« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

How can I center a gif as my profile background instead of it being tiled?

Posted by Slummy

posted

Forum: Web, HTML, Tech

I want to make a layout and I hate the way the background looks when its in tiles, but I can't figure out how to blow it up to cover the entire background while also centering it. :( Any help would be appreciated!! ♡

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Slummy

posted

Thank you so much Kat! I'll test this and let you know :)

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

I'm a little bit confused by the way the "tiles are drawn" and how the background appears. The tiles have to be drawn in a certain way. I've been using a grid for a few weeks, and the idea of having tiles that are "circles" (a circle with a border and a circle of dots, or dots of dots), but I don't think this is what I'd be using for this layout (I think that's just how tiles work). I'm sure that I'll find a way around it. The "tile is drawn on top and then drawn in circles", but that's just a bit more work, so I'll leave this for another day. I think that it's better if I can just use my own design. It might not seem like a great fit to my own design but, I'll try to figure it out.

The other thing that I'd love is a "background-color". I'm a huge fan of colors that I've tried and love, like the "blue", and it looks awesome in a grid. I don't know if that's something I should try or not but it's something I've tried and tried and tried to do with my designs and it's been great. The "color" part of my design doesn't have to do with my background. I just wanted a nice, clean background, and it worked great. I think it would have worked great for the background if it were a "circle of circles". It'd be nice if there were some kind of "color gradient", but I haven't really tried that yet, but I'd like to see how that goes. I think the color gradient is pretty good and I'm happy with it, but it's just that it doesn't work for the whole "background" of this design.

I've been using a grid since the beginning of my life, so that's why I don't think I've ever been able to make this layout that is completely transparent. The only problem I've had is the way the background looks. The only reason it's that transparent, and not

Report Reply