« Back to the Pagans and Wiccans of Spacehey Forum

What type of theism do you believe in

While I think majority of us can agree most pagans are polytheistic, there still is variety. I myself believe in one creator with many names, or forms. 

Report Topic

23 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Marie

posted

I believe that there are many Gods and Goddesses that we can choose to worship from. 

Report Reply

Reply by Nomad

posted

For me, the goddesses/gods are personas of different facts of life. For example, constantly changing things up and being unpredictable is Loki, wandering and becoming wiser through sacrifice is Odin. These personalities are symbols which can guide us, and within us they take on an identity within oneself.

Report Reply

Reply by Dirango

posted

I am Norse Pagan, but rather than Asatru, I am Rokkatru/Jotnatru and worship the "frost giants" as deities and spirits of their respective natures. I still worship the Aesir and Vanir, but not the same way as in Asatru. I don't hold the Eddas as "gospel" because they were written by a Christian, so there is too much room for bias and even unintentional omission and alteration. I don't think it is as much "us vs them" as the Eddas make, and most of the stories don't align with the Havamal, which is essentially a long-winded "commandments" and the real meat of most Norse Paganism. But that's just my take. 

Report Reply

Reply by 🪿Mocha🫖Kimani🐕‍🦺Goose🕍

posted

I believe there is/are/always will be: subjective realities vs objective reality. Objective reality being simple laws of physics like gravity. Subjective realities being the various theistic ideologies, personal life experiences. I personally subscribe eclectically amongst Afro-Latinx diaspora practices, with an emphasis on candle spells, herbalism, angel magic, affirmative prayers, incense, ancestor veneration, meditation, smudging, ritual bathing, and working with saints/angels/lwas/orishas/historical figures/etc. as a means of them interceding to the Supreme creator that is both male and female, yet simultaneously neither. A powerful Life force that is far too distant for me to speak to directly. Except that I go to these spiritual deities for prayers of intercession, instead of going to priests/priestesses/pastors/ministers/etc. from any particular organized religious institutions. But to each person, may they forever remain true to their selves and live their best lives.

Report Reply

Reply by Jenn

posted

Pantheism

"the universe conceived of as a whole is God and, conversely, that there is no God but the combined substance, forces, and laws that are manifested in the existing universe"

Report Reply

Reply by Lilliana Blackstar

posted

I am a Pantheist / Polytheist and Animist

Report Reply

Reply by Jules

posted

I believe, Nature is in itself Devine …. Therefore I worship the Earth itself , Or the green man LOLZ ️‍

Report Reply

Reply by SandyFalkner

posted
updated

I believe there are multiple gods and goddesses. I don’t have a pacific Deity or God or Goddess that I worship.

Report Reply

Reply by ♡Lys♡

posted
updated

I'm a polytheist but lean toward hellenic beliefs. 

Report Reply

Reply by John the Verbose

posted

Pantheistic soft-polytheism plus animism. Plus the following tenets of belief:

The object of the search for spiritual truth, which is a universal and a never-ending search, may be found through the Earth-Mother, which is Nature, but this is one way among many.

And great is the spiritual importance of Nature, which is the Earth-Mother, for she is one of the objects of creation, and with it we do live, even as we struggle through life do we come face-to-face with her.

—The Book of the Law 1:5-6, The Chronicles of the Foundation, A Reformed Druid Anthology

Report Reply

Reply by Satan's Lavendar

posted

I think there's an universal energy kinda like the Force from Star Wars. Not exactly, but kinda. 

I have also called it just "the human consciousness" in the sense that people create and manipulate energy all the time whether they realize it or not, and sometimes that can manifest pretty physically in the visible world. 

I've used this as my personal explanation for why there's so many religions, gods, spirits, and afterlives. I think most of it is created by each individual in and with their own experience. In another way, each person creates their own reality (within reason, humans still can't fly without help of some sort). Like if a person doesn't believe in ghosts, they'll never see one and figure out some explanation. If someone else looks for ghosts, they'll probably find them or find reasons to believe they did. Both experiences are equally valid. 

Report Reply

Reply by weed mem

posted

I believe more Spirit than Gods are the  path way to a happy life

Report Reply

Reply by Rebel the Scene Wolfgirl

posted

I consider myself, in the broadest sense, a naturalistic pantheist. While I do not believe in the literal existence of gods + goddesses (though I'm not averse to the idea), I believe that they are powerful archetypes in the Jungian sense: they are the names and characteristics we've given to the forces of nature and human emotions in all their terrifying, beautiful glory. I like to use this quote from the book Godless Paganism to sum up how I see the gods and goddesses - "The gods are archetypes, but the archetypes are gods." The way I interpret that is this: to dismiss the gods as just archetypes misses the point; they aren't just symbols but the sum total of our understandings about the universe given form by our collective imaginations. Stories are powerful things that can change how we see the world and each other, and when we understand the gods are more than just words on a page, not in any literal supernaturalist sense but in the sense that we can understand what they are, only then can we understand the interconnected nature of reality.

Report Reply

Reply by okkeun ( = ⩊ = )

posted
updated

I believe in Pantheism as the view that the world is either identical to God, or an expression of God’s nature.“God is everything and everything is God.”  I do not exclude the consciousness of the world/cosmos/nature itself, so I communicate with it through meditation and rune divination. 

As for the rules of conduct, one rule is enough for me - "If it harm none, do what you will" (Wiccan Rede)

Report Reply

Reply by Crow

posted
updated

i consider myself polytheistic, i do believe some gods are created but most are truly divine. I lean towards being a druid and worshiping celtic deities, but i do respect all gods.

edit: i just thought of something else. I'm think gods are energy. not beings but kinda like a consciousness without a kind and take shape however we best can understand them, that's why gods look different to individuals. 

as a very logical person, this is how I best understand it. although, we can never truly completely understand how the divine works.

Report Reply

Reply by Tess💿🐠🎧

posted

I am Hellenic! so definitely polytheisem

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

Personally, I am a Norse Pagan. However, I am of the belief that every God and entity worshipped and believed in exists. How? Not sure, but I think they exist and deserve respect, regardless of what one individual personally believes. (Having said that, I don't think there's one ultimate God over all other Gods, but that is just my personal opinion so take with salt and throw it to the wind if you feel like it.)

Report Reply

Reply by seik!ra

posted

I was Hellenic for a bit but I think I'm drifting more towards general paganism/spiritualism. I used "the gods" in a more general sense now and won't really be specific on which gods. I think I need to look into what I really believe in a bit more.

Report Reply

Reply by kaela khaos

posted

i'm a greek pagan :)

Report Reply

Reply by EDEN

posted
updated

I personally believe in Omnism so every religion has some sort of truth to it but personally, I practice Paganism and Luciferianism.

Report Reply

Reply by Metal Druid

posted

I've been a Druid for half my life, since 1999. I am an animist, and as such I don't worship the old Celtic gods, but I do revere them in their association with aspects of nature. I do have a small statue of Gaia in my apartment.

Report Reply

Reply by Todd lissner

posted

Pagan religion, many powerful spirits

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧𝕬𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆⛧

posted
updated

i belive that there are multiple gods and godesse's, as i personally belive in greek, Norse and Dacian gods/godesses.

Report Reply