« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Lies about Satanism.

So I actually have a general question. I'm a Satanist and why do people think we worship Satan and sacrifice babies?

Report Topic

33 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Elohimless ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ท

posted

Blame the mass media & Hollywood movies for this bullsh*t. . .People in general misinterp what they don't understand.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Ray Pelletier

posted

There are 2 sects of Satanism. Luciferian and LaVeyism. You are likely a LaVey.

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"Well Satan is the most important thing in life. And it is the only one that is truly important. And it is the one that is really evil. It is not good, but it does exist and it does have some power over the rest of us, but it's the power of God, the power that we have over ourselves and over others and we are going to take it. And it's not just for us. We're also taking it to other places, and that's where the problem lies." โ€“ Paul VI, The Letter From Paul to His Friends in Jerusalem (1829)

I have no idea how you can possibly know that, because I'm sure that if you were in any way involved in the Satanic rituals of your childhood and the Satanic rituals you are a child who has a deep and abiding connection to God. You know that the Satanic ritual is not about the "holy water," but about the "spirituality." And you have a very clear and direct link to Satan. And that is why you are Satanist. Satanists believe the same things about Satan. Satanists believe they have an inherent spiritual link to God, and they are very much in love with the power and authority that Satan possesses over all human beings and that God's will and the will of God's creation have made it necessary to make that connection to Satan and make that connection with Satan. So I don't see why Satanists should not worship the "Holy Water" or Satan's "Holy Water" or the Holy Trinity and that God is a great God who has created the universe. I don't believe in a "holy war."

I think there is no such thing as a holy War.

I don't believe in a war.

The reason for my belief is the same reason why the Church of Satan does the same things it does to its followers, because it's not about the Holy Water, the "Holy Spirit," and it's not a holy war or anything.

I don't believe the Church of Satan is a war. I believe it is an effort to destroy and subjugate and subjugate the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and all that we do as Christians, including our faith in Jesus Christ. That means that it will

Report Reply

Reply by Jaimie Rain

posted

Because the 'Satan' character was created by the Abrahamic religion we now know as Christianity. It's not uncommon for cultures, religions, sects etc.. to create a "boogy man".ย 
In their religion Satan is responsible for all the evil, so when they view something as evil/immoral it's Satan. Paganism was considered Satan, Witchcraft whether it be someone providing medicine, was also considered the work of Satan. Psychopaths going on killing spree's, also Satan. Sometimes those people claim to worship Satan, be part of some cult. The truth is if they are saying that, what they are are warped Christians, Satan is a character from their Bible.ย 

Lavey Satanism is a totally different kettle of fish though. As it is a fairly recent creation. Anton Lavey and his ilk chose the name as some kind of trolling, a bit of attention seeking, a bit of free publicity, it worked. It doesn't really have anything to do with Satan or Christ. In fact it's just Atheism with a bit of cherry picking from the Philosophies of Crowley and Nietzsche to name a few thrown in there. But of course if you're going to choose to name your Religious sect after a villain from another Religion, of course you're going to garner that sort of attention and I think that's what Lavey wanted.ย ย 

Report Reply

Reply by burntLem0nz

posted

Definitely the name.ย 

Satan = bad so people assume satanism = bad even though the religion doesnt actually involve worshipping satan and slaughtering pigs or some shit.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Kattarshian

posted

Yeah,ย  most of us don't actually believe in a Satan as a deity or even a living thing. I'm a TST Satanist and we more worship Satan in its Latin translation, meaning opposition.

Report Reply

Reply by Donaghan

posted

It's mostly due to religious zealots. Of course in my religion Satan represents "evil", and when you pair that with people that don't understand that there can be multiple interpretations of things, you get anti-satanist idiots.ย 

I'm a Christian myself and I simply believe that as long as you aren't harming yourself or others, you can believe in whatever the hell you want.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Orlok

posted

Satanism is a fake religion made up by creeps in the 60s and its foundation is inherently built with lies and contrarianism. You are not a satanist you are an edgy atheist.ย ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Mortuary

posted

It's Christian propaganda that they've pushed through media for decades, if not centuries. As time goes on, the stigma is slowly fading, but there is still quite a few people who will use that statement when pushing their agenda.

Report Reply

Reply by Zecnetovk V.

posted
updated

Because of jewish/abrahamic propaganda. A way to blame others for the crimes they commit and their books/scriptures support!ย 

For example, all of the "Satanic blood sacrifices", "eating babies" "satanic rituals of pedophilia" is entirely jewish based and has absolutely NOTHING to do with Satan himself but with Jehovah, Jewish faith, Christianity, Islam... you know, anything that is ABRAHAMIC:ย 

PLEASE BEWARE, AS THIS IS REALLY EXPLICIT!!! 18+

John 4:22

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews."

• Blood Sacrifices:

Exodus 23:18

"Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread; neither shall the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning."

Psalms 137:9

"Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!"

Deuteronomy 12:27

"27ย And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of theย Lordย thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of theย Lordย thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh."

