« Back to the I Miss (OG) MySpace! Forum

Anyone else who've tried finding their old MS pages through Wayback Machine?

I've tried, based on old screenshots of my profile from around 2008 and the url I had back then was www.myspace.com/didrick but when I type that in my browser today, it takes me to the existing MySpace page of the EDM/Dubstep remixer and producer Didrick and not the page I used to have back in the day. So it seems the url has been taken over by him and thus my account is dead and gone forever. I have since made a new MS account when they made their complete overhaul, which honestly looks shitty and has zero functionality whatsoever and it doesn't feel the same anymore at all. But has anyone else tried Wayback Machine to check out their old MS pages and if so, did you succeed?

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

I tried, but sadly mine was one of the pages that sadly wasn't archived. 

:(

Report Reply

Reply by ⛓Gothicc Waifu⛓

posted

Omg I tried but my mom made me keep my profile on private so because I was a child I can't go back and look

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted

Unfortunately (for me) when I begrudgingly made the move "officially" to Facebook after the second MySpace redesign, I ended up deleting my account (if my memory services me correct? ). . .Yeah, current MySpace is a pathetic mess they really should just shut it down I doubt anybody uses it. 

Report Reply

Yep, actually found one snapshot. It's super cringe though. Won't be sharing.

Report Reply

Reply by 🏳️‍🌈Daniela A. Wolfe - Author of B4E🏳️‍⚧️

posted
updated

Whoops sorry, double post. Won't let me delete.

Report Reply

Reply by Samuel Travis

posted

I can't remember my URL name on MySpace but I used MySpace back in 2007.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕭𝖑𝖛𝖈𝖐 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖞

posted

I can't remember what my username was or else I would have tried. I wish I could get the photos back at least...

...or maybe I don't XD

Report Reply

Reply by spaceman

posted

I foolishly deleted my myspace on the way out when I left for facebook. My last login was around 2009 near the end. It was a real ghost town and weird.

Report Reply

Reply by Theleeroy

posted

I deleted my OG page due to gf at the time falling for some popular MS emo guy, I was young so reacted bad and deleted everything still had a separate artist page that I managed to get pics off but if they were anything to go by then it's best that my main profile was lost to the abyss

Report Reply