« Back to the sc3mo k1dz!! Forum

any old scene kids here?

Posted by moon gloom

posted
updated

Forum: sc3mo k1dz!! Group

i posted this on the bulletin too but i rly wanna be a scene kid like they were in the peak of scene culture but im not rly good at it so are there anyone who was scene at that time who has tips or anything for scene style? also any websites with scene clothes and accessories? thank u =))

edit: this was so long ago but i rly appreciate all the suggestions for sites and global brands cause i forgot to mention i live in saskatchewan canada lol

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Tayona Darling ♡

posted

Hai!!! I’m a “Older “Emo I’m 27 (not OLD) Names Tayona! 

Report Reply

Reply by eddie

posted

haii!! i’m eddie i’m 19 nd i wuz in elementary skwl when the scene craze blew up but i wuz still v much into it!! my biggest tipz r finding older scene hair tutorialz on youtube back in the early 2000’s-2010’s.. i also recommend checking out depop, ebay, nd mercari as u can find lotz of vintage hot topic itemz on there!! dinosaurz, rainbowz, monster energy, gloomy bear, all time low, asking alexandria, black veil brides, of mice & men, my chemical romance (they’re more-so emo but i still rope them in lawlz), pierce the veil, escape the fate, paramore, bring me the horizon, mayday parade, gir from invader zim, domo, my little pony, & cookie monster r rlly gud scene staplez as well as thingz like raccoon tail hair extensionz, studded beltz, skinny jeanz, jelly braceletz, silly bandz, rubber braceletz, high top converse, beaniez, tutu skirtz, bowz, checkered printz, striped printz, nd tbh jus any kind of printz in general usually as long as it has vibrant colorz on it (neon pink & neon green r HUGEE onez) thrifting iz also RLLY gud 4 scene style as long as u kno where to look (highly recommend checking out any bright neon shirtz or black clothing that u come across) makeup iz usually rlly heavy on eyeliner on both the bottom nd the top of the eyez but usually pretty plain other than that. i also rlly recommend buying lettered beadz nd pony beadz nd clear stretchy string 4 kandi bracelet making, u can find it either on amazon or placez like walmart, hobby lobby, etc. i used “go create! assorted pony beads” w/ “crystal tec stretchy clear string”. layering w/ accessoriez liek braceletz nd necklacez helpz a LOTT when styling outfitz. i think those r all of the tipz i have 4 now but lmk if u have any questionz!! i’d b more than happy 2 help!! gud luck!!!! =D 

Report Reply

Reply by drybl00d

posted

Hiyaaaaaaa <3

Report Reply

Reply by alter3go

posted

hiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! :D if you have any questions feel free to message me <3

Report Reply

Reply by xXd0llang4ng3rXx

posted

I was into a lot of scene culture growing up but didn't realize what it was called until like my freshman year of high school and decided to go back into it properly

Report Reply

Reply by SmallFry88

posted

Older scenemo here and there are tons of pics on Pintrest that look like how we looked in the 2000s. (33 here so I started in 2000 - 6th grade XD)

Just ask questions and look up some YouTube videos (they're still out there from back then). 
Hai! ^-^

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ sam ♡

posted

i guess i'm "old" scene, 28 :)

Report Reply

Reply by Petercat

posted

32 year old MySpace Baby over here 

Report Reply

Reply by JazzyBell

posted

Reply by Luna

posted

Elder Emokid here! Im soon 25 and still listen to some Bands xD I was a Scenekid from 2012 till mid 2015

In the meantime i now identify more as Goth and metalhead. Thats more my  thing now :)

Report Reply

Reply by Vansvanity

posted

Hey'a
Im a 24 yr old edge-bean from the spicy way back lol

Honestly I feel like the best way is making maybe a tumblr to go through aesthetic and time capsule pages to pull in what you enjoy the most from other elder scene kid we praised! 
... the time of relatable rolemodels for sure. 
But dont stress it to much! Watch some time relevant cartoons etc too

Something in all that made us the way we were lawl

Report Reply

Reply by SceneQween

posted

Hello, I'm a fairly new scene kid, I'm actually 21, always wanted to be one when I grew up but wasnt allowed. If you have a tik tok I highly recommend watching Tra$shmob and Clawedbeauty, they have scene and emo tutorials.

