« Back to the I HATE Facebook Forum

What are some the reasons y'all decided to delete your Facebook account?

My reasons are: 

1. FB requires you to use your government name.

2. The BS people post on there (too many "selfies", airing dirty laundry, stupid "status updates", etc).

3. No privacy (harvesting/selling user data, data breaches).

4. Mental health (comparing oneself to other users, etc).

5. Waste of time.

P.S: watch my video titled "Reasons Why I HATE Facebook & Why I DELETED It!" (link to the video is in the latest group bulletin & on my profile. 

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by RisenFromDarkness4867

posted
updated

Privacy and comparing. I had an account since 2017 since everyone else was using it. After we finished high school. I used to play a lot of games on the site a lot as a kid. Now most of them are gone. The new layout looks like hot garbage too. Which made me want to use it even less.  

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse the Destroyer

posted

My big one is extended family members being able to view your posts and it’s just not fun any more. Plus dumb posts and I don’t know if this is something other people take issue with but new parents posting everything about their kids.

Report Reply

Reply by Jason Anderson

posted
updated

I Deleted my Facebook back in August 2020

Do to
BS political posts
Telling peoples to wear a damn masks 
Data breaches 
Censorship
FB Jail time 
They got rid of lots of games
Death threats to me 
New layout 

I should had left Facebook Years Ago! 

Report Reply

Reply by Rivers

posted
updated

I've always thought Facebook was inferior to Myspace in all its forms. It always comes off as the "in crowd" site where you can only talk to people that you already know. Nobody, and I mean nobody, in that site will talk to a stranger, even if they're in the same group. Facebook was, and still is, a bad site to try to make new friends.

This makes the suggested friends feature both frustrating and annoying because nobody cares if you live in the same city, you'll look like a fucking weirdo who's trying to slip into someone's DMs for even liking one of their pictures.

I had a very small group of friends that I was desperately clinging onto, but once it because apparent that everyone was moving on from me, I called it quits and deleted my account.

Report Reply

Reply by Kristie

posted

Hi everyone,I just joined spacehey yesterday. So bare with me as I’m still learning this. I also hate Facebook,I really enjoyed it years ago. I think most of us did. I hate the algorithm and the censorship. Censorship was a big one for me. Yup I was in Facebook jail a few times. By the way,I discovered spacehey on Twitter. Not a fan of Twitter either nowadays. 

Report Reply

Reply by WaldorfzWrld

posted

SUCKimburg the reptile anomal creep is a woman hater ikno this becazs i do do not question it 

Report Reply

Reply by Nathan Thompson

posted

For me it was constantly getting Zucked and put into Facebook jail over some BS. Also the CONSTANT stream of misinformation is atrocious. It's become nothing bus a cesspool for people to hate and troll. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley Jean

posted

So glad spacehey is a thing! I missed MySpace so much. Facebook is way too stalkerish for me :/ you have to put your legal name and there is not a lot of personalization going on faceboook :/ 

Report Reply

Reply by Amber

posted

All the news and politics.  Nobody is on there to socialize.  

Report Reply

Reply by xXskullstomperXx

posted

Lack of privacy, customization, too much censorship, people in my family I’ve never seen in decades somehow finding me, pushing using your real info, and it being owned by a billionaire who doesn’t give a flying fuck about any individual.

Report Reply

Reply by Suburban Guy

posted

too much toxicity scrolling bs. it's good to see how your friends and family is doing though

Report Reply

Reply by Star Faery

posted
updated

The auto banning. I've been hit with the ban hammer multiple times when it's obvious it was a robot going by keywords and not an actual human at FB staff reading it. I was speaking for human rights and AGAINST rape, extremism, homophobia, and other topics. To make it more infuriating, the vile sociopaths justifying these things still have their accounts.

Report Reply

Reply by MockeryLloyd

posted

As an extremely squeamish person, there were times when people think it's okay to post graphic content. As a result, I had to just hit the "delete" button on my account. 

That and because FB is for old geezers lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Vista

posted

I had one as a kid because I had no idea I wasn't allowed. It was deleted after a month.
Anyways, I don't have one now and I'm just pissed off at Zuckerburg for making the Metaverse.

Report Reply