« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

Create your own website with Neocities!

Have you ever used Angelfire, Tripod, Freewebs, or Geocities? Neocities is a platform looking to bring back the (free!) personal static website. 

There's a slight 'learning curve' for those who don't know HTML and CSS, but it's really simple to learn (seriously). 

Check out what kind of websites the community is creating here.

The best part about Neocities, for me, is that every site created exists within the Neocities network. If you sign up for an account, you can follow your favorite sites and receive notifications of updates & the ability to comment. So basically, it integrates traditionally "lonely" website building with a social network.

This platform gives you the flexibility of making a website look exactly how you want, and you can post anything you want, too! 

Even if you're not good at HTML/CSS, there are so many resources for cobbling together your own site with little to no coding knowledge.

If you decide to make an account or already have one, feel free to post links to your websites below! Mine is here.

Report Topic

25 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lau

posted

Reply by V Holeček Art

posted

I had an angelfire page waaaaaay back in the day (Joe Cartoon was still a thing, for context).  I still keep a website these days for my artwork because honestly with so many social media platforms clamping down on "community standards", its nice to have some place to post my work that I can't get suspended or banned from.

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆Pixie⋆Milk⋆

posted

This is so cool! Didn't even know this was a thing, thanks for sharing!

Report Reply

Reply by jojo

posted

i remember finding neocities a few years ago when i was looking for free website hosting to host a website to play around with html and css just for giggles. i'm glad making websites and self-hosting is slowly coming back into the mainstream again.

Report Reply

Reply by Magnamoeba

posted

Neocities is awesome. Haven't made one yet (I don't know anything about HTML) but I'm going to soon for my new band when our first album is ready 🖖

There's some really cool pages people have made already

Report Reply

Reply by xXSandra_SandstormXx

posted

Oh that’s so awesome. Your posting good stuff

Report Reply

Reply by xXSandra_SandstormXx

posted

Oh that’s so awesome. Your posting good stuff

Report Reply

Reply by frogteeth64

posted

here is my site! https://frogs-webbedsite.neocities.org/ not much there at the moment but i have a lot of plans for the future :) i love neocities!

Report Reply

Reply by lebchen

posted

Neocities is so awesome and amazing and wonderful +_+

Report Reply

Reply by SafeInSanity

posted

That sounds real cool. Thanks for sharing!

Report Reply

Reply by joejoefashosho

posted
updated

Reply by ghostgirl

posted

yeahhhhh i have a website designed to mimic 90s web complete with a guestbook, directory of active (but abandoned) personal websites from the 90s, a 90s / early 2000s video player for retro comfort, and thousands of blinkies (remember those), banners, gifs, and dollz!

yupthatsme.neocities.org/

Report Reply

Reply by ⚣ Alex ⚣

posted
updated

It's not anywhere near done yet, but here's my site!

Report Reply

Reply by lain of the wired

posted
updated

Yeah neocities is awesome. Mine is unplug.

Report Reply

Reply by 🥓

posted

Damn...Geocities...I haven't heard of that for a very long time...I made a website back in 2003 or so...i thought it was cool to grab adverts and put them on my website...lmfao

Report Reply

Reply by 𝓬𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

posted

This is cool. Love it

Report Reply

Transcendence awaits you fellow cybernaughts.

Report Reply

Reply by CORKSCREW

posted

making my site right now!!!

Report Reply

Reply by lime360

posted
updated

I found neocities on adobe archive and on the old net

Report Reply

Reply by Axel <3

posted

I will try to make a website!!! IT LOOKS SO COOL!

Report Reply

Reply by -XxJOSHxX-

posted

Mines not so good but feel free to look it up

joshisking.neocities.org

if you visit please sign the Guestbook thxxx

Report Reply

Reply by Oh ZAMNN #3 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝔂 mfer

posted

I'm still workin on it, but here y'all are:

https://savestateofthenet.neocities.org/ 

Report Reply

Reply by playinhooky

posted

Just started mine a week ago, but I'm really loving it so far. I've got so many page ideas!

Report Reply

Reply by 𝓼𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂𝔀𝓲𝓯𝓮

posted

I love making Neocities sites!

https://spookywife.neocities.org/ is my personal page/portal
https://moegram.neocities.org/ is my Moe Can Change personal fan page

Report Reply

Reply by Kristian

posted

Gonna need to make one p soon

Report Reply