« Back to the idc if astrology isn't "real" its fun Forum

Books for Beginners

Alright, everyone starts their journey somewhere and with there being a million and five books out there on any given subject I'm looking for summer solid suggestions.Β 

I was in target the other day and nearly picked up The Astrology of You and Me by Gary Goldschneider. I didn't because I'm hoping to find it slightly cheaper. Secondhand even.Β 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Senya (Many Nights)

posted

I really like the book of birthdays! I'm pretty sure there's a hard and soft edition and you can buy them used on Amazon. It has every day broken down extensively as well as breakdowns in signs with their decans, the children of different seasons, and a lot of other basic astrology breakdowns.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by vinny-chan

posted

when i first started out, i came across this book by liz greene about chart reading that really helped me when learning how to read other people's charts. a preview should be available through google books.

Report Reply

I started my research with a book entitled "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" by Joanna Martine Woolfolk. What's awesome about it is the chart in the back. It's based on the Tropical system, for those that follow it. The chart shows the individual placements for each planet based on birthdate so you can manually build your natal chart. My favorite place to get used books for cheap is alibris.com. I got my copy for something like $6-$8 plus shipping.

I hope this helps!

Report Reply

Reply by juicebox

posted

Oh I've never heard of that albris site!Β  I'm definitely checking them out asap. I just picked up The Only Astrology book and hoping to start reading it soon.Β 

Lots of reading in 2022 for me!Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Lily Marie

posted

One of my favorite astrology books I’ve come across is The Complete Guide to Astrology by Louise EdingtonΒ 

Report Reply