« Back to the Emo Music & Mood Boost Music Forum

Moods & Music

So when im on the manic side, i love listening to blood pumping, generally fun uplifting music to kind of steer my manicness to more just energetic positivity (not always easy). When im feeling low, emo / depressive music is my go to. For some, it just depresses them more, but it works more like “a hair of the dog that bit me” as in, sad feels + sad music = more level mood. Does anyone else work like this?

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by xXLil4cLuXx

posted

To me agressive and emotional music can help me get through emotions easier, explains what I feel and it helps me let it out, often calms me down, it basically gives words to what I can't explain. I have a problem with feeling numb most of the time, so having something that connects me with feelings makes me feel more alive. And music like metal suck the bad emotions out of me.

Report Reply

Reply by Jack Raven

posted

I deffs feel that. ADTR was my first real use of agressive stuff to get myself in check (back when they were heavier)

Report Reply

Reply by Jack Raven

posted

That last song you showed me is a perfect example of a song i would listen to to boost and sway

Report Reply

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

It pretty much works for me this way, too. I used to have a playlist on Spotify called Feelgood Uplifting, but I eventually disbanded it after squeezing every drop of dopamine out of it that I could. I also made a mix cd in grad school called "The Soundtrack to Your Survival" which was full of pump-up music to fight off the anxiety, depression, and terror induced by the MAT program at Towson. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jack Raven

posted

Id say we work very similar in that regard. Except, you seem to have a bit more orginisation than i lol. 

Report Reply