIN_GERMS ☆★

posted
updated

My recommendation is Toilet Bound Hanako-kun! It’s about a girl that makes a wish to the spirit Hanako and gets wrapped into his world :3

The manga is better IMO, altho the anime is GR8!! <33

Report Reply

Reply by D☆YR☆

posted

Brutal:satsujin kanatsukan no Kokuhaku

A policeman that likes to make justice by his own 

It’s gore and horror. The art style is quite good and even though is not finished, I enjoyed reading it 

Report Reply

Reply by ☣️xXBiohazardBenXx☣️

posted

Claymore because some of the art is absolutely insane.

Claymore, Vol. 1: Norihiro Yagi, Norihiro Yagi: 9781421506180: Books:  Amazon.com

Claymore, Vol. 19 (19): Yagi, Norihiro: 9781421540788: Books - Amazon

Pin on Claymore

Thoughts on ... Claymore (review: Minor Spoilers) — Jackson P. Brown

VIZ | Blog / MANGA: Claymore Vol. 23

Report Reply

Reply by vexxeii

posted
updated

if yall like gory stuff liek me i would recommend Brutal: Satsujin Kansatsukan no Kokuhaku
dont worry its still ongoing :D

Report Reply