« Back to the SEGA Forum

Whats your favourite Sega console!?

Posted by Tyresome

posted

Forum: SEGA Group

Come on then everyone! What's your favourite Sega system!? 

Mine's gotta be the Dreamcast. That evolutionary controller is still king in my eyes! I really think if it could have played DVD's like the PS2 then we would still have Sega hardware today. 

Report Topic

21 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

Saturn, 100%.
Even the menu is cool as hell, and it has some of my favorite games on it.
I love Master System 2, it has one of my childhood games, but that's the only game I ever had for it.

Report Reply

Reply by Julian Kim

posted

Sega Megadrive and Game Gear are my favourites. I always played Sonic the Hedgehog.

Report Reply

Reply by Lexi

posted

Mine would have to be dreamcast

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

The Mega Drive (Genesis)

It sparked my love for gaming and I have so many memories of couch co-op with my friends  playing Golden Axe and Streets of Rage.

Anyone else a fan of Sensible Soccer?  

Report Reply

Reply by Lau

posted

SEGA MARK III. I just love it's design and the cover art of its games. 

Report Reply

Reply by SWH (Punk Jesus)

posted

Megadrive/Genesis without question. Many of my favourite games of all time are on there. It was also at the perfect point in my life. 

I remember fondly helping several people get past the stampede level on Lion King, finding the secret Red Sphere/Blue Sphere only mode of Sonic and Knuckles when you pot Sonic 1 in it and hit all face buttons on the control pad, and even just enjoying the Rollerbob levels in Toy Story.

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

The stampede level?!  
I couldn't even make it past the one where you have to jump through the monkeys and on the giraffe heads.

THE most frustrating game i've ever played, one day i'd love to go back and finish it.

Report Reply

Reply by Julian Kim

posted

@Death Cab for Lukie

Well Golden Axe was also my favorite. I played myself on my PC as well the Megadrive Version. The duell Mode was really the hardest and I even could not finish the game :-(

Report Reply

Reply by LOCAL ARCADE PUNK

posted
updated

The Sega Genesis.

It has some of my favorite SEGA memories:

Mutant League Football. Streets of Rage II. John Madden Footbal 93: Championship Edition. Comix Zone. Coach K College Basketball, General Chaos, etc. 

I tried mentioning the exclusives, and not all the arcade ports, games available on other consoles etc.

My friends & I put hours into these games. 

Report Reply

Reply by hallucinogenicHypnotist

posted

I loved all the series that started on the dreamcast and a lot of the dreamcast exclusives, imagine the games we would have today if the dreamcast didn't flop

Report Reply

Reply by LeakySponge

posted

Reply by 77razr

posted

I want the saturn to be my favourite but just haven't found the games. It's the megadrive.

Report Reply

Reply by _Going_to_Gerany_

posted

Mine has to be the Sega Genesis!

Report Reply

Reply by HyperSAM

posted

Had to think on this question for a while. For now, I'd say it's the Genesis. There's a lot of great games on there I had a lot of nostalgia for, and some quality stuff from it's addons the SEGA CD and 32X as well.

Report Reply

Reply by aquakat

posted
updated

Sega Genesis! I think that was the only console from Sega that I had the most memories with, but I was also introduced to the Dreamcast, but it was mostly my uncle's gaming console.

Report Reply

Reply by gmoney

posted

I'm gonna have to go with the underdog here and go with the Saturn.

It was the best 2D console of all time and had a lot of great games on it as well as great arcade ports. It also makes a nice CD player too and has a cool startup sound.

Report Reply

Reply by Natalie

posted

Something about the Saturn always appealed to me, maybe just how the little thing looked or some of the wackier games on it

Report Reply

The Dreamcast, definetly. The virtual save cards are based and one of my favourite videogames of all time, Sonic Adventure 2, is from that console.

Report Reply

Reply by ajmetz

posted

Totally fell in love with the Saturn, and it got me hyped for the Dreamcast, =).

I missed out on the 16-bit era - my parents were too cheap to buy a Megadrive or SNES at the time so I was only able to have a second hand NES and Master System, lol.

So I was eager not to miss out on the next-gen consoles, ignored the PlayStation, and waited patiently for the N64...got Mario 64 and Turok Dinosaur Hunter on day one, and was blown away....however, despite Mario 64 deserving all the "Best Game Ever" hype of the time...as a teenager, I couldn't afford the expensive cartridges, and there simply weren't as many games...but what was this...!?

Sega Saturn reduced in price for 1997? Incredible games like Fighters Megamix going for £5 with a free second controller chucked in? NiGHTS into Dreams for £15 with another free 3D Analogue controller this time!? Virtual On being the closest thing to a Transformers game at the time. Amazing RPGs like Dark Savior and Story of Thor. 10 player Saturn Bomberman for £3 in Dixons because someone had stolen the box, so only the disc and manual were for sale? Er....yes please! And then what an amazing 1998... Sega Europe sending me a review copy of Deep Fear *swoon* The beautiful Riven point and click! The incredible Final Fantasy VII beater - Panzer Dragoon Saga! =O....!!! <3 Even 1997 was amazing - project Sonic had culminated in Sonic R....which was an absolute blast. Anyone who tells you the controls are tough hasn't learned to use the shoulder buttons when turning in addition to the directional controls. It's an incredible game, =). Steep Slope Sliders felt like a Cool Boarders beater - again, only £14.99 in a second hand store. Saturn games were so affordable - I bought loads, =D, <3. And as soon as I finished NiGHTS, Sega Saturn Magazine gave away Christmas NiGHTS on their cover, and I simply kept on playing, =D. Such amazing memories of 1997-1998. I'd begun 1997 a bit disappointed with the Nintendo 64...and ended 1998 ready for what Sega had planned for the Dreamcast launch of 1999....inbetween were some of my best gaming memories with a Saturn....and eventually my best friend helped me afford a chipped Japanese Saturn to play CD-Rs from the internet, and imported games...and I got to play all the games I wanted to get but couldn't find...I even bought up controllers cheap and took my machine to a night club in London for a 10 player Bomberman tournament, =). The console has delivered for me time and time again, and I love all the great experiences I've had with it, =).

Report Reply

Reply by famon

posted

It's gotta be the Dreamcast. Even though I've never owned one, I have been wanting to own one for years. Out of every console, the Dreamcast's design is my favorite. The history behind that console is so enthralling to me too. The games that were made for it like Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, SA2, and many others are so of their time and I think without the existence of the Dreamcast, such interesting and amazing games would never been made. I hope the sands of time never erase the Dreamcast. It is one of my favorite consoles of all time. 

Report Reply

Reply by CyberLocke

posted

I enjoy the Sega Genesis alot

Report Reply