« Back to the SEGA Forum

SEGA . COM

Posted by Reggie Boruto

posted

Forum: SEGA Group

Sega.com in 1997 - 2002. Can anyone remember going to the site back in those days.
I myself was totally obsessed with SEGA, Here is stuff I can remember and was wondering what you all remember about the old SEGA.com website. Also anyone remember SegaWeb.com a weird spin off site not by SEGA but posted a ton of Shenmue coverage and JSRF ?
Anyway I remember SEGA.com had at one point Message boards filled with SEGA fans and in those message boards you could pic your own lil AVATAR sega pic ! I remember one point back in the day SEGA changed the site drastically because a famous SEGA CEO passed away, a very old man who was in documentary I seen later said to have Saved SEGA from using hihs own bank account. Also who remembers SEGA having their own messenger APP ??? U like AIM / MSN messenger ?  I can remember when you could purchase off their website a SEGA Dreamcast Broad Band Adapter. I later sold mine to a hard core SEGA fan back in 2008.

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lexi

posted
updated

Man I don't really remember any of this except for the fact that you could get online with the dreamcast. I wish I wasn't 7 when I got mine so I could have gotten online. I heard those broadband adaptors are real expensive now.

Report Reply

Reply by Reggie Boruto

posted

Oh yes the dreamcast was online in 1999. You could surf the web. Download a Mp3 song LOL. ANd if you had Sonic Adventure and went online with it you could enter a huge SONIC ADVENTURE chat and or SEGA Chatroom. Filled with mainly HARDcore sega FANS. IT was a DREAM COME TRUE

I was 14 when Dreamcast came out.

Report Reply

Reply by Lexi

posted

Wow it seems way cooler then the original xbox live, The only use for the browser disc for me was the game sega swirl lol

Report Reply

Reply by Reggie Boruto

posted

Oh I see. I played a TON of Sega Swirl :)

Report Reply

Reply by Carboniferous

posted

The old Sega site from 2000 was the best! It looks so slick and cool, especially with that dark theme it had. I wish Sega would go back to that design.

Report Reply