« Back to the Gothic and Alternative Community Forum

Bands and musicians

What are some of your favorite bands and musicians to listen to?

Report Topic

19 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Shadow Bliss

posted

My personal favourite Goth groups are Bauhaus, Joy Division, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Switchblade Symphony, Ghum (for a modern one), Dresden Dolls, Emilie Autumn, Evanescence and The Cure

Report Reply

Reply by LivingDeadGirl

posted

I listen to anything and everything. 

I'll probably look up these bands y'all have mentioned and give them a listen. :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Toxic

posted

Alien sex fiend

Report Reply

Reply by Petals And Thorns

posted
updated

Gary Numan, Switchblade Symphony, Garbage, The Birthday Massacre, Type O Negative, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Genitorturers, Lucia Cifarelli, Oingo Boingo, A Perfect Circle, Dead Can Dance, Tori Amos, Bjork, Massive Attack,  Delerium, Rammstein, The Prodigy, Drain STH, Tears For Fears, Concrete Blonde, Snake River Conspiracy, Lestat, Kidneythieves, Korn, Black Sabbath, The Gathering, Ministry, Rob Zombie, Filter, Stabbing Westward, The Chemical Brothers, Radiohead, Faith No More,  Portishead, Curve, Eurythmics, Ladytron, Loreena McKennitt, Lindsey Stirling, Julee Cruise, Lycia, Collide, Wendy Rule, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Faith And The Muse, Ashbury Heights, VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, London After Midnight, The Sisters of Mercy, Cocteau Twins, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Kraftwerk, This Mortal Coil, The Doors...and many more!

Report Reply

Reply by Petals And Thorns

posted
updated

Thanks for creating this topic Sarah!! :)

Report Reply

Reply by DarkMiryam

posted

Mine would be a really long list. 

Siouxie, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Lebanon Hanover, Emilie Autumn, Tristania, Theatre des Vampires, Arcana,  NEON, Nick Cave & the Bad Sees, Modèle Mècanique, South of No North... Just to name some of the things I listened in the last days :D

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ SARAH ☆

posted

Vision Video

Report Reply

Reply by DJ Jason

posted

Too many to mention, but here is a great new track from The Red Moon Macabre that came out today in honor of Poe, who inspired it:

https://theredmoonmacabre.bandcamp.com/track/londinium-the-man-of-the-crowd

Report Reply

Reply by SredniEel

posted

I love putting together DJ set lists, and used to play these set lists on Second Life. Here's a Christmas set I did back in the day.

The Cruxshadows – Quicksilver (Dancefloor Transformation)
* Beborn Beton Feat. Cookie Monster – Another World (C Is For Cookie Mix)
The Silence Industry – Kissing Clouds
The Mission – Atomic
Santa Hates You – Skeletal Parade
Disciples of Spess – Big After Christmas
The Cure – A Night Like This
The Sisters of Mercy – Doctor Jeep (Extended Mix)
O. Children – PT Cruiser
* H.P.Lovecraft Historical Society – The Cultist Song
The Cult – (Here Comes The) Rain
The 68 Eyes – Wasting the Dawn
Pretentious, Moi? – Witchhouse
Imperative Reaction – Only In My Mind
Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus
Covenant – Like Tears in the Rain
The Cruxshadows – Ave Maria
* Severed Heads – All Saint’s Day
Unheilig – O Tannenbaum
Abney Park – Little Drummer Boy
* Seabound – Without You
Red Flag – Santa Claws
Heimataerde – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
* Danny Elfman – The Oogie Boogie Song
Rogue/Cruxshadows – Anmis Christmas
London After Midnight – The Christmas Song
Unto Ashes – Krampusnacht
Sara Noxx – Heart in the Snow
Fictional – Blue Light
Toy Dolls – Chartbuster Razzmatazz Outro

There are so many great bands out there though. Some of my favorites include

Apoptygma Berzerk
Seven Red Seven
Red Flag
Sisters of Mercy
The Wake
Aesthetic Perfection
Santa Hates You
Project Pitchfork
Ministry

Report Reply

Reply by NXOEED

posted

Current 93. 

Report Reply

Reply by Turkleton

posted

Alien Sex Fiend, Das Ich, Sopor Æternus & the Ensemble of Shadows, Bella Morte (their first two or three albums, though), Creature Feature... Yeah, that's a good starting point

Report Reply

Reply by Bugzip

posted

My fav bands right now gotta be - Infester, Venom, Death, Grausamkeit. 

don't really have any fav artists.

Report Reply

Reply by moth

posted

Rosetta Stone! also highly recommend Rosegarden Funeral Party and Fields of the Nephilim. ooh and also G-Schmitt - I've only come across their music on youtube, as opposed to streaming services

Report Reply

Reply by Mystic

posted

O Children, Sisters of Mercy, Vision Video, autumn, King Dude, The Awakening, The Shroud.

Report Reply

Reply by kayla-may

posted

if you guys havent heard of Male Tears definetly give them a listen! the most amazing guys ever with the best personalities and the BEST music!

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ppiepal☆

posted

Ooh being a long time goth I could def rave on about my favorite bands, The Cure, Christian Death, She Past Away, The Cramps, The Smiths (tragically). But some underrated bands that I think fit the gothic sound that I enjoy are: Catholic Spit, P. Paul Fenech and The Coffin Fits! Check out 'Die Alone' by Catholic Spit, 'Theda Bara' by The Coffin Fits, and 'Demon Seed Rising' by P. Paul. :)

Report Reply

Reply by Kai

posted

Listed this in the introduction thread a little bit ago but some of my favourite goth and goth-adjacent bands are:

Cocteau Twins

Sad Lovers & Giants

The Chameleons UK

The Cure

Lowlife (UK band from the 80s)

Bauhaus

Depeche Mode

The Mission UK

The Sisters Of Mercy

Dead Can Dance

Report Reply

Reply by Gray

posted

I really love Lebanon Hanover, Desmond Doom, Rosegarden Funeral Party, The Cult Sounds (really obscure for some reason??? their song Phantoms is an absolute banger), and O. Children <3 I'll probably find more artists that I'll fall in love with over time

Report Reply

Reply by deaddolly

posted

strawberry switchblade, death in june, alien sex fiend, christian death, pink turns blue, skinny puppy, sad lovers & giants, ministry

Report Reply