• Cannibalism/eating of gentiles:

Numbers 23-24:

Behold, the people shall rise up as a great lion, and lift up himself as a young lion: he shall not lie down until he eat of the prey, and drink the blood of the slain.

Deuteronomy 28:53

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:

28:54

So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:

28:55

So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.

Leviticus 7:27

Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.

• Pro-Pedophilia Pro-Rape

Numbers 31:17-18

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Avodah Zarah 36b-37a:ย  ย  ย ย "Come and hear! A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition [intercourse], and if her deceased husband's brother cohabits with her, she becomes his. The penalty of adultery may be incurred through her; [if a niddah] she defiles him who has connection with her, so that he in turn defiles that upon which he lies, as a garment which has lain upon [a person afflicted with gonorrhoea]."

"Raba said. It means this: When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing, for when the girl is less than this [three years old], it is as if one puts the finger into the eye; but when a small boy has intercourse with a grown-up woman he makes her as 'a girl who is injured by a piece of wood.'[...]" Sanhedrin 54b

โ€œA Jew may violate but not marry a non-Jewish girl.โ€Gad. Shas. 2:2

โ€œA Jew may do to a non-Jewess what he can do. He may treat her as he treats a piece of meat.โ€ Hadarine, 20, B; Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 348

• Pro-Slavery and destruction of Gentile Nations:

Quote from the Jewish Talmud:

Simeon Haddarsen, fol. 56-D: "When the Messiah comes every Jew will have 2800 slaves."

Seph. Jp., 92, 1: "God has given the Jews power over the possessions and blood of all nations."

Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 348: "All property of other nations belongs to the Jewish nation, which, consequently, is entitled to seize upon it without any scruples."

Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 156: "When a Jew has a Gentile in his clutches, another Jew may go to the same Gentile, lend him money and in turn deceive him, so that the Gentile shall be ruined. For the property of a Gentile, according to our law, belongs to no one, and the first Jew that passes has full right to seize it."

โ€œKill the Goyim by any means possible.โ€ -Choshen Ha'mishpat 425:50

Ephesians 6:5

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

All of this is just a small example of the thousands and thousands scriptures on the Abrahamic Faiths that do exactly what us Satanists/Pagans are blamed for ignorantly.

Satan names derives from Truth, Eternal Truth and all similar, in the only language that it means "Enemy/Adversary" is in hebrew. It tells you a lot about it.

Report Reply

Reply by M1k3y

posted

Hollywood

Report Reply

Reply by rubí

posted

Ignorance.

Report Reply

Reply by Nekromangler Goatmachine

posted

Because that's what all the COOL (theistic) Satanists do

Report Reply

Reply by mewtie

posted

A part to blame is on fiction novels, there was a canadian author who wrote a book about a sacrificial satanic cult and it spread propoganda to America, I forget the title but I referenced it in a research paper I wrote.ย  A lot also comes from the Satanic Panic and the murders of the West Memphis Three.ย ย 

But really, uneducated people aren't completely to blame since Satanism as a religion was made to spark controversy and get people scared and questioning their beliefs.ย  It's not their fault for automatically assuming a religion named after Satan would be inherently evil, that's just kinda how it is.ย  It'd be cool for it to be more widespread and known, and I think we're seeing that recently with the "after school satan club" incident, but then would that ruin the point of Satanism?ย  Eh who knows

Report Reply

Reply by stxr_gxrl

posted

i mean in the christian religion satan is the bad guy, so of course people are gonna assume that we do bad things. i cant 100 % blame them, because that association is what theyve been taught their whole life. they just need to be educated i guess. i wish they wuold do that with all beliefs in schools, it would be interesting to learn about and it would reduce a lot of hatred stemming from fear.

Report Reply

Reply by max

posted

extremist and radical christianย propaganda,ย peoples fear of the unknown/new, etc etc.. fear turns into hate most of the time ig! we can't do much about closemindedย people

Report Reply

Reply by โ›ง Scottie โ›ง

posted
updated

Satanism opposes the Catholic church. While the church prances and preens about how good they are and how we should turn to their โ€˜saviourโ€™ Jesus Christ, the Catholic church is really the most hateful organization.ย 

Catholicism and the media have painted Satanism to be a religion that worships Satan, meanwhile it just opposes the church. Yet, Catholics and Christians tend to think that anything that opposes their God is evil and demonic, which in turn has made them believe that Satanism is the religion of Satan simply because his name is in the title.ย 

Satanism is actually a very beautiful religion- it prioritizes your happiness and soul and supports all people without exceptions. Christians are just so stuck in their ways that they refuse to believe that. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Report Reply

Reply by โ›ง Scottie โ›ง

posted

Satanism opposes the Catholic church. While the church prances and preens about gow good they are and how we should turn to their โ€˜saviourโ€™ Jesus Christ, the Catholic church is really the most hateful organization.ย 

Catholicism and the media have painted Satanism to be a religion that worships Satan, meanwhile it just opposes the church. Yet, Catholics and Christians tend to thing that anything that opposes their God is evil and demonic, which in turn has made them believe that Satanism is the religion of Satan simply because his name is in the title.ย 

