« Back to the 80's lovers Forum

Favorite singers and groups

Which are your favorite singers and groups from this period? No matter the kind of music they play, just write down the names of who manages to give you goosebumps!

Report Topic

65 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by LostAngel

posted

Reply by Shape of Shadows

posted

my top favorite from the 80s is probably Skinny Puppy 

Report Reply

Reply by reneessance

posted

Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, The Cure, The Smiths (fuck Morrissey though), Echo and the Bunnymen, Tears For Fears, Death, old school Metallica, Iron Maiden, and more I'm sure.

Report Reply

Reply by KarasuTengu

posted

Sounds strange, but it's early thrash speed metal and italo disco. This kind of music was only in the eighties

Report Reply

Reply by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted

In no particular order: TNT, King diamond, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Toxik, Realm, Fates Warning, Cacophony, Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, Yngwie Malmsteen, The Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Testament, Death, Solitude Aeturnus, Ozzy Osbourne, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Killing Joke, Loudness, Mortal Sin, Dark Angel, Whitesnake, Agent Steel, Watchtower, Seiges Even, Rage, Apocrypha, Dio, Vicious Rumors, The Police, Robert Plant, Gene Loves Jezebel, Dokken, King's X, Motorhead, Anthrax, Slayer, Coroner,  The Misfits, Bathory, Venom, Judas Priest, there's tons of 80s goth bands that I like that I can't remember the name of. Probably like at least a hundred more bands overall that I can't think of right now haha.

Report Reply

Reply by Frenkli

posted

I love almost everyone from the 80s

Madonna, MJ, Whitney, Elton John, George Michael ,Duran Duran, INXS, Blondie , Eurythmics, Bananarama, Stacey Q, Laura Branigan (love her so much) there’s so much more but I just can’t think cause they’re all amazing

Report Reply

Reply by The Exotic Neurotic

posted

Fatback, Lakeside, Parliament, Funkadelic........ :)

TO THE LAND OF FUNK!

Report Reply

Reply by goodsie

posted

mmm too many to list... off the top of my head: Talking Heads, XTC, They Might Be Giants, Kate Bush, Oingo Boingo, Devo, Cardiacs, Nomeansno, Minutemen, Sonic Youth!

Report Reply

Reply by Steve

posted

I know technically most of these aren't really '80s bands, but they had hits in the '80s so .... Styx, Foreigner, Journey, Asia, Whitesnake, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Asia, Deep Purple, Moody Blues ....   So many bands made 'comeback' albums in the 1980s that were really great. I thought Deep Purple's "Perfect Stranger" album was awesome. And Moody Blues had a 'comeback' album during that time period, too, that I loved. Oh, and Electric Light Orchestra, can't forget them. I can't remember the name of their comeback album, either, but it was great, too. 

Report Reply

Reply by Boki

posted

When I was in the 80s I was often in black and the music went with it: the Cure, Depeche Mode, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Jesus and Mary Chain, Sisters of Mercy, The Call, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Siouxie, Echo and the Bunnymen. Of course, in the early 80s when suddenly the music video emerged it was all Michael Jackson, Cindi Lauper, Genesis/Phil Collins, the Cars, the Spoons, Honeymoon Suite, Loverboy, Madonna, Bananarama, the GoGos, B52s, Haircut 100, Style Council, Thompson Twins... Pop music, in other words. And meanwhile the dinosaurs of classic rock were still active: Stones, Van Halen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Kiss.

I realize as I write this that nobody's going to read my list, it's more an exercise in nostalgia for me, but I have all of that music and I still listen to most of it. Except Madonna... Never crazy about her. 

Report Reply

Reply by Boki

posted

I guess I am of the 80s. 

When I was in the 80s I was often in black and the music went with it: the Cure, Depeche Mode, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Jesus and Mary Chain, Sisters of Mercy, The Call, Bauhaus, Killing Joke, Joy Division, Siouxie, Echo and the Bunnymen. Of course, in the early 80s when suddenly the music videos emerged it was all Michael Jackson, Cindi Lauper, Genesis/Phil Collins, the Cars, the Spoons, Honeymoon Suite, Loverboy, Madonna, Bananarama, the GoGos, B52s, Dire Straits, Haircut 100, Style Council, Thompson Twins, Gowan... Pop music, in other words. And meanwhile the dinosaurs of classic rock were still active: Stones, Van Halen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Kiss.

