« Back to the Half-Life Lambdaposting Forum

How do you prefer to playthrough Half-life?

Lotta options these days.
Clean Steam install, modded weapons and systems like Brutal Half-life, or even through Sven-Coop with friends.
Personally, I really enjoy Sven, it's just too flexible to not use, but there's some madmen out there who play Half-life Source, for whatever reason.

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by pyro gaming

posted

all of them!

clean steam, mods (i prefer half-payne and hl:source fixed) and also i used to play sven co-op with mates

Report Reply

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

i've never gotten around to half-payne, but it's on my radar, along with that wacky spyro mod

Report Reply

Reply by DEfusion Sacbread

posted
updated

i prefer using a pc to play hl

Report Reply

Reply by Alveus Nosville

posted

in Sven on the Crack-life course with THE BOIS

Report Reply

Reply by awkward.violence

posted

this is the definitive way of playing half life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnGscfbCz1g

Report Reply

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

that is goddamn impressive

Report Reply

Reply by LittlePete

posted

Just the base unmodded game on Steam. It still holds up very well.

Report Reply

Reply by boxboxbox

posted

I PLAY. 

Report Reply

Reply by Carboniferous

posted

My preferred version of Half-Life is the Dreamcast version, since that's where I first played Half-Life. That version is also darker from what I can tell (as in, the lighting is less bright. Makes it feel spookier, like Black Mesa's power supply is failing.

On PC, I'm usually just fine with vanilla HL, though sometimes I do use a female-scientist mod just to spice things up a little.

Report Reply

Reply by Hadyn

posted

unmodded steam client will always be my go-to but i want to experience half life on the PS2 someday. unfortunately it's goddamn expensive to get your hands on a copy

Report Reply