« Religion and Philosophy Forum

reading runes

anyone got any tips? i'm just starting out. feel free to recommend books or techniques! also would love to meet more spiritual people and witches.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Robot

posted

"If it is not possible for you to become a good witch in this life and become good in the next, then you have no chance of becoming good witch. It's very difficult, you have no idea, you just don't have the strength. You have no clue about what you're doing, and it's hard to know how much you have done, what kind you are, or what you can achieve, so it is very difficult to get a feel for it and know what kind it is, what kind of magic it is. So, you have no chance at becoming a good witch. You just need to be very good in this life, you can become very good in this way, and if you don't get a good feeling, then you're just not good at the next one. If you don't get a feeling for magic, you are not a great witch, you are just not a good witch."

I think this is very true.

But what about the fact, that if you're a good human and become a witch you'll get to do something that's not possible in life? If you are a good human you're probably going to do it in life because you are going to have some kind of magic. If your life is going to be like this you will have a lot of magic, so you will get a good feeling. If you don't do magic, you won't have any kind of magical power, you won't be able to do anything at all, you won't be able to do anything.

If you don't have any kind of magical power then it will not be able to do any of your magic, so you'll get a feeling for the magic that will come in. If you have a good feeling, then your life won't be like this because there won't even be a feeling. If your life is like this then there's no feeling, but if your life is like this then it's going to be very easy for you to be good, and if your life is like this then you will have no hope for magic at all, because there's nothing you have, there isn't any magic that comes in from the ground, there's just magic.

Report Reply

I'm personally in the beginning process of learning about runes and I'm currently reading Rudiments of Runlore and memorizing the runes and their individual meanings. I think it's fascinating and beautiful. What are you currently reading?

β™“οΈŽ β™“οΈŽ β¬†οΈβ™ˆοΈŽΒ  𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓽π“ͺ𝓷𝔂   ☿ β™“οΈŽ ♀️ β™“οΈŽ ♂️ β™’οΈŽ

Report Reply

Reply by Erik Northwood

posted

I'm rather experienced in this topic, and the biggest tips I can give areΒ 

1) Familiarize yourself with the Rune poems
2) Study the linguistics that are applicable to your rune row of choice, both the language it was used to write in, and the languages that it developed from (Old Norse, Proto-Germanic, Proto-Indo-European, etc)
3) For best results, you should carve your own rune sets
4) The material used to make rune sets should be wood or wood based
5) There are surface level meanings, and deeper meanings. For example, Fehu at the surface means "Cattle" in Proto-Germanic, but in sister languages can also mean "Sheep" or "Pig", whichever is the most important domestic species in the area. So a deeper meaning would be "Livestock" and more allegorically "Wealth", as livestock was the primary store of wealth in those times. A modern term that could apply would be "liquid assets".Β Β 
6) Don't start trying to perform runic Magick until you can proficiently read runes.

Report Reply