« Back to the Homestuck Fangroup Forum

anyone else read the epilogues

that shit literally was crazy. like i liked reading it but its kinda so insane. like jade is in a throuple with karkat and dave like what. and gamzee having a foot fetish like what the hell. some things just happened for no reason

Report Topic

11 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by giuseppe

posted

its kinda like a train crash i just couldn't stop reading it. but also a lot of weird choices were made imo 

Report Reply

Reply by Soapstone

posted

it's weird. i can see why people don't like it but i had a fun time reading it

Report Reply

Reply by ANDREW☆

posted

i feel like im the only person in the homestuck fandom that even SORTA likes the epilogues  *_*

Report Reply

Reply by Tr3ily

posted

I didn't even finish Homestuck, and I didn't like reading it the first time, so everything about the epilogues I learned second hand.

The stuff you mentioned I didn't know about and HUH

Report Reply

Reply by yareyaredolphin

posted

bro i cannot stand the epilogues they ruined so much for me i want to hit them repeatedly with a brick 

Report Reply

Reply by cheeseofdoom

posted

i can totally see why people didnt like it, but it honestly felt like a realistic continuation of homestuck. the funny coating on the story is stripped away, but in my opinion hussie's writing skills more than make up for it

Report Reply

Reply by SilliestSharkboy

posted

I absolutely  refuse to read the epilogues. Every possible thing that could upset me ever is somehow in there.

Report Reply

Reply by lesbiotic catgirl

posted

i got to dirk being a tire swing in candy and gave up lol, fun read though! might pick it up agaim

Report Reply

Reply by trolecito

posted

i get why people had such a bad reaction to it when it came out, because after the main comic's hopeful ending, with all these characters we've grown so attached to it kinda felt like a slap in the face. but i reread homestuck last year and then finally got around to it and i ended up having a fun time. i agree with the train crash comparison

i think you just have to accept that these are the worst possible versions of everyone, and then it becomes really interesting from a characterization lens seeing what drove them all to where they are. if hussie didn't put out something controversial intending to piss people off, they wouldn't be hussie. it's kind of like the end of evangelion, in that respect?

Report Reply

Reply by Hunter

posted

honestly, i loved the epilogues. they were insane and you could tell whoever was writing any part of it at any given time was trying so hard to see how far they could push the envelope with bullshit before the reader would just throw down their proverbial book and give up. it gave us nothing we wanted and everything we never thought we needed. and also, petty, but i never particularly liked jane or dirk, so having them cast in the antagonist role was fun for me, personally. i like how the epilogues had a million and one little in jokes and references to its two sides, and how it tried to be really deep and explore the meaning of story telling and authorship and canon but also was extremely derivative about it. they sucked but in a way that i genuinely loved. also idk, to me johnrezi is kind of real. it would be realer if it was junerezi + vriska, though. t4t4t, love wins <3

Report Reply

Reply by zEKE

posted

ive heard good things, ive heard bad things. finished homestuck a while ago and deciding if i should read them + hs2^

Report Reply