« Back to the Shadow Weaving Forum

Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself and where you are on your self work journey here regardless of whether that work has included shadow work or identity work. I'll go first:

I'm Emmie, I'm a life coach, shadow weaver, gamer, writer, witch, and more. I really started my own self work practice a few years ago when I dove straight into shadow work. I had a ton of unaddressed trauma, had spent the 8 or so previous years trying to shove myself into a box I never realized wasn't meant for me, and everything was coming to a head so I decided to do something about it. 
I struggled with shadow work because it does require acceptance until I found identity work and life coaching. The key learnings with that pursuit brought me from a place where I now knew more about myself than I ever wanted to, to accepting these disparate parts of myself and feeling so much more whole, happy, and measured. I still have a lot of work to do. This work never truly ends because we have a constant stream of new information coming in that effects how we feel about ourselves and for me because that trauma I didn't deal with kept me from dealing with so much more like gender, sexuality, mental health, occurrences that were too much to deal with so I took it in and shoved it down. Now as I work on myself, I also do what I can to help others.

Report Topic

0 Replies