« Back to the 90s-early 2000s HipHop Reviving the Life... Forum

About the HipHop Baggy/Oversized Fashion

Baggy clothing has been deeply integrated with the hard working laborers in deep urban settings, it was normal to see anyone with oversized pants, tees nd all that. It's all part of the culture. Baggy clothing is comfortable and loose, one would move so freely and not feel restricted by very tight pants which in reality it is not good for you, the sciences confirm it.. you can look dat shit up yourself more bout it. 

Some will agree the style is dope and street, while others will say you look like a "bad person" or crazy, those saying that have no clue what they are talking about LMAO.. During the rise of HipHop the baggy style has been at it's upmost peak throughout the early 2000s to around 2007 before the arrival of those skinny shits. While about to turn 24 next month on December of 2021, you may assume that I got regular pants because I was a small kid growing up through the 2000s, I do got pants for every occasion, however I do not have those super tight jeans. I am building my wardrobe bit by bit to make the majority of my attire hiphop as possible of every hiphop brand there is like Rocawear, Fubu, Miskeen, Reebok/Mitchell N' Ness/Adidas NFL/NBA throwback jerseys, Eynce, G-UNIT, Vokal, Sean John and much more, including jewelry accessories like those long chain pendants and fresh white, black or colored tall tees, sports headbands, wristbands even fitted size 8 baseball caps etc.. THE CULTURE is as simple as light in day 

I've heard many millennials saying things like this: "I remember wearing that 4XXXXL white tee and baggy jeans, I miss that era so much, I wish it will come back" or "It was a cool era, tho I am grown and cannot dress like this anymore" or this "I can't believe I used to dress like that, how embarrassing SMH"

My response: NO ITS CUZ YALL ARE TOO WORRIED THAT SOMEBODY WILL CALL YOU OUT, YOU ARE DRESSED YOU ARE DRESSING NOW BASED ON WHAT SOCIETY IS SHOWING YA BEHIND THE MUSIC VIDOES OF CURRENT TRAP CULTURE which isn't Hiphop at all. I can discuss more about it on another forum posting, thanks for readin' 

Report Topic

0 Replies