« Art and Photography Forum

where do you find your inspiration?

22 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Cashlin

posted

law of attraction tapes and buddhism and daoism texts when i was younger which i think is ironically more accessible since a lot of loa stuff becomes business oriented and can be rather harsh and about achieving desired results whereas the eastern spirituality has more emphasis on accepting life

Report Reply

Reply by r0b

posted

Music usually does it for me

Report Reply

Reply by NinjaKat2

posted

in heavy metal spaghetti

Report Reply

Reply by Gabby

posted

psychedelic art and references 

Report Reply

Reply by Gabby

posted

psychedelic art and references 

Report Reply

Reply by popa boie

posted
updated

imagination mostly 

Report Reply

Reply by Boogie

posted

memories and music.
exploring new music usually gets my creative brain working so i can paint or wtv

Report Reply

Reply by yura

posted

usually just dreams. why? its easier than actively thinking sometimes

Report Reply

Reply by willardg162

posted

Music, Game, and Film can inspire me a lot when I feel boring or lazy. Playing basketball stars, watching film "Titanic", listening to the song "Under"

Report Reply

Reply by Aggs

posted

Artists with very scribbly or rough-edged styles!!! It's always cool when you can look at a piece and see the texture and shapes of every stoke. Plus, they tend to have a lot of emotion crammed into them from every angle, lots of life. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lionny

posted

In fact, I find inspiration in the most ordinary things. Sometimes I'm just curious to look at familiar things from a new angle for me.

Report Reply

Reply by gorelyluvsuu

posted

It use to be music in my playlist but now it's mostly random shitpost vids i see on Twitter and movies

Report Reply

Reply by Porsutti

posted

pinterest mostly but also from nature and the world around me :)

Report Reply

Reply by pierce

posted

Usually from my favorite shows and concept art from those or from video games. If not, My own fantasy worlds I create in my head or my intrusivve thoughts. 

Report Reply

Reply by ♥frankieteardrop♥

posted

pretty ppl, i just wanna draw them. that includes musicians and models and actors and stuff, or ppl i know. music helps too. and pinterest 

Report Reply

Reply by H I M E

posted

I get most of my inspiration from my own dreams. I actually have a notebook where I write down the dreams I have, and it's fun to go back and read through them sometimes. Pinterest is also a great source for inspiration (it's the king of creativity, in my opinion). Third would be reading books. Even if the book is some 99 cent ditty, there's always some piece of creativity to draw from it, whether it be a plot point or a phrase.

Report Reply

Reply by Skykristal

posted

Daydreams, pinterest. I primaliry draw my OCs and they're living in my head rent free soooo.. I image most stuff I draw.

Report Reply

Reply by 静脉血

posted

Reply by 静脉血

posted

Reply by VET_77

posted

People. 1000% people. Just the way someone's body fits together, or an interesting pose. Features; noses, ears, hair, etc. Human anatomy is my favorite thing to draw, though it does make my compliments sound a bit creepy sometimes. I once told a girl she had nice ankles..

Report Reply

Reply by VET_77

posted

People. 1000% people. Just the way someone's body fits together, or an interesting pose. Features; noses, ears, hair, etc. Human anatomy is my favorite thing to draw, though it does make my compliments sound a bit creepy sometimes. I once told a girl she had nice ankles..

Report Reply

Reply by VET_77

posted

Report Reply