« Back to the Alternative Subcultures Forum

what altewrnative subcultures are/were you a part of?

emo? goth? punk? cybergoth? industrial?

I'm curious to know, what subgroup were you guys members of?

Report Topic

37 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by xxrottingbonesxx

posted

scene n emo!!

Report Reply

Reply by Shadow Bliss

posted

I'm a Goth.

Report Reply

Reply by mewp2002

posted
updated

I used to be a bit of an emo when I was 14, I used to wear all black with converse and a moody personality to match. I used to act really disinterested in everything in order to be percieved as 'mysterious', it's so painfully cringey to think about it now! XD

Nowadays I tend to favour more of a diverse aesthetic, so much so that I can't really give it a name. Although, I am really into pink things and J-Fashion, talking of J-Fashion, I did have a decora phase (the only reason I stopped it was becuase I was too scared of what others thought lol).

I take little bits of inspiration from lots of different styles and form it into my own. I take bits from 'alt' style, decora, goth, traditional Japanese dress, shironuri, 60s, gyaru, Y2K, 90s, menhera and kawaii styles.

As of now I frequent various vintage shops, a recently opened one in particular. It sells an abundance of beautiful items including vintage kimonos and yukatas which I have purchased two of. I absolutely love them and the prices are not too high either. I like to style them with more modern accessories such as hairclips, heels, unusual earrings, fake nails and belts to which I have recieved many lovely compliments when out in public. <3

Report Reply

Reply by eddie

posted

tbh i go back nd forth w/ goth, emo, nd scene XD

Report Reply

Reply by Xeliath

posted

I’d claim myself to be apart of the emo and goth subcultures :)

Report Reply

Reply by Rooster

posted

Honestly for me it is kind of messy. The best way I can describe it is if you took the most mainstream subcultures (goth, emo, punk, and grunge) and slammed them all together!

Report Reply

Reply by rat

posted

I'm a punk

Report Reply

Reply by maya <3

posted
updated

i’m punk but i listen to some music from a lot of different genres/subcultures too

Report Reply

Reply by Bear

posted

Punk and a bit of goth :)

Report Reply

Reply by GrungeBoi

posted

Grunge and Alt

Report Reply

Reply by luna

posted

goth n punk :-)

Report Reply

Reply by tobias

posted

metal and punk:)

Report Reply

Reply by x_Alyssa.Apocalypse_x

posted
updated

I’ve been a mix of Emo & Scene for a few years! I’m mostly Emo tho! :)

xx

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

Scene &emo and also like alternative a bit :D

Report Reply

Reply by Suburban Guy

posted

I'm into grunge, hardcore punk looks, mall emo/punk and late 90s-early 2000s pop punk/numetal fashion too

Report Reply

Reply by K4toR1_xX

posted

Soy emo desde más o menos 12 años cuando descubrí está subcultura tan linda :3

Report Reply

Reply by xXskullstomperXx

posted

I used to be emo when I was younger but I consider myself metalhead and a bit trad punk now.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝐶𝑚

posted

currently im bordering between grunge punk and youkai nation (iykyk) ive been part of the community for a few years now

Report Reply

Reply by Sarah <3

posted

I kinda always grew up around alternative music from my mom like the smiths, the cure, and guns n roses but I didn't really get into it until 5th grade and I got into new age emo like pierce the veil, bring mr the horizon, etc. then in middle school I got really into punk and discovered more through out the years, I had my phases in-between (nu metal, screamo, black metal) but punks always stuck with me probably because of the politics and sense of community.

Report Reply

Reply by Draca

posted

I consider myself goth but I only recently got into the music

Report Reply

Reply by xXWolfeXx

posted

Started off in rave, found my way through friends to industrial, then floated around those two and goth for like the last fifteen years x.x

Report Reply

Reply by R4PT0R

posted

Punk with a little influence from emo, scene, grunge, goth

Report Reply

Reply by Xx.G0dz1ll4.xX

posted

Emo + Scene = Scemo

Report Reply

Reply by PaigePajic

posted
updated

Hello, 

Emo Elder here. 

</3 RaWr xD 

But alas, I've retired from those beautiful days. 

I was so nostalgic for the myspace days that I've found myself here. 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Report Reply

Reply by xenon

posted

pastel punk

Report Reply

Reply by PASTY FISH FOR ALL

posted

goth nd emo ig,, 

ive always been in love with the respective music/aesthetics since i was in elementary school but ive only been able to actually "dress the part" within the last year or so :p

Report Reply

Reply by Gorixology

posted

Blend between emo, pastel goth, and slightly preppy goth

Report Reply

Reply by raven🦇

posted

im trad goth ^_^ when i was about 12-14 i rocked back and fourth between being emo and goth and at one point scene!! :3 but im just goth now lolol

Report Reply

Reply by dakota🦇

posted

I used to be gyaru a year ago !! specifically kogyaru! but right now im  trad goth/ romantic goth although once in awhile i still do dress up gyaru (i still have my gyaru clothes and it would be a waste not to use them sometimes!) i also still listen to some gyaru artists lol

Report Reply

Reply by kayla-may

posted

i feel like its so difficult to choose one aesthetic to describe me. i have the music taste of a trad goth but the way i dress is sooooo far off! maybe something like trashy 2000's y2k goth whore? pure raging screaming trash with a touch of pink maybe? 11 year old boy even? who knows

Report Reply

Reply by xbattykatx

posted
updated

im apart of the goth and metalhead scene 

but i use to be heavily into the whole scemos and that type of stuff <3 

Report Reply

Reply by Spaceoddicy

posted

Used to be a HUGE scene kid growing up but became cyberpunk !!

Report Reply

Reply by LofeYy

posted

when i was a preteen i used to be more on the emo and scene kid side, ngl some toxic sides of the comunity at the time made me go more to the glam rock side but nowdays im actually a goth haha, still love emo and other alt subcultures but in terms of ideology, art and all ive been goth for about 2 years now. 

Report Reply

Reply by Xclover.screamsX

posted

I rlly more grunge than anything but im super into punk and emo too :P

Report Reply

Reply by Star☆

posted

Scenemo/goth/skate I want to get into gyaru but I don't have the resources yet

Report Reply

Reply by Eddison,Eddie,Hewitt/hewiey/huito

posted

Goth, metalhead, and punk