« Back to the Real Emo Only Consists of The....... Forum

Some Intros

Hey guy! Just use this to post your favorite bands or something.
I'm mostly into the 90s stuff and have been super into more chill indie type things like Nymb, Everyone Asked About You, The Motifs, and The Crayon Fields. The last two might not exactly be emo but if you like the first two you should check them out anyways.
Other than that there's the usual Sunny Day Real Estate, Braid, and American Football, but I also like revival stuff and always have Algernon Cadwallader in my lists.

Report Topic

21 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☥Horemhat☥

posted

Reply by ThisIsHistory

posted

Not a fan myself but I'm sure someone on the, like, 5 different pop-punk and emo groups like 'em

Report Reply

Reply by TJ Vegas

posted

My favourite bands are Circa Survive, The World is a Beautiful Place and Explosions In The Sky. 

But I love early 2000s "Screamo" post hardcore band like Hot Cross, Daitro and Circle takes the square

Report Reply

Reply by miasma theory

posted

i recently have been more into modern screamo like slow fire pistol, dreamwell, and to be gentle, but i definitely love older stuff like neil perry, hot cross, i would set myself on fire for you, the kodan armada, the khayembii communique, and ten grand. i also have a healthy appreciation for revival bands like algernon cadwallader, hightide hotel, best witches, marquette, heccra, and the brave little abacus.

Report Reply

Reply by jordybabyy

posted

yeah im defo more into second wave and a few revival acts. cant beat sunny day real estate, braid, mineral and especially cap'n jazz

Report Reply

Reply by XxDespairFactionAshtonxX

posted

Hey I'm ashton. I joined this group cause I did have a phase where I exclusively only listened to the 90s midwest emo and skramz scene and I still like to listen to it occasionally. 

I enjoy bands like Jawbreaker and the get up kids, some The Appleseed Cast, and you cant go wrong with The Promise Ring. I preferably like their album "Very Emergency" over "Nothing Feels Good". Some may count this and I certainly do- but I LOVE Coheed and Cambria, especially their first album "Second Stage Turbine Blade", as this is where they carry over their most emo sound from their original fully emo band Shabutie. I have also seen American Football live in 2019. The show was very relaxing to say the least. Get guys with a good sense of humor. 

Report Reply

Reply by YWWPBand

posted

yo! i'm active in the current 5th wave emo scene, and i'm a fan of the whole midwest emo revival scene! my favorite band from 4th wave is either Snowing or Merchant Ships, and my current favorite from 5th wave is essentially just a 4th wave band that started last year called Bed Bunks. they also have a more popular project called Chester English that's on my small diy label called Dogbone Records.

Report Reply

Reply by Shiggy

posted
updated

Been really into japanese emo bands lately. By the End of Summer, Anorak, and Kudaranai1nichi are some really good ones. but other than that i usually listen to Snowing, Empire! Empire!, Dowsing, Mineral, and Penfold.

Report Reply

Reply by SuperWardBros

posted
updated

Whatever this is.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6N5HdLDPfcnt2xBg1fZ13t?si=2adaa964af234e20

Report Reply

I have a huge emo umbrella playlist blog that is majority real emo on my profile. Aside from that, I like Jeromes dream, Portraits of past, 1905, Cap'n Jazz, I would set myself on fire for you, The assistant is my favorite screamo band, my favorite post hxc band is Planes mistaken for stars, and my favorite emo band is The Pine !! 

Report Reply

Reply by peefroth

posted

hey everyone! i typically gravitate to emo that gets reviews and traction on twitter etc but try my best to scour bandcamp and discogs for other stuff! right now my faves are Home Is Where, Arm's Length and awakebutstillinbed but all time spots definitely go to Mineral, early MCR, Brand New, Algernon Cadwallader amd the Get Up Kids. would love adds and recommendations!

Report Reply

Reply by colonopenbracket

posted

i knew there would be a group for this lol. skramz is good

Report Reply

Reply by NeoNemesis

posted
updated

Hey dudes! You guys can refer to me as Nemesis if you'd like. I'm big into a lot of the early-mid 90's material, though really anything '90-'02 I'll delve into.

"Some" bands I dig a lot are Sunny Day Real Estate, Texas Is The Reason, Jawbreaker, Elliott, Sense Field, Braid, The Appleseed Cast, The Gloria Record, Jets To Brazil, Christie Front Drive, Piebald, Planes Mistaken For Cars, The Get Up Kids, Knapsack, New Found Glory, The Anniversary, No Knife, Cap'n Jazz, Cursive, Lifetime, Rainer Maria, At The Drive In, Hum, Hey Mercedes, Hot Rod Circuit, Jimmy Eat World, Kill Holiday, and Thursday, among many, many others (and hell, I already listed nearly 30 bands there haha).

I'd love to talk about and share a lot of these second wave bands since I don't have many people to really talk about them to, especially in person. This group seems chill enough to just relax and talk about them, and I hope I can get to know you guys better in time! 

Report Reply

Reply by parker<3

posted
updated

a mix of some older and newer stuff. i've been really big on hey monday lately. most of what i listen to is hawthorne heights, malice mizer, algernon chronicles, emerosa, sunny day real estate, mineral, the get up kids, la dispute, etc. that, or stuff like say we can fly, brokencyde, s3rl, i set my friends on fire. i have a pretty diverse music taste tho, so theres a lot more :)

Report Reply

Reply by foxfire_halo

posted

funeral diner, ten grand, the mock heroic, love lost but not forgotten, kill your children, majority rule, all that sweet stuff B)

Report Reply

Reply by hunter

posted

jawbreaker !!  currently trying to get more into american football, algernon cadwallader, mineral, etc   

plz recommend me some bands (-:  

Report Reply

Reply by Dastin Drella

posted

im into OG emo from the late 90s and early 00s and the bands i always recommend are From Autumn to Ashes and Her Words Kill !! 

Report Reply

Reply by Plead the Widow's Cause

posted

Hey Everyone! We're a post-hardcore band from the philly area. We take a lot of influence from early 00s bands like Underoath, Alexisonfire, etc.

You can check out our music here: https://linktr.ee/pleadthewidowscause

Report Reply

Reply by ♡★dayton★♡

posted

my favs r newfound interest in connecticut, texas is the reason, ATDI, get up kids, SDRE

Report Reply

Reply by salem_3

posted
updated

got into "real emo" around march or may of last year and have been in love ever since. for a while i thought emo was nothing more than a descriptor used for some of the emo-popish post hardcore bands of the 2000s like my chemical romance and the used, once i discovered it was a real genre i was beyond excited and even more excited when i found out about skramz. my two favorite genres within the scene are midwest emo and screamo, favorite bands are brave little abacus, lord snow, gillian carter and snowing.

havent listened to genre that much as of late since im currently more interested in metal but ive recently warmed back up to it, listening to this kind of music takes me back to a certain time in my life where the twinkly guitars and discordant riffs were the only things that brung me comfort during some tough times. 

Report Reply

Reply by Bucket

posted

Instead of listing 10+ bands here is my rym ratings that i tagged with emo

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/yepthatsabucket666/stag/emo/

Report Reply