« Back to the Paranormal Stuff Forum

Spooky places

Where are some of your favorite places you have wanted to visit that are paranormal? Here are some of mine: 

Roswell
The Winchester mystery house 
Salem
The museum that has Robert the Doll 
Hollywood hills sign 

Report Topic

30 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted

Aokigahara the suicide forest...oh yeah that is a creepy one

The Winchester House is pretty awesome too. I sure wouldn't mind visiting it.

Report Reply

Reply by ☾ aLe ☽

posted

Hmmm.... I don’t think I’ve ever actually thought about visiting haunted places. As a spooky things lover I’m questioning myself at this very moment.

I’m intrigued now though. Usually things just appear naturally in my life but it would be cool to visit to see what kind vibes I get.

Report Reply

Reply by Dan Keizer

posted

I went to Salem once. It has some cool historical buildings that you can tour through but otherwise it's a tourist attraction. You'll see about as much evidence of paranormal activity there as you would at your local Hot Topic.

Report Reply

Reply by Amoni Warren

posted

The Location is nowhere near me but the imagery of the Legend of the Bunny Man bridge is a horrific thing to think about. 

Report Reply

Reply by Squid Died

posted

the National Film & Sound Archive in australia supposedly has a poltergeist and a playful child spirit but iv never encountered either of them :(

Report Reply

Reply by Squid Died

posted

the National Film & Sound Archive in australia supposedly has a poltergeist and a playful child spirit but iv never encountered either of them :(

Report Reply

Reply by SC_Johnny

posted

I've been to both the Hollywood sign and the Winchester Mystery House. Nothing too interesting about the sign, just a modest hike, but the house is pretty unsettling. Nothing to spook me off my pants though.

Report Reply

Reply by bohreage

posted

Speaking of pleaces on Italian turf, I've heard one of the most haunted ones gotta be this island right off the shores of Venice (San Servolo Island). This place housed a sanitarium that was active until 1978, when the law against sanitaria was passed. To say the place has gathered tons and tons of negative energies through the centuries would be an understatement.

On similar tracks run the tales of Consonno, an abandoned village in Lombardy. My friends went there and said it didn't live up to the hype about it. All they found were two stoners walking down memory lane by telling them stories of all the rave parties that used to take place there before COVID times and constant police raids lol

On a much smaller scale, I gotta say my lil hometown is full of abandoned houses that certainly give off spooky vibes. Maybe it's just down to their external outlook? When I was a kid, there was this huge high school building that had been abandoned since the early 90s. It was a religious type of high school. Needless to say, all the creepy stuff you could think of was there

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

One time I went to Golden Oregon and the Oregon Vortex after watching the Ghost Adventures episode about it, it was a long road trip but it was definetly worth it because the location is so beautiful, as well as creepy.

For those who don't know, Golden is a really old ghost town that used to be a mining town back in the day, it was basically ran by a really strict preacher who preached fear. The old church is the only fully standing building that you're still allowed to go into, and the atmosphere in there is super tense and heavy.

I don't really know how to explain the Oregon Vortex, but if you've ever been in one of those warped houses where people do demonstrations of weird gravitational effects, the orginal one is in the Oregon Vortex, and doesn't have a bunch of tricks to make it work. There's a lot of really cool things there that are supposed to be effected by intersecting magnetic feilds, if you're ever near Grants Pass Oregon I highly reccomend checking it out.

Report Reply

Reply by bohreage

posted

Kylie, that was an interesting read! Thank you so much for your input! Do you know if there are any documentiaries toucning upon the topic I could watch beside the Ghost Adventures episode you mentioned?

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

@bohreage

I don't know of other documentaries about Golden unfortunately, but I do know that the TV show Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files did an episode on the Oregon Vortex. The episode is called Into the Vortex/Tavern Shapeshifter season 2 episode 22. 

As for the history of Golden Oregon, I have a link here that can tell you about the history way better than I could from memory.

Report Reply

Reply by bohreage

posted

@Kylie

thank you so much for pointing me toward more info on the case!

Report Reply

Reply by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted

Kylie: Thanks for sharing. Both sound like good reasons to visit Oregon.

Report Reply

Reply by Joe Clark CGH

posted

In my more than 28 years of paranormal investigating, I've investigated some great places.

Some of my favorites:

Coal Miners Museum in Van Lear, KY (the most haunted place I've ever investigated)
The Old Hospital On College Hill in Williamson, WV
Waverly Hills Sanatorium - Louisville, KY (returning there next week!)
Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum - Weston, WV

Places on my bucket list:
Fairfield Infirmary (Fairfield County, Ohio)
Randolph County Infirmary (Indiana)
Sweet Springs Sanatorium (West Virginia)
West Virginia State Penitentiary (Moundsville, WV)
Sweetwater Mansion in Florence, Alabama

Report Reply

Reply by Irishwitch1980

posted

I've lived in quite a few haunted houses and checked out abandoned houses and buildings 

Report Reply

Reply by Irishwitch1980

posted

Winchester mystery house,the myrtles plantation, villisca ax murder house,the Stanley hotel,the devils tree,devils tramping grounds,the occult museum, are just some of the places I'd want to visit 

Report Reply

Reply by Gloomy

posted

I was really sad that Roswell was kinda boring. the alien museums n things were okay but the rest of it was just shops :(

Report Reply

Reply by Panther

posted

I have not personally been any where that has any paranormal activity going on. But I do have bucket list of places that me and my significant other would love to eventually see though. 