I realize as I write this that nobody's going to read my list, it's more an exercise in nostalgia for me, but I have all of that music and I still listen to most of it. Except Madonna... Never crazy about her. Or Bon Jovi.

What I didn't listen to then, but do now, is the funk. George Clinton and the acts that spun out of the P-Funk Mothership. I also started into proto-punk with Sex Pistols and Buzzcocks and UKSubs but fell out of it until rediscovering punk about a decade ago. And also early rap... I was friends with a guy named Kish in high school who went on to have some limited airplay on radio and MYV with his rap career (his big hit: "I Rhymed the World in 80 Days"). Anyway, he introduced me to Whodini, UTFO, Run DMC, and the like.

So yeah, that's a list, I guess. 80s music. Makes me want to dig out the vinyl. 

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted

Bon Jovi, Guns N’ Roses 🌹, prince, Michael Jackson, van Halen, whitesnake, queen 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝐯𝖆𝖓☥𝖆

posted

been obsessed with prince since i was 9 :’)

Report Reply

Reply by Hankuken

posted
updated

Metallica, Scorpions,The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rammstein,Green Day, Bon Jovi,and obv Red Hot Chili Peppers  :D

Report Reply

Reply by Star Cloister (Matt)

posted

I absolutely adore Flock of Seagulls. They're not one-hit wonders in my book.

Report Reply

Reply by red_hot

posted

Me encanta Mötley Crüe, tenían un estilo increíble, todavía adoro otras bandas de esa época.

Report Reply

Reply by Rocker_Girl_4Life

posted
updated

Right now Van Halen (What a shocker ), Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osborne, Pink Floyd, KISS among others 

Report Reply

Reply by Sondra B

posted

iolent Femmes hands down all time favorite band!

Report Reply

Reply by ShiLorin Jones

posted

BonJovi-Living On A Prayer.

Report Reply

Reply by METAL VIXEN

posted

Pantera old Metallica Iron Maiden Judas Priest Motley Crue Poison Depeche Mode Lita Ford Bon Jovi

Report Reply

Reply by Br00klyn

posted

MOTLEY CRUE< POISON< ANTHRAX< METALLICA< WARRANT<DEF LEPPARD<ALL 80S HAIR METAL N HEAVY METAL!!!

Report Reply

Some of our favorites:  Prince, Michael Jackson, Rick James, S.O.S. Band, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Loose Ends, The Time, Cameo, Sade, New Edition, Whitney Houston, and Jody Watley.  

Report Reply

Reply by Central Presbyterian Church, Fort Smith, AR

posted
updated

Some of our favorites:  Prince, Michael Jackson, Rick James, S.O.S. Band, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Loose Ends, Run D.M.C., The Time, Cameo, Sade, LL Cool J, DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince, New Edition, Whitney Houston, and Jody Watley.  

Report Reply

Reply by Emm

posted
updated

I could spend weeks listing my favorite solo acts and groups. I didn't include singers or bands that for me overall only had one or two good songs. 

I'm GENX and my musical taste vary greatly. I am a classical trained singer and have performed and recorded professionally. 

Queen
U2
AC/DC
Beatles 
Gun & Roses
Bon Jovi
Van Halen
Stevie Wonder
Don Henley
Greta Van Fleet
Aerosmith 
Blondie
Michael Jackson
Whitney Houston 
Madonna
Tina Turner
Billy Idol
Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
Elton John
Prince
Foreigner
Styx
Supertramp
The Cure
Foo Fighters
Culture Club
Abba
LP
Peter Gabriel
Pat Benatar
Cyndi Lauper

Report Reply

Reply by jasper

posted

gnr, crue, metallica, the usual haha 

Report Reply

Reply by Ryan C.

posted

Hands down: all the cats that contributed to the Minneapolis Sound.

- Prince 
- Morris Day & The Time
- Jesse Johnson 
- Janet Jackson

My favorite songs:
- Anna Stesia by Prince
- Get It Up by Morris Day & The Time
- Be Your Man by Jesse Johnson
- Nasty by Janet Jackson

Report Reply

Reply by tannith

posted

wham!<333

Report Reply

Reply by Suburban Guy

posted
updated

The Romantics, Missing Persons, Generation X (Billy Idol), Dire Straits, The Cars, Hall and Oates, Tear For Fears, all them good musicians... Stuff like Joy Division, Suicidal Tendencies, Devo,
Talking Heads, The Smiths, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, The Police, etc. 

