« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

being a brand sucks [closed]

was thinking about recently how back in the 2000s corporations, focused all their brainwashing efforts (Advertising) into television. why? because that's where we were, that's where the malleable children were. we learned the symbols and the products that we would remember for the rest of our lives from TV.

now, children today are on social media. they're on twitter, tiktok, insta. strange how when TV started to get less popular with kids and they moved to the internet, that corporations also moved there. i think this is also where the idea of being a "brand" on social media became a thing. corporations suffocated the atmosphere so much and showed there was only one way to succeed: if you took away or sold your personality.
idk. i'm really glad this group exists, thanks y'all <3 (sorry if this was rambly or wrong, i'd love to hear your opinion!!!)

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by SafeInSanity

posted
updated

I hear ya!  I just joined this site today and I'm also glad to see a cool alternative to Facebook. I am so sick of their  liberal politics being forced on us over there and their horrible treatment and censorship of conservatives!

Report Reply

sadgrl.online closed this Forum Topic