« Back to the 2000s fashion trends and nostalgia Forum

feminine technology - comeback?

i don't know about you guys but i just can't stop daydreaming about feminine technology. why don't we use 99s-00s digital cameras for pictures, selfies, and videos anymore? the way we used to decorate these canon cameras, old laptops, ipods, computers, flip phones was insane but in the best way possible. it was unique and fun. to be honest it makes me quite mad that our flip phones used to look like hello kitty's puke and now it's just a regular ass shitty apple, samsung, etc phones with no personality whatsoever. a huge downgrade if you ask me. i think it's time to travel back in time and start expressing ourselves more through not-so-high-tech, stickers and glitter again!! 

what do you guys think?

to remember all the good times, here are some inspo pictures <33 :')))

Report Topic

35 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Clouded By Wonders

posted

yooo i always used to want to put rhinestones on something but never got around to it... my dsi was probably gonna be the victim hehe

i feel like i do see cases like this around every once in a while,, moreso ones like the one picture with the chanel logo you posted and less with just rhinestones... i think that smth similar might be popular in lolita circles?

i think that maybe the lack of phone decor has something to do with how often people tend to get them replaced. theyre manufactured to become obsolete within a few years, which SUCKS and so im buying a fliphone once my smartphone rly hits the shit.

(also unrelated kinda but i used to have that hello kitty cd player in the third to last image :3)

Report Reply

Reply by Tayona Darling ♡

posted

We had the Cutest Tech when we were Younger kids now we have to use cases as Flare and its Meh I think with the rise of Cell Charms etc we’ll see a Comeback 

Report Reply

Reply by Sommer

posted

You can actually BUY the old phones remanufactured and use them now. I’m so excited, I looked at so many different options, one was a side kick, another was a razor but they don’t really come cheap. Nokia actually remade their entire line though. Now I’ve got that banana phone that was popular in the 90s. But no one ever calls, and new cars have no CD player. so I just have to use my iPhone to text and play my music until someone makes it to where I can listen to my burnt CDs again!

Report Reply

Reply by rylie

posted

i totally agree! i hate all of the new technology, miss the cuter and less basic ones

Report Reply

Reply by iheartlara

posted

i  kid you not growing up i wanted a sparkly rhinestone-covered flip phone, camera and laptop so bad, probably from watching a bunch of 2000s teen movies (ノ´∀`)

Report Reply

Reply by Haydiebear

posted

omg!!! i absolutely would die to own one of those again, my mum used to own one of those, and i would play w it  :CC

Report Reply

Reply by cici

posted

i wanna buy a cute pearl pink digital camera this summer and decorate it with stickers and rhinestones and charms... it would be so fun ! and i totally agree, part of the reason for the decline is how obsolete everything becomes so quickly. i wish at the very least phone cases would be decorative; but they're so simple and boring now, and it you want good protection you have to sacrifice aesthetics. its so annoying

Report Reply

Reply by Julissa♡

posted

ughhhh yess !!! id literally pay any price for those phones . 

Report Reply

Reply by Joyy

posted

Omgg I've always wanted one of the hello kitty computers im looking in to buying rhinstones ans stickers to put on my computer <<<3

Report Reply

Reply by vixen

posted

YES! omg. i always wanted the baby phat flip phone when i was younger. i honestly want to get a flip phone just for the aesthetic and bling it up like old times, but it's so expensive... TT_TT

Report Reply

Reply by BubbleGumPop☆

posted

I actually got a bedazzled phone case once :3 but it wasn't pink, it was dark blue and light blue, it was really nice tho, till the stones started falling off lol

Report Reply

Reply by Carmen ⭐️

posted

god yes!! i remember seeing all the hot girls have rhinestones on their flip phones and I always wanted 1 so bad!!

Report Reply

Reply by sophie

posted

YESSSSSS! ive always wanted a badazzled pink flip-phone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by del xD

posted

i completely agree tech was soo pretty back- then i personally think it’s boring now<//3 i have a wii and a 2ds and i badazzeled them!! god i love being feminine 

Report Reply

Reply by Rose H

posted

yesss needs a comeback XD

Report Reply

Reply by juliette :3

posted

omg i wanted one of these so much when I was a kid.. kim from h20 had a bedazzled flip phone and I wanted it so bad

Report Reply

Reply by ღ 𝓷𝓮𝓱𝓲𝓻 ღ

posted

welll ik its not as popular anymore but! i got a skin and a bunch of cute stickers for my xiaomi from 2019, it was sooo pretty until the stickers wore off :/ but it still gets looks!!

Report Reply

Reply by bambi.x

posted

i wish but i don't think they will ever make a come back :( 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝑜𝓀𝒶 𝑜𝒸𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉 <3

posted

apple phones suck ass with the customization and color options, but ive seen alot of people be creative with their phones and decorating it in their own way through stickers, phone charms, cool cases etc ^_^ you should totally look into decoden cases if you want something more cuter and prettier. i love putting little charms on my phone especially of anime charas hehehe 

Report Reply

Reply by Rileyrose

posted

agree! technology used to look so fun back than

Report Reply

Reply by EviePirate

posted

the urge to blingify every tech item available in crazy T_T I just want my girly ipod back

Report Reply

Reply by Thalia

posted

This definitely needs to come back!!! I'm absolutely in love with this vibe n honestly it's superior to everything nowadays

That and translucent colored plastic for stuff like computers and controllers is super good

Report Reply

Reply by xXjuicyprncessXx

posted

yuppp i would love girly tech to make a comeback ! i've been thinking to buy this old docoma flip phone! its sooo cute

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Haru ♡

posted

That kind of customisation is still alive where I'm from. Y2K digital camera is the it item rn actually. Not in the 2000s mcbling style tho

Report Reply

Reply by edgelord 23

posted

flip phones are so cool

Report Reply

Reply by 💋

posted

as a society we need 2 bring this back asapp!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Kyra<3

posted

Petition to bring back rhinestone cases 🙋‍♀️

Report Reply

Reply by valentine

posted
updated

yes pleaseee,, i might not use this kind of technologies on a regular basis,,, but theyd be totally adorbable for pics or fits

Report Reply

Reply by Boop

posted

Omg yesssss!!!!! 

I LOVED my dad’s flip phone and want one so bad!!!! I’m thinking of getting the smart flip phone. Does anyone have/like it??

Report Reply

Reply by Sarahpook

posted

Omg I think this is kind of coming back with putting pictures and stickers in phone cases, phone charms, wrist straps, ect. I could definetly see bedazzling phone cases, or even phones coming back again!

Report Reply

Reply by Sarahpook

posted

Omg I think this is kind of coming back with putting pictures and stickers in phone cases, phone charms, wrist straps, ect. I could definetly see bedazzling phone cases, or even phones coming back again!

Report Reply

Reply by Lex

posted

I think that a big reason that they decided to stop making hyper fem tech is because it's easier to create and produce very boring and sleek products. I want cute products so bad >_<

Report Reply

Reply by Casstastic

posted

Omg I wish people talked about it more I wish those phones were still use able. I would love to have one  

Report Reply

Reply by Tavcore

posted
updated

I LOOOOVE cute retro electronics! my favorite in my collection is my pink hello kitty dreamcast! it matches my pink disney mini CRT as well :DDD

Report Reply

Reply by karla

posted

LOVE this <3 

Report Reply