Satanism is actually a very beautiful religion- it prioritizes your happiness and soul and supports all people without exceptions. Christians are just so stuck in their ways tht they refuse to believe that. idk

Report Reply

Reply by D4r1lCreeper

posted

u dudes pentagram was not about satan it was about womans beauty go read The Da Vinci Code (DONT WATCH THE MOVIE IS BULLSHIT)

Report Reply

Reply by D4r1lCreeper

posted

4ls0 why every0ne th1nk th4t s4t4n 1s 4 b4d guy

Report Reply

Reply by finn

posted

i think its the fact that we use the title satanism, which was used to stand against the most popular religion at the time and still now

Report Reply

Reply by arazyal

posted

lavey satanism is the most common form of satanism and it's only called satanism for publicity.
you might be thinking of thiest satanism when it comes to the bad rep.. and all things considered its more of just an offbranch of christianity

Report Reply

Reply by Misiek

posted

>Identify your religion with a biblical personification of evilย 

>"Why do people think we're heckin evil???"

Satanists are so silly, i hope u grow out of ur religious teen angst soon!!!

Report Reply

Reply by pecan

posted

satan is the embodiment of evil so when you worship that ofc its gonna be assumed to be bad stuff

Report Reply

Reply by leni

posted

This is a question I've been asking myself recently... mostly misunderstand and false information from The Churchยฎ

Report Reply

Reply by spl4tt3r3d.gutz

posted

i dont know :(

its just what christans made up >n<

Report Reply

Reply by Avery

posted

BECAUSE ALL SATANISTS ARE DISGUSTING LIBERALS. I bet you touch little boys..... liberal!

Report Reply

Reply by CloudyJester

posted

Because Christians mainly get to form the narrative about Satanists, particularly when it comes to Theistic Satanists. Rarely ever will someone actually seek out a Theistic Satanist's view on what Theistic Satanism is (which is nothing like what a lot of Christians, Hollywood movies or even a lot of LaVeyan Satanists say it is).

LaVeyan Satanists get a little more control over what information is out there about them and get taken a bit more seriously when they correct people, but even they aren't a person's main source on their own religion.

Report Reply

I think mainly thanks to the satanic panic movement which took place in the 60s (I could be wrong tho).

Report Reply

Reply by Marshmallow_Fluff

posted
updated

@Zecnetovk V.

It would be wicked of me to strip thy books out of its context, for whence upon further investigation, doth one see the Psalms as a book of raw expression, with the selected Psalm being a raw, agonizing cry to God for justice through revenge. However, God maintains a serious level of patience, with the natural course of things being that those who live by the sword shall die by it, and whatever we as humans sow into the world, there shall we reap it.

It is why I hold no sympathies for the Evangelical and Catholic Churches, for they have thrown a stumbling block of torture against those earnestly seeking the Cross, and are now receiving their reward after staunchly refusing to repent.

And, I suppose thou would never intentionally forgo the mention of these being animal sacrifices, as the sacrifice of a human is forbidden and considered an offense punishable by death, for the life is in the blood and God demands an accounting for every bloodshed.

Ah, cannibalism. Thy mention of it strangely forgoes the mention of picture language, as God is quite illustrative in His Words, and of course, the mention in Deuteronomy being a warning of a coming future should His people keep practicing prostitution, idol sacrifice, falsehood, etc. I mean, if one is willing to sacrifice their children by forcing them to enter the flames and be consumed, it would stand to reason the cannibalism of others is not far behind. In fact, your mention of Leviticus appears to condemn the act quite fervently.

As for the mention of Numbers, I see such a command came from Moses, and upon further reading shall we learn, he did not enter the promised land did he? Now, the Talmud is considered a blasphemous book, for the Bible considers Jews and Christians to be lights to the world, gentle and fair. Thus, I would see a contrast there, for any killing of other nations were repeatedly mentioned as the result of their lewdness, human sacrifice, abuse, with the nation of Israel facing the same punishment for committing the same crime, even more so because of their belief that God would spare them, but as seen in the Exile, He did not.

I suppose the crux of the Bible could be found in Ezekiel 18. Strangely, a merciful, tender piece considering the Old Testament's frequent portrayal of violence. Though, considering what machinations humanity has come up with in the modern day, such brutality has not disappeared from the face of humanity.

As for any knowledge of Satanism, perhaps examine from the mouths of former practicing witches and warlocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBT4weu-T10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN6HbnA1QGI

I do believe though, that there exists Satanists who merely seek it out as a blatant and perceived as effective way of revolting against the Organized Church, though perhaps one should examine the cost of such an response as the figure of Satan always comes to collect.

Report Reply

Reply by โฆIheartLโฆ

posted

Because you do, like, satanist=worships satan

Bro's onto nothing X'(ย  ย โ€ขฯ€โ€ขย  ย  TT

Report Reply

Reply by Fyrhp

posted

Because they're idiots blinded by their own religion.

Report Reply