Report Reply

Reply by demoboy

posted

The Smiths (love Morrissey), The Cure, Talking Heads, New Order, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Church,  The Stranglers, Echo and the Bunnymen, Depeche Mode, The Sound, Violent Femmes, The Damned etc etc

Report Reply

Reply by Vinny

posted

Beastie Boys for sure!

Report Reply

Reply by _Going_to_Gerany_

posted
updated

1. The jets

2. Paula Abdul 
3. Kajagoogoo 
4. Duran Duran
5. Ready for the world
6. Lisa Lisa & Cult jam
7. Cyndi Lauper
8.Miami Sound Machine 
9.Van Halen
10. Journey

Report Reply

Reply by imnot.journey

posted

guns n roses motley crew bon jovi def leppard AC/DC aerosmith tears for fears journey ratt kiss twisted sister poison black sabbath zz top toto

Report Reply

Reply by it's imad b!tch

posted

probably micheal, cindy, janet, madonna and paula abdul

Report Reply

I LOVE Motley Crue, Poison, AC/DC, KISS, Guns 'n Roses, Scorpions, and Joan Jett!

Report Reply

Reply by Angel♥

posted

billy idol!! I get to see him live! 

Report Reply

Reply by Hannah

posted

Def Billy Idol. I was just drawn to him. His music is amazing

Report Reply

Reply by Flora sixx mustaine

posted
updated

Motley Crue, Megadeth, Maddona, guns and roses, aerosmith, billy idol, poison, metallica, Janet Jackson, Ozzy, etc.

Report Reply

Reply by Andi✨

posted

As a huge fan of the 80s, I love almost every artist from the decade but my all time favorite is my teen queen Debbie Gibson <3

Report Reply

Reply by Iron Pan

posted

Hello everybody I brand new here….I really enjoy music from the eighties- pretty much everything listed above with a few glaring exceptions- but what I really remember about the times was being exposed to live music for the first time. I was finally old enough to go out and see live music, and most of what I saw/heard was local effort with varying degrees of professionalism or musicianship.  I confess that most of the popular music of the day sorta drifted by barely noticed by me as I became very quickly enamored by local musicians playing original material.  My curiosity grew to include regional artists, artists from larger, more influential culture densities, and those from from really far flung, obscure places.  It was like living in a world of two musics, because, of course it was impossible to not hear Michael Jackson or The Allman Brothers or Madonna when I was flipping meat discs at McD’s or driving around with the radio on lookin for something to do, or waltzing around the mall…I just kind of got soaked in it for free. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted
updated

I really like Simple Minds, Peter Cetera, Eric Carman, Tears For Fears, a-ha, Ozzy, and Vixen. Those are the ones I listen to the most anyway.

Report Reply

Reply by Takeshi

posted

Some of my fav singers of the 80's have got to be Morrissey, Robert Smith, Bernard Sumner (Ian Curtis, too!), David Sylvian, Peter Murphy, and Martin Newell. These are all I can list off the top of my head, though.

Report Reply

Reply by Veezy Vanzai

posted

Rick Astley

Report Reply

Reply by St4rZ0mb13Bl00db47h

posted

I see nobody has mentioned Robin Zander yet.

Report Reply

Reply by PaigePajic

posted
updated

Hello.

I would like to start by stating I am definitely NOT an alien. 

Now that this is cleared up... 

I am involved with some other earthlings of whom make very 80's inspired music. You might just like it. Or maybe you won't, as long as you know that I am NOT an alien. 

Report Reply

Reply by PaigePajic

posted

Also, my favorite group from the 80s is Cocteau Twins :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Aly

posted

MJ, janet jackson, whitney houston, donna summer, heart, madonna, cyndi lauper, paula abdul, george michael, prince, boy george, the cure, joan jett, the bangles, the go-gos, pat benatar, lisa lisa and cult jam, exposé, tears for fears. 

these are just off the top of my head, i love 80s music so much. i could listen for hours and never get bored  

Report Reply

Reply by Data

posted
updated

By far my fav 80s group is The Talking heads, but I'm also partial to a certain weirdo in hawaiian shirts... lol

Report Reply

Reply by Rick-Astley official account

posted

yes it is me i will never give you up

Report Reply

Reply by Rick-Astley official account

posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I remember the good old days when i could just sing and everyone loved it

Report Reply

Reply by Stasia

posted