« Back to the 80's lovers Forum

Something about us

Feel free to use this topic to tell us something about you!

I'm Miryam from Italy, I was born in 1981 and I'm totally in love with everything coming from this wonderful decade full of music, art, colors, events and its unique fashion. 
I have a lot of music musicassettes that I keep on playing and rewind with a pencil and I was wondering if  someone out there keeps on doing the same :D 

I love writing letters to my penpals (yes, it's plenty of people doing it and I'm one of them!), listening to music (especially dark wave, new wave, post punk and so on!), reading books and playing my bass ;) 

I hope that in this group we can share anything coming from that period: even old photos, pages from magazines and so on are more than appreciated!

Thanks to everybody who will decide to join ^_^

Report Topic

13 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lyrian Space Frequencies

posted

My name is Zach and I was born in 1980. I've been in love with the 80s for most of my life. I love the music, art, cars, architecture, designs, fashion and most everything associated with it. It just seemed like a bright cheerful happening time overall. I wouldn't be too out of place with my style of dress from the 80s either. I've always had the retro look going on.  

Report Reply

Reply by reneessance

posted

I'm Renée and I was born in '91. So I wasn't alive for the '80s, but I have such an adoration for the era that gave birth to some of my favorite music and fashion subcultures.

I love post punk, early gothic rock, and dark wave. Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Joy Division, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Tears For Fears, Echo and the Bunnymen, and more are some of my favorites from the decade.

I also love movies like Heathers, Beetlejuice, The Lost Boys, The Breakfast Club, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and more.

I love all trad goth fashion that arose in the early half of the decade. Fishnet everything, cross earrings, dark black makeup, high teased black hair, and lacy black dresses.

I also love the beginning of death metal especially bands like Death, as well as some of the thrash metal that began then too.

I like some of the lighter aspects of the decade as well, but those are definitely my favorite things.

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher

posted
updated

I turned 50 today! Proud to be born in 1971, and to have witnessed the 80s as a teenager. Everything from the music, to the TV shows, and the little odds-and-ends that we did. (E.g. wearing safety pins on our clothes to look cool).  Here's to a great decade!

Report Reply

Reply by Starbrite Sprinkles

posted

I'm JB, born in '85. I'm a mom, wife, wannabe pop princess (yasss, Debbie Gibson and Tiffany), baker, reader, My Little Pony collector/customizer, music trivia enthusiast, and more.

My mind is a lyrical vault. I can remember song lyrics like nobody's business, but I forget why I walked into a room. There are far too many artists for me to list because my musical tastes are eclectic. I love pop and hair bands. SiriusXM '80s on 8 is my number one radio preset. (Hair Nation is number two.)

Fave '80s movies are Dirty Dancing, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, LabyrinthSay Anything, The Goonies, The Last Unicorn, and of course, the most perfect movie of all time, The Princess Bride. Fave TV shows are mostly cartoons because that's what I was watching then - My Little Pony n' Friends, Jem, The Smurfs, The Snorks, Rainbow Brite. Also loved Full House, Family Matters, and Perfect Strangers. As an adult, I have developed a fondness for The Golden Girls.

As mentioned above, I collect My Little Pony and other vintage toys. I have a Pony Room in my house. My collection numbers more than 1,500 and counting (I have friends who have many more). I also customize and restore them.

Report Reply

Reply by Michael

posted

I grew up in the 80's, graduated high school in 1989. I love the music of the 80's especially what we used to call "college" or "alternative" (it's called indie now). The Smiths, Pixies, Camper van Beethoven, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Joy Division, so many great bands and songs from that era.

In the early 80's I lived in Jakarta, Indonesia and then moved to Lafayette, Louisiana where I spent the rest of the decade.

It's easy to sugarcoat the past but I think the 80's (and early 90's) were really a nice, fun time without a lot of the horribleness that we see today.

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

Hi I thought I would introduce myself. I just joined yesterday,so I’m just learning this site lol. My name is Kristie,I live in USA,the state of Pennsylvania. I’m 45 years old,happily married. Just like all of you,I love the 80’s.

Report Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

I'm Josh and I live in Virginia. I was born in 1981, so I got to experience the 80s from a kid's perspective and the 90s from a teen's perspective. Frankly, I feel that after 2000-2005, society just went down hill.

I have two young boys now and so I try to infuse a little bit of that 80s culture into their lives; I let them watch some of the cartoons that I grew up on (He-Man, Transformers G1, Garfield and Friends, etc). Unfortunately, my wife feels that our boys are a bit too young for many of the movies we had in the 80s, so they haven't had a chance to watch most of my movie collection, yet.

Report Reply

Reply by SinicallyTwisted

posted

Hello! So happy to come across this group! Born 1976, grew up in the 80's and I'm a mixed media traditional artist that likes to occasionally hit that 80's nostalgia button as often as I can, when I'm not dealing with commission work. I love drawing obscure characters and get a wicked kick out of people that recognize the characters that I've drawn. Makes my nerdy heart all a flutter! LOL

FYI: Totally a huge Jem fan. XD

Feel free to add me!

Report Reply

Reply by Amber Rueber

posted

My names Amber im 34 years old.

Im a wife and mother of 5 children.
Im a certified nursing assistant who works with the elderly and I absolutely love it!!
Im also a beauty influencer with Farmasi having a second income is always nice.
In my spare time I like to ride horses, camp, attend concerts, shopping and spending time with family.
I look forward to making new friends who share some of the same interests as me

Report Reply

Reply by Hope

posted

I was born in 1965, but I love certain 80's music, clothes, hair, movies/tv, trends

Report Reply

Reply by Jayy Horror

posted

my names jeremy and im goth n all that shit. i pierced my lip n then my parents got pissed off. intj 4w3 

Report Reply

Reply by Benjamin Bisconer

posted

Born October 1986 from teenage parents, earliest memories are in 1989 in the Bay Area

Parents were full blown 80's kids, still love all the music (Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Def Leppard, U2, Madonna) and movies (Empire Strikes Back, ET, Poltergeist, Blade Runner, Tron, War Games, Back to the Future, Aliens, Terminator)

Also my favorite car is the Lamborghini Countach

Report Reply

Reply by Old Lady Bea

posted

I’m Bea, a Halloween baby from 81’. I was a kid in the 80’s but I remember the music, clothing and a lot of the 80’s culture here in the USA. Skateboards, punk, pop, goth, new wave, fashion, the hair, the makeup and overall life style. I remember going out till the lights came on in the streets, drinking from the water spigot, riding my big wheel, watching Saturday morning cartoons eating Cap’n Crunch! I wanted to be Cindy Lauper and Mary Lou Retton when I grew up. It was a different time!

Report Reply