For shopping at places I recommend any sort of thrift store, they'll have something in them.
Here are other shops and places to get scemo stuff:
Silent Scream Clothing
Gloomybear
Hot Topic
Spencer's
Tokidoki
Sanrio
Emily the Strange
Skullanimals
Demonia
Dolls Kill
Too Fast Clothing
Juicy Couture
Manic Panic (for your hair<3)
Amazon
Depop
Ebay
Mercari.

For Youtubers follow acidmilk and heythereimshannon

Hope this helps

Report Reply

Reply by BadJujuRu3tw0

posted

Oi! Lmao present

Report Reply

Reply by Gorixology

posted

Im in my early to mid 20s and I'm happy to finally get into it without any issues. For me I mostly went to discount stores when I was living in NYC. But since I dont live there anymore I tend to go to the following

• Five and Below
  • Hot Topic (Clearance Section if you're on a budget)
  • Spencers
  • Journeys
  • Zumeiz
  • Depop
  • Facebook Marketplace
  • Temu
  • AliExpress (Takes over a month to come)
  • Thrift Stores
  • Walmart (Sometimes clearance is better)
  • Kmart (I use to shop there and put my clothes on layway)
  • Ebay
  • Amazon (50/50)

For Accessories

• Same stores as above
  • Dollar Tree
  • Family Dollar
  • Michaels
  • JoAnns
  • 2nd and Charles

You can always get inspiration from Tumblr but it might not be like the Tumblr some of us grew up on.

Shoes: BUY IN BIG KID ITS CHEAPER THAN MEN/WOMEN

• Same stores apply

Report Reply

Reply by Autymn

posted

33 yr old sc3ne kid here! 

Basically, you can find accessories anywhere. Just bc the fashion isn’t AS accessible as it used to be, keep your eyes open. 

I recently got pink and black striped fingerless gloves, fake eyelashes, leopard print mini backpack and Y2K stickers and tattoos from the DOLLAR TREE. So, I think the fashion scene is catching on somewhat bc they were literally labeled Y2K stickers. 

Temu-it’s fast fashion, it comes from China, but if you don’t have a lot of money to spend search “scene” and bang you got a ton of suggestions. 

•Neon Colors

•Leopard Print in unconventional colors (pink, purple, blue)

•Search hairstyles on Pinterest and you’ll be able to find a tutorial. Extensions in every color you can find on Temu, they come in packs, and you can get a pack for 1.98 on there. They’re clip ins, perfect bc the old ones you had to GLUE in. 

Old Scenequeens to look up: Hannah Beth, Audrey Kitching and Jac Vanek pretty much started the look, Zui Watts. Kiki Kannibal, Brittany Kramer, Heather Beather, Amor Hilton, Melissa Marie; there’s so many more. 

•Search Trashy Life on YouTube. Literally follows Zui and Audrey around from their old Buzzfeed show/blog. 

Report Reply

Reply by Autymn

posted

Basically, you can find accessories anywhere. Just bc the fashion isn’t AS accessible as it used to be, keep your eyes open. 

I recently got pink and black striped fingerless gloves, fake eyelashes, leopard print mini backpack and Y2K stickers and tattoos from the DOLLAR TREE. So, I think the fashion scene is catching on somewhat bc they were literally labeled Y2K stickers. 

Temu-it’s fast fashion, it comes from China, but if you don’t have a lot of money to spend search “scene” and bang you got a ton of suggestions. 

•Neon Colors

•Search hairstyles on Pinterest and you’ll be able to find a tutorial. Extensions in every color you can find on Temu, they come in packs, and you can get a pack for 1.98 on there. They’re clip ins, perfect bc the old ones you had to GLUE in. 

Old Scenequeens to look up: Hannah Beth, Audrey Kitching and Jac Vanek pretty much started the look, Zui Watts. Kiki Kannibal, Brittany Kramer, Heather Beather, Amor Hilton, Melissa Marie; there’s so many more. 

•Search Trashy Life on YouTube. Literally follows Zui and Audrey around from their old Buzzfeed show/blog. 

Report Reply

Reply by Autymn

posted

•Neon Colors

Report Reply