*Waverly Hills Sanitarium (Louisville, KY)
*Ohio State Reformatory (Mansfield, OH)
*The Stanley Hotel (Estes Park, CO) 
*Eastern State Penitentiary (Philadelphia, PA)
*Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast (Fall River, MA)
*The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum (Weston, WV)

We have a couple of places that we would love to see outside of the US as well but we honestly don't see ourselves traveling overseas at any point in the future. *Sad face*

Report Reply

Reply by Pixiestixxx

posted

I love all these replies 💗

Report Reply

Reply by Rie

posted

I've only been to a few, and they were already mentioned here, but they were intense experiences that I haven't talked about much so I thought I'd post about them.

WV State Penitentary
I could feel the energy as soon as I walked in the building. The worst part was the Sugar Shack though. As soon as I walked in, I knew I wasn't supposed to be in there. We went during the summertime and did a night tour, but I felt pretty chilly after we got in the room. It is underground, so I chalked the chill up to that. I started to feel pretty sick and nervous, so I told my boyfriend I needed to leave. He griped about it and said I was being dramatic, but I stressed that I felt I wasn't welcome there. Right as I said that, we both FELT the temperature drop. I gave him a look like "Do you feel that?" and he absolutely did. I said to the room "Sorry for intruding, I'll leave now" and we both broke out in goosebumps. I bolted out of there after that! My father was with us on the tour and doesn't believe in anything paranormal, but when we talked about the tour he said "I don't know what I felt there, but I definitely felt something". Great place to go if you want to have a full blown spooky experience and learn about prison history as well.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum

Felt increasingly ill the longer I was in there and when our group got to the criminally insane ward, I felt dizzy and like I was going to get sick. I wasn't overheated and I had plenty of food and water that day, so I really don't think it was because I was too hot. The feeling got better after we got out of that ward and I felt back to normal after I got away from the building after the tour. Proceeded to have the best brisket ever (they were having a BBQ event on the property that day) and had a great time, but I felt a little lagging in energy after that. Felt great again after waking up the next day too, so I strongly believe it was just because of the high concentration of energy there. Really fun experience though, would go again if the opportunity presented itself.

Oregon Vortex

I had a blast here! Got to try dowsing rods, saw the "tilted" building and got super motion sick when I walked in. Very sensitive to motion sickness so it messed with me a lot. The staff were super sweet and they have a great gift shop. Got a beautiful amethyst necklace (well made) that I wear all of the time. Absolutely recommend visiting!

Sorry for the essay, I hope someone finds it helpful though (:

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

This Friday my friends and I are taking a roadtrip to see the Ebenezer Chapel and Lafayette Cemetery, both in Oregon. We're planning on documenting it as well!

The legend behind the Ebenezer Chapel is that a priest murdered is 13 children there and burned them in the fireplace inside the chapel. There has been sightings of spirits, glowing lights, and voices both in the chapel and out in the woods, but it's usually more frequent at night, I don't really know for sure what time we'll get there but I really wouldn't mind if it was dark when we got there.

Lafayette Masonic Cemetery is said to be haunted by a witch who was executed in the 1800's, before her execution she cursed the town to burn down three times, since then the town has burned down twice. There have been numerous reports of people being screamed at and chased out of the cemetery by her spirit, and even being attacked and left with scratches, so much so that they unofficially closed the cemetery, people are still allowed to visit at their own risk.

Report Reply

Reply by ミ・◦・ミ bonbon

posted

any place in my area that is abandoned!! there r so many undiscovered things abt places like that… :>

Report Reply

Reply by Arlo(^·^)

posted

There are these rllly cool places in my hme town. for refrence we were a train town in the early times and there are quite a few places that are said to be haughted. so much so every year on halloween we do a tour of the haughted places in town. rlly scary stuff ngl its fun when you get to know the ghost stories tho.

Report Reply

Reply by 🖤💙️Sarah T️💙🖤

posted

Boot hill cemetery in tombstone Arizona, I heard that the spirit's of dead outlaws have been not only recorded in the cemetery, but the entire town itself! Pretty cool IMO.

Report Reply

Reply by sam

posted
updated

Ive been here as a kid, but The Hammond Castle Museum in Gloucester MA. I've only been on self-guided tours during the day, but they have Candlelight and Spiritualism tours at night, psychic readings and spiritual explorations I hope to do some day.

Report Reply

Reply by Madix

posted

I wouldn’t say spooky but me and my friends found this place hidden back in the woods with with over 60 old cars! There’s a bunch of trees and shrubs growing around them and they’re just sitting out there, some even have trees growing in front of them. Lots of them don’t have license plates or look like they’ve been torn off so it’s possible that they could be stolen but I haven’t looked into that.. either way I guess it’s a little spooky. 

Report Reply

Reply by freckles

posted

i've researched a LOT of places and i rlly want to go to the conjuring house and the lizzie borden axe murder house. both seem to have a rlly crazy energy to them and im super sensitive to that stuff.

Report Reply

Reply by BuffyBaby

posted

There's a forest near my town that has strange stuffz in it! I once saw a Notdeer there (look up its either a cryptid or a decaying deer) and a bag of myztery meat in treez!1!

Report Reply

Reply by Elsiskool

posted

town over had had its own little cry baby bridge it closed a few years ago. It’s quite a hike in the woods but its aways nice to see local spots (+ Florentine in Germantown i’ve never been but it’s a historical hotel lots of gun fights back in the day)

Report Reply

Reply by Spideyy003!!

posted

Salem! is a good historical place but I got rlly bad vibes while staying on there + a encounter w a stranger that made it MORE creepy that it should be !!!! [be careful in the night with strangers guyssss]

Report Reply