« SpaceHey Forum

If someone has hidden their Block/Report, here's a few ways you can block and report them!

Posted by Tommy Panzram

posted
updated

Forum: SpaceHey

Ok, so it has come to my attention that some people who are harassing others on here, and solely exist to be trolls, have hidden their block and report links. This, in itself, is a reportable offense on SpaceHey, and is a nice fat cherry to go on top of the harassment that person might be doing.

Here is how you get around that!

For starters here is the link to block someone:
https://spacehey.com/block?id=[UserIDGoesHere]

and here is the link to report someone:
https://spacehey.com/report?type=user&id=[UserIDGoesHere]

Now, here is how you get the user ID of someone (it isn't their display name that shows in their URL)

edit 12/29/2022:
I've made the simplest tool I can think of to quickly get the profile link of a user via their profile photo (which can be obtained on any page including their profile that shows their profile photo). You can check that out here.

Method 1: Profile Links
When you see someone's name you can right click (or long tap) on their profile and hit "copy link address". This link will contain their user ID. You can paste this in to a notepad or other text box and copy their ID from there, which will be the numbers at the end of the url.

For example, the link for my profile is https://spacehey.com/profile?id=81796 which means my ID is 81796. I got this from copying the link to my profile from a comment I made in a bulletin, but you could get it from a friend request, message, etc.

Method 2: Profile Photo
Any time you see someone's profile photo you can get their User ID from that. Just long press on their photo and save it or open it in a new tab (I don't recommend doing this from the profile as that can be circumvented, just go from a friend request or comment, but it could still work on the profile itself if it hasn't been altered). When you do this the file name of the photo will look like this: [UserID]_[AMessOfRandomLettersAndNumbers].png

Method 3: Stop Page Loading
This is an easy way, but requires a quick click. When someone's profile is loading you can stop it by clicking the "X" at the url bar and you'll keep the page from loading in their display url and it'll leave it as their User ID  

Method 4: Message Me!
Shoot me an add and a message letting me know someone is harassing you and I'll get those links for you. I don't need to know the details, just that someone has hidden their block/report links.

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by JUNO ~✧

posted

this is really helpful! i cant believe people are seriously hiding their block/report button. but thanks!!

Report Reply

Reply by Rotting Flesh

posted

This post is old but still really useful. Thank you for your time!

Report Reply

Reply by HeavyMetalManiac

posted

How to unblock someone? I accidently pressed on block and now I can't unblock it

Report Reply

Reply by HeavyMetalManiac

posted

How to unblock someone? I accidently pressed on block and now I can't unblock it

Report Reply

Reply by Tommy Panzram

posted

On your home page click "Blocks" in the list of "View my:" links under your photo. Then click the account you want to unblock, then click unblock.

Report Reply

Reply by Gerard's Guitar

posted

Lifesaver!

Report Reply

Reply by XxDollieFa1ryxX

posted

where do you put the profile link in order to do this? can you do this through a profile photo on a bulletin or a layout? can you do this to a friend? thank you!

Report Reply

Reply by 🍉Jimmyhere's biggest fan <3 🍉

posted

thank you sm, recently i've seen this profiles with gore and titles with rlly bad meanings and using flashlights so ppl couldnt report them

Report Reply

Reply by Zigzag Buster 🇺🇦

posted

Thank you very much! This was a really helpful forum topic. I needed it.

Report Reply