« Back to the Paranormal Stuff Forum

Precognitive dreams

I was wondering if you ever experienced precognitive dreams. 

I wish I hadn't this "super power" :/
Everytime something unpleasant has to happen, I have those kind of dreams. 
Last one has been yesterday night. In my dream I was with my boyfriend with my grandma and my aunt (both of them passed away some years ago) and we were entering in this apartment. My grandma said that it was hers. In the meanwhile many people were entering and going outside... When I entered I noticed that the floor was totally unstable. 
This morning my mum called to tell me that a family friend passed away yesterday night :'( 

Report Topic

18 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted

Hmmm I'm sorry to hear that . However I haven't had any dreams of that sort. However many of my dreams are indistinguishable from this reality.  Very realistic.  

I've had psychic abilities that come and go sporadically but I have no control over it. I believe everyone has that ability but it not always accessable due to all of the interference on this planet. That being said said my Dad has had dreams similar to that in the form of premonitions of car accidents. Both were very serious accidents. One was mine and one was my Dad's. 

Report Reply

Reply by ☾ aLe ☽

posted

I’ve had quite a bit of clear dreams of something that is about to happen in my life or to someone near to my heart. I kind of hate getting them because they always bring bad news. Most of my dreams make no sense what so ever as far as it being a reality. Sometimes I’m not even myself. So when I get those “is this really happening?” Dreams I wake up dreading my day. 

Report Reply

Reply by keegs

posted

i am sorry to hear that! i have had the exact same thing happen!

Report Reply

Reply by Lee

posted

Sorry that happened to you I have had something like this before it was terrifying.

Report Reply

Reply by Joe Clark CGH

posted

It's been a while since I've had one, but precognitive dreams are quite common with me.

Report Reply

Reply by Akephalos

posted

I used to have them every week, however the "precognitive" dreams I have now ARE really close to reality but what happens in them is incorrect - something I'm perplexed by. This happened after I got into spirituality/religion, but I don't know if it's just a coincidence or the cause

Report Reply

Reply by Laurence

posted

I've experienced them - usually a short vision about future events. I even dreamt about my future GF before we met.

Report Reply

Reply by Bean

posted

I have them all the time, I've predicted my last three partners down to the detail, I've also seen flashes, slashes,  and explosions of light as I'm falling asleep and I've figured out I'm feeling others deaths so far I've felt a stabbing, poisoning, a crash, and getting my throat slit. I'm not sure why I can see and feeling things though.

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

There's been a couple times my dreams predicted things that happened, or because of the predictions stopped things from happening...

The first time I remember this happening I was in 8th grade and I had a nightmare that someone at my dad's work came in through the wrong gate in one of the trucks and crashed into my dad. I told my dad about this dream which weirded him out because he hadn't even complained to me about his coworkers bringing the trucks through the wrong gates. Because of this he immediatelty reported it to his boss and got it taken care of.
The more recent time this happened was last night actually. I dreamt that my girlfriend's ashtray caught on fire, which spread to her curtains and so on before I could put it out. Today I found her ashtray embering and on the verge of catching on fire and I immediately put it out.
I would love to hear anyone's explanations as to why we get precognitive dreams, it's a pretty cool and unique phenomenon and it's always blown my mind whenever it happens, even if it's as small as dejavu.

Report Reply

Reply by Karma

posted

I often have these kinds of dreams. Usually i just dream about a specific moment or conversation but sometimes i can dream about a whole hour or day months or even years before they happen, though the most startling for me was when I dreamt about getting in a car crash the day before i was told my family member had died in a crash.

Report Reply

Reply by myles <3

posted

it runs in my family to have dreams of people before they die. the most common precognitive dreams i get r when something big is  about to happen or  a change in my life (whether emotionally, spiritually, or otherwise) is abt to appear. they're never scary but they can be overwhelming. they don't feel like nightmares but they're kinda unpleasant. large good changes however r usually peaceful and full or happiness and energy. 

Report Reply

Reply by dumbsophia

posted

I've had a few precognitive dreams, most of them were small things, for example getting a pet, a friend of mine has precognitive dreams all the time and luckily they're good dreams, for a while she dreamt about her now boyfriend and it was really fun to hear her talk about them just for it to end up to be true :)

Report Reply

Reply by Dana Scully

posted

I have, once or twice. The one I remember best is when I dreamed my next-door neighbor broke his hand in their sliding glass door. The next day I saw him coming home with a cast and stuff on his hand/wrist... I asked him what happened, and he said he broke it in an accident at work.

Report Reply

Reply by Gabby

posted

I had a dream about Christina Grimmie’s death. When I was younger maybe like 8 years old I had a dream of a celebrity dying at her meet and greet. I woke up and went to the kitchen and my brother said some girl died at a meet and greet. I told him I dreamt about it and he didn’t really believe me. It was just really weird.

Report Reply

Reply by DR0M1E

posted

i have weird dreams where ill be doing something rlly random and unimportant and then like a day to like 6 months later ill do it. and sometimes ill forget the dream until it happens. its never anything important tho

Report Reply

Reply by Ollie

posted
updated

I've had somewhat of a precognitive dream, I'm not sure if I should really classify it as one, but it is definitely a weird coincidence. 

When I was around 4-5? I wanna say, because we had just moved into the apartments at the time, and this was about a year or so after. I had dreamt about a black-and-white carnival, it was mostly grey but had black-and-white characteristics to it. 

The dream started out with me walking down this pathway that was lined with black picket fences, like the sharp goth ones, and as I'm walking I heard music in the distance as I was getting closer and closer to this carnival-looking type of thing. But just before I could reach the carnival, it was like I was grabbed and dragged backward from it. I ended up waking up screaming and balling my eyes out.  

And then here recently, because years later I got into creepypasta, mind you the dream happened back in 04' or 05', and I happened to get into creepypasta around 2015/16. But here recently I got to thinking about it while listening to Jordan Persagati (I probably butchered that, real sorry!) talking and drawing out the Laughing Jack Creepypasta, and I was thinking, "Holy shit, that sounds almost exactly like what happened in my dream from when I was a kid." 

Obviously, creepypasta are not real and never will be. But I do find it kind of a weird coincidence. 

Report Reply

Reply by VictorL

posted

I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I've had these sorts of dreams. They haven't had much significance in my life, only small moments but they've still been completely correct every time. One example was from years ago, the summer before I was in third grade. The dream was some kid in front of me messing with a card and that was about it, but I remember a few weeks into third grade I saw the same events happen in that order right in front of me. It's happened a few other times but that's really the only one I remember. 

Report Reply

Reply by Marianne

posted

I've had a couple of dreams like this. 

Once, I dreamt I was comforting someone similar to my younger brother who was hurt.  I woke up from the dream when the phone rang.  I asked if it was my grandparents calling.  Instead, it was staff from the group home my brother was in saying he had pretty much broken his arm.

I also had a dream the night right before I got termed from my second Disney College Program. Basically, I just remember being told something along the lines of that I was going to be let go.  And sure enough, I went to clock in for my shift and was told they had to term me because they couldn't find a different role for me to perform.

Report Reply