« Back to the MySpace93 Fwiends Forum

My plans with the MySpace source code [pinned]

Hey guys. I recently contacted Larxene, my friend who also knew about the MySpace hack before the world knew, and she agreed to help me out with this. So I heard that Z had been offline during the last 4 months of MS93 existing and I don’t want the story to end just yet. I plan to learn about making a website with source code so I can bring back MySpace. Unfortunately, I don’t feel like bringing back Tom. I want to make a new social media similar to MySpace but not exactly MySpace. Don’t worry, it’ll still be called MySpace but Tom won’t be your first friend. I’ll be the 1st friend a new user receives and just a normal user who makes normal blogs on life and sometimes I’ll make the occasional blog on the state of the website. This next part is stuff I want to do if I can. i want to try and figure out how to remove the 10 blog limit or at least make it a 20 blog limit so the site doesn’t crash. At the beginning, you won’t be able to remove me but later on, I’ll add in that option once it’s possible. I’ll also try to make the news tab glitch less and try and make separate news tabs for each user. This is so that blogs don’t disappear. You remember how annoying that was right? I’m not sure if any of this is possible but I’ll try to make it happen. If I can’t do any of this stuff, I’ll only replace Tom and put myself as the 1st user and leave the rest of the source code untouched. Are my plans too ambitious? I would really like to know your thoughts in the comments. If anyone has some sort of information that would be helpful in making a website with source code, please let me know. Thank you for reading. Bye!:)

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by H3

posted

I also try to re-host the source over at ourspace.cf. Wanna collab? My discord username is in
in my bio!

Report Reply

Reply by bonkmaykr

posted
updated

My main concern with this is that there will be a shitload of clones based off of the same source code and that it will cause fragmentation (everyone splitting off to different platforms). Then again, the MS93 community is pretty tightly knit so it's likely one platform will dominate the rest.

When a clone comes out, probably coming from HACKER3000, I'd love to do some fixes to the code :> mainly fixing form validation and adding some cool features. Though, I feel perfectly fine here on spacehey.

Report Reply

Reply by whomists

posted

that sounds really cool!! myspace93 def had some problems, i'm glad ppl are taking this chance to improve it 

Report Reply

Reply by Lua

posted

Oh mah gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd please just rewrite it 

I don't care how much you wanna host the source, the user db was written in a JSON file and was in all plaintext. No one wants to relive getting that leaked. Just use the plain html frontend and then rewrite everything.

BUT, if you wanna use the source:
Learn PHP and SQL techniques, and Hash passwords
Password protect the JSON file that it used

Report Reply

Reply by Sketchub

posted

I can join to team developer

Report Reply

Reply by Thehungrypumpkin

posted

i am very excited for this. thank you. have a nice day and stay safe everyone.

Report Reply

Reply by wookie

posted

OMG i cant wait! i love your idea :)

Report Reply

Reply by Chad

posted

Message me or something when it's out. Would like to see myspace93 back in action.

Report Reply

Reply by kai

posted

I didn't know what this MySpace93 was until 10 minutes ago. I want to learn more about the community. What is the history of MS93?

Report Reply

Reply by kai

posted
updated

I've been looking at windows93.net and it's a neat site. I'm a developer and would be happy to help.

Report Reply

Reply by Upwader

posted

I dont think you're ready to learn Jankenpopp isnt competent enough to release the source code.
Although, if it is released, lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Grandma Bertha

posted

I could join the development team.

If you need help, contact me.

Report Reply

Reply by Googleplex

posted

If we're using the original site as a basis, can we all not hack the site and ruin everything? Hacking the site and stealing info just isn't fun for anyone, and I don't this version of the site to shut down because of people stealing info as well.

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

That's a great idea i can't wait to use it:D

Report Reply

Reply by FR_thinker

posted

great idea! but can i also help? 

Report Reply

Reply by supraman

posted

good idea but tbh id rather have tom or just some user with just their first name as their username as the first friend you have

Report Reply

Reply by Mermaid_Blue21

posted

This caught my interest! Im super excited that spacehey was created, but bringing back myspace all together...please keep us informed. :) 

Report Reply