« Life Forum

Ear stretching

Posted by m&m

posted

Forum: Life

Hey guys ok so I'm stretching my ears and I'm currently trying to do the first 2mm jump from 2g to 0g, do yall have any recommendations/tips/tricks to avoid a blowout?! Also list your fav online body jewelry shops!!

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by π•½π–Šπ–“π–Šπ–Š

posted

I used single flare glass plugs from Arctic Buffalo to dead stretch. They go in like butter and they’re cheap too. I’ve been using jojoba oil to moisturize and so far I like it better than any balms I’ve bought.

Report Reply

Reply by xdoomsayerx

posted

Stretch slow.. Don't skip gauges.. Use natural like bone, stone ect.. Surgical steel..

Wash daily..

Report Reply

Reply by Flo [RAWR]

posted

I have no advice but I’m having the same issue! Just tried to jump to my 0g for the first time today using a metal taper and healing lotion and no luck yet!Β 

I have found that stretching is easier right after a hot shower!Β 

Report Reply

Reply by •chβ±―sing rβ±―bbits•

posted
updated

Make sure you tape up, from 2g-0g is a lot bigger of a jump than you’d expect, from there on I’ve always taped up with electrical tape to make the jump a little easier for my earsΒ 

Body art forms, plug your holes, and ask and embala are all lovely!

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

Get it done by a professional.

Report Reply

Reply by J@cki3

posted

Go slow. I had a blow out when I was 14 and stretched to 0g, so be careful. Use oil to lube, like vitamin e or jojoba.

Report Reply

Reply by Forrest

posted

I just did the jump from 2g to 0g. Go to a hardware store and get yourself some teflon tape (it doesn't stick to skin, just to itself) and wrap it around your tunnel. Every week or so do a couple more layers and you'll get to 0g pretty quick.

I tried using my taper that I bought all the way back in the fall of 2020 and it took about 4ish months to be able to stretch to 0. Use a lot of oil. Massage your lobes at least daily. Try and stretch after you get out of the shower/tub. Good luck!

Report Reply

Reply by XxOHeyItsKayxX

posted

Lots of Lube I sized up every 2-4weeks. Gotta say it was quite expensive but went up to 2 inches within a year

Report Reply

Reply by xX_toto_Xx

posted

Idk if I'm unconventional, but I have 16mm stretches (I'm european, idk how the g sizes work lol), and I went up 1 size every 6 months. I used one of these spirals. Removed everytime i showered and cleaned. Used no oils, but when slowly.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

Def go slow or get a proffesional, I did the stretch from 2-0 tho no problem.

My girlfriend ended up tearing one of her ears using really heavy jewelry in it, so be careful with that as well!! I know heavy plugs look cool, but it's not worth tearing your ear in half over 0.o

Report Reply

Reply by Nika ΚšβœŸβƒ›Ιž

posted

First of all,Β 

definitely don't rush. You'll regret it later if your ear rips or scars and 'ripples up'. It can be a bigger step than you think. As others have said I would advise you to tape your way to 0g. I know lots of people with 20mm and bigger plugs who rushed it and pretty much only have a small string of skin left around the plug, or had their earlobes just rip. They all regret rushing, but it's too late now... And also your lobe will probably not grow back together if you scar it. That might also be something to consider, even if you're not planning on taking them out someday.

You got plenty of time ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Kelsey <3

posted

I stretched with acrylic tapers and I doubt i have to tell u this but don't lmao, although it worked find for me just don't. never stretch too soon and don't double size up no matter how tempting it is. keep them moisturised so they don't get dry and stretching with jojoba oil really helped for me.

Report Reply

Reply by Angela

posted

DON'T STRECTH TOO QUICKLY!!!!! I made the mistake of doing that and I blew out my ear horribly, do ear massages regularly with vitamin e oil too, it helps the ears stretch easier. If a blowout does occur soak your ear lobe in salt water. Always use tapers when sizing up, I kept mine in for about a day then put the actual gauge in. Wait a few weeks before sizing up.

Report Reply

Reply by vampp9

posted

use tape. if you use tapers and it hurts, stop, it shouldnt be hurting.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by SKINLESS

posted

onne of my ears blow out to i had size back down and start from the beginngin curently at 2 gonna wait another week before i try jumping to a 0 agianΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by _kotakarnage_

posted

Using glass is the best and DO NOT RUSH STRECHES!!!! I and to quit stretching due to blow out and I let mine stay at one size for THREE months. Be patient!!!!

